It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't have Free Will.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Originally posted by Nicks87
We all have free will.

I think some people act like we dont so they wont have to take responsibility for their actions or feel guilty when they do something morally corrupt.

Aw.. em.. atheists (coughing)

Not all atheists believe we don't have free-will. Even if free-will didn't exist people would still have been (and will be) getting arrested for their crimes. In fact, if free-will doesn't, exists, it would mean that it was meant for people to be punished for their crimes (as well as thought who escaped).

This is just a thought.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
we do have free will, end of thread

lol, seriously.

if you feel you don't well then that's on you, but I am pretty darn free right now

I can go make anything happen, thoughts are manifesting faster these days...

operation love team is go

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Unrealized by many is that, our subconscious mind is our primary mind, while our self conscious mind which has only recently evolved in relation to humanoid existence is our secondary mind. The self conscious mind is like a guidance system which the subconscious mind can justifiably over rule should it believe its prime directive is being threatened by it.

Its prime directive is simple, Certainty, Security, Stability, Comfort. These can be defined by other words yet the feeling the portray are the same.

Our two minds are often in conflict with each other, purely due to the fact that they cannot accept each others perspective, which are vastly different.

Control of one or the other is not the answer to enhancing your free will.

Enjoy your journey of exploring what is..........

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is why I love ATS, it reveals the madness in the human when he's left to his own devices.

Mate, if you don't think you have a free will, then you don't. You are a boring biological machine with no purpose on this earth.

Dare I suggest you do us a favor? I'm not sure because that would require a choice and you are incapable of that aye!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
This is why I love ATS, it reveals the madness in the human when he's left to his own devices.

Mate, if you don't think you have a free will, then you don't. You are a boring biological machine with no purpose on this earth.

Dare I suggest you do us a favor? I'm not sure because that would require a choice and you are incapable of that aye!

YOU ARE deluded and I know you think you are being funny - but it just shows that your thinking is very concrete, IE not conscious IE automatic as per the machine

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Occams Razor.
He is right, mate.
law of parsimony.
edit on 4-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Ummm...So that means that the conscious me isn't responsible for my post's...past, present and future. So then...as all of my actions here at ATS are predetermined by a...programmed...subconscious...Then kindly re-gift me all of those goody points that were levied against me when I was...modified...for stating a pre-programmed, subliminal, subconscious, opinion...

Seems fair to me.............What say you?

YouSir

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
"You think you're free? Try going somewhere without money!"
Bill Hicks

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The brain's function is to match the inside alive body to the outside environmental happenings.

Some environmental cues are hard to discern. At times the brain makes guestimates, when data or outcomes are not known or understood. What the brain uses to fill in the picture is part inate brain structure (like the linguistic ability), genetic (the different accents in tissue that different human brains have) and human (tested by time).

The OP's article raises the idea of doom by psychological programming.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by HelenConway

Occams Razor.
He is right, mate.
law of parsimony.
edit on 4-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)
[/quote

edit on 4-5-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

why not just say something like ' if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck - chances are it is a duck ' simples !!!

Anyway - no one is saying that at a concrete material level you cannot make choices, but those choices are dicatated by your brain / physiology/ DNA / development etc

Not exactly ' blue sky' free will ...

edit on 4-5-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Question is, do we know what our free will really is?

Came upon this small book today, which i find very inspiring, and sort of linked with topic. Even it may not seem so at first..
grailforum.com...

I would recommend to look out other books from the STIFTUNG GRALSBOTSCHAFT publisher.

edit on 4-5-2013 by ClevererRunbeening because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Furthermore, what about when any individual decides to unplug and stop? Was there no free will?

An alcoholic decides to stop? No free will again?

A habitual Video Gamer decides he's wasted to much time and stops buying and playing games? No free will?

The scenerio's are endless~ But no free will?

Another, how about the free will to reject God's revelation and go with one's PO.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

If you don't have anything better to say than attack me, I suggest you stop posting.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by sulaw

Furthermore, what about when any individual decides to unplug and stop? Was there no free will?
An alcoholic decides to stop? No free will again?
A habitual Video Gamer decides he's wasted to much time and stops buying and playing games? No free will?
The scenerio's are endless~ But no free will?

Another, how about the free will to reject God's revelation and go with one's PO.

God allows YOU at ONCE to regect not only FREEWILL but ITSELF/GOD as well. Would you not call this perfection or a beauty of circumtance, its really odd and miraculous, and allows for personal observation, a completely different thing as it is an innate survival thing hard to get a hold of as we are sophisticated animals or manimammals. There is an intrinsic design here, is it Universal Field Theory/elegant design or a God Being?
edit on 5-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by MadMax7

If you don't have anything better to say than attack me, I suggest you stop posting.

If what I read was an attack I would say both of its front legs were broken long before so doing.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there's no use arguing with God about your destiny (Ecclesiastes 6:10)

What I believe: Whatever options we have, they have already been decided.
Whichever options we pick will decide the destiny, fate, the ending. Can be good, bad, satisfying, etc.
And these endings have already been written.
It's like Sim Dating game

My character will be your container, one day

Below is the picture my friends did:

This is what he said to me when he described the picture:
we only take the chances the life present to each of us.
but we can do a 'little' more than that: simply do our best.
edit on 5-5-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

reply to post by MadMax7

If what I read was an attack I would say both of its front legs were broken long before so doing.

It wasnt an attack. The mods on this site just like to act tough when they start losing arguments.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Were you compelled to make the OP in this thread to tell us that we don't have free will?

Now this^^^ is interesting.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I do think we have free will. Although, most may predestine thier choices by not wanting to accept the repercussions of thier decision. Hence, it is "easier" to just go with the flow than to deal with the outcome.

IMO, free will is there for all, society, as a whole pushes the hand of direction.

Yes... I se this has already been said....

edit on 5-5-2013 by MoonSage because: Just seen a similar response.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

reply to post by MadMax7

It wasnt an attack. The mods on this site just like to act tough when they start losing arguments.

How funny I didnt see this, they are sneaky arent they; Pushme-Pullyou Llamas Doctor Doolittle style creatures, playing a game (I AM IN). Happy fun times always. Here is the funny thing, they rarely show up to start threads, this one by TheBandit795 was a welcome surprise (I am always a defender of truth and justice even if behind the eight ball two on the felt).

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join