page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Wow!! That was a great post.
Thank you.

Children also associate the "fight or flight" response with certain memories and images (a parent savagely beating them at the age of 4 for example) which will then stick to them until death or until they are able to release them. How often do child abuse victims end up become abusers themselves, and become criminals themselves?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by neo96

So I am really not responsible for my posts?

My brain is on autopilot 95% of the time that means 95% of the trouble I get in to is not by my own free will.

Please clarify.

Already did. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-5-2013 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

And the post linked above turns out to be:

Jumping to conclusions here? When did I say that we should not be responsible (and accountable) for our actions and our lives? The two are not mutually exclusive. Conscious lack of free will does not mean that you cannot take ownership of those subconscious thoughts, actions and habits that you do and commit.
The subconscious/unconscious is programmable and you are able to reprogram it do make you have the thoughts, feeling, habits and actions necessary for you to be able direct your life to whatever you want it to be.

I have a thread on "psychological reversal". Can't link to it right now because I'm on a mobile device.

1. Conscious lack of free will is a conditional statement. As a conditional statement, it asserts that if we are not consciously aware of a decision we have made, then we didn't make the decision.

2. If an unconscious decision is made and we didn't make it, who did? Psychological studies show that unwelcome influence is unanimously resisted, which means that if we have been influenced into making a decision that is not our own, we made the decision to accept that influence and therefore have made a subconscious decision to accept the consequences.

3. If that first unconscious decision to accept the consequences of allowing such influence was not our decision, then that means we are so pervasively controlled that every possibility is theoretically an engineered incident designed by an outside party. This implies destiny, which implies that our conscious decisions have no purpose. Our path is predetermined and the state of conscious merely gives the illusion of having any voice in our lives at all.

4. Given the previous deductions, we are faced with two options: our subconscious is part of our free will, or none of "us" is really "us", but simply NPC's inserted to role play a story that has already been written. In which case, we're not really alive at all.

5. Given the above conclusion, you can either choose plausible deniability or paranoid schizophrenia.

If I have made an error at some point during my examinations, please point it out.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Covertblack

You are already on autopilot at least 95% of the time.
edit on 2-5-2013 by TheBandit795 because: add the "reply to"

I believe that is true but someone still has to program the autopilot. It is up to us to decide who does the programming.

Is it the media? Family? Friends? God? Politicians?

Or is it us as individuals?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

So if this is even close to being true then THEY could make humanity stop killing each other and actually become a civil species.........seems diabolical to keep a species as a defective as we are.............what could someone possibly want with us like this??

Wait, am I being naïve here?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I'm sorry but there is no concrete evidence that every single human being on this planets acts constantly through the subconscious unless there is something very wrong with me that is. Yes the unconscious/subconscious can raise thoughts into my consciousness yet it does not mean I act out on them every single time.

I still have the free will to choose on action or inaction of thoughts/desires/decisions and so forth.
I am very well aware of the influence of subliminal messages and the massive role they play in our system but I think it is more people who allow themselves to be on ''auto-pilot'' out of sheer comfort and ignorance rather than it being a natural phenomena.

In fact I personally think with the world we are raised in (especially the latest generation) we are almost bread to function on autopilot. Constant flashing of imagery coaxing us what to think,be,and feel.
How to act and what to buy so we can be viewed as the 'alpha demographic' in society.
Mainstream music advertising fashion and lifestyle more than the composition itself.
It is no fallacy that the new world has a serious agenda behind the curtains and it is much easier to control a dull and unwary person focused on a ''plastic'' existence, than an individual that questions authority and his/her life with constant criticism.

" Many soda commercials, he says by way of example, show the drink with positive-reward cues such as friends or beaches. "If you are exposed to these advertisements over and over again, it does create an association in your mind, and your unconscious is more likely to suddenly decide you want a Coke," he says.

Yet again I'm sorry but I don't fall for that crap and I'm sure many of you on this site can agree than once you open your mind to how sinister this ''free world'' really is you almost develop an anti conformity attitude in a certain degree. Non- the less it is a credible hypothesis and a validation as to how serious things have become but I must digress that not everybody falls under this categorization. The only difference between the man and the hamster is the man pays for his own cage....

Thanks for sharing though and I'm obviously just voicing my opinion, Good things

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Bravo that explanation was perfect, it is folk like you that makes this site a joy to explore.
Good things

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

So if this is even close to being true then THEY could make humanity stop killing each other and actually become a civil species.........seems diabolical to keep a species as a defective as we are.............what could someone possibly want with us like this??

Wait, am I being naïve here?

Because conflict and divison brings THEM power and wealth.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Agree, just another nail in the coffin of humanity............sad, truly sad.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

Or they've been at it long enough for the subconscious to accept it in it's new programming. Some say it takes 21 days, some say at least a month.

We DO have the Power of Free Will.

Most of us just require a simple awakening. That has already happened.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

I believe that is true but someone still has to program the autopilot. It is up to us to decide who does the programming.

Is it the media? Family? Friends? God? Politicians?

Or is it us as individuals?

Exactly, it's usually the media, family etc.. Our environment where we grew up. When we are older we should be able to take over and drop some of those "core beliefs" about our world. Should be. It's usually not the case.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You had to choose to click the title of this thread therefore you used your free will and made a choice.

Every choice you make in life guide you through your timeline. If the future already exists then despite the illusion of free will, all of the choices you will make are already predetermined... The only way to change that is to have precise foreknowledge of the future and then willfully make different choices.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro

to say you dont have free will is to say we are predetermined bio robots almost like an advanced AI, and that this is a matrix or something similair.

That's why I said "in the way we define free will". Our subconscious mind is what determines our thoughts and actions IMO. But we can reprogram the subconscious.

Ah...

Fresh B.S.

Thanks.

link   

Originally posted by ausername
If the future already exists then despite the illusion of free will, all of the choices you will make are already predetermined... The only way to change that is to have precise foreknowledge of the future and then willfully make different choices.

How can anyone know the future?
Do you assume the future exists?
edit on 3-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ausername
You had to choose to click the title of this thread therefore you used your free will and made a choice.

Every choice you make in life guide you through your timeline. If the future already exists then despite the illusion of free will, all of the choices you will make are already predetermined... The only way to change that is to have precise foreknowledge of the future and then willfully make different choices.

Ironically, imagination is the key to reality.

Think about it.

We also have The Power of Imagination.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Think about it.

The imagination is images made of 'what is not'.
'What is' does not need imagining.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
1. Conscious lack of free will is a conditional statement. As a conditional statement, it asserts that if we are not consciously aware of a decision we have made, then we didn't make the decision.

Define "we". I believe that "we" are more than just our conscious mind. Our subconscious mind is "us" as well.

2. If an unconscious decision is made and we didn't make it, who did? Psychological studies show that unwelcome influence is unanimously resisted, which means that if we have been influenced into making a decision that is not our own, we made the decision to accept that influence and therefore have made a subconscious decision to accept the consequences.

Agreed.

3. If that first unconscious decision to accept the consequences of allowing such influence was not our decision, then that means we are so pervasively controlled that every possibility is theoretically an engineered incident designed by an outside party. This implies destiny, which implies that our conscious decisions have no purpose. Our path is predetermined and the state of conscious merely gives the illusion of having any voice in our lives at all.

That first decision can be a subconscious decision when a method has been used to bypass the conscious mind.

4. Given the previous deductions, we are faced with two options: our subconscious is part of our free will, or none of "us" is really "us", but simply NPC's inserted to role play a story that has already been written. In which case, we're not really alive at all.

I believe it's the first part. Together with the subconscious (when it's intentions are alligned with our conscious intentions) we can really have free will.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Then debunk what I said.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Define "we". I believe that "we" are more than just our conscious mind. Our subconscious mind is "us" as well.

Which means we DO have free will, we just are uncertain has to how to use it.

I believe it's the first part. Together with the subconscious (when it's intentions are alligned with our conscious intentions) we can really have free will.

I don't think it means we don't have free will. I think that's what we call "conflicted". It just means that you're confused, not that you're enslaved or whatever.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Think about it.

The imagination is images made of 'what is not'.
'What is' does not need imagining.

The Power of Imagination works well with The Power of Creation.

Lets see, that's 3 so far.

Power of Free Will

Power of Imagination

Power of Creation
edit on 3-5-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Which means we DO have free will, we just are uncertain has to how to use it.

When you include the subconscious, then yes. I agree that we do have free will. Discard the subconscious (which the vast majority of people do) then we don't have free will.

I don't think it means we don't have free will. I think that's what we call "conflicted". It just means that you're confused, not that you're enslaved or whatever.

Another word for "conflicted" is the "psychological reversal" that I mentioned before.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join