It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bhutto “The Man Who Murdered Bin Laden”—Debunked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well with the second anniversary of his death I thought I would write up a thread on the man.

So…..

On November 2nd 2007 Benazir Bhutto give an interview with David Frost for the Al-Jazeera channel during this interview when asked about a pervious assassination attempt on her live in October 2007. Now without a in depth description of what the whole interview the important bit most we are concerned about for this thread is at 2:21 on the below video where Benazir Bhutto clearly says:

OMAR SHEIKH, THE MAN WHO MURDERED OSSAMA BIN LADEN

Understandably this video has been quoted by many as the smoking gun that in 2007 Bin Laden was already dead because Bhutto said so and more so the BBC tried to cover this up by editing the above line out of their broadcast of the interview and then not even two months later Bhutto was assassinated

However many claim that Bhutto merely misspoke and this seems to make much more sense than saying she just came out with it like that. If you watch the video through all the way you will note that she uses the phase “Hamza Bin Laden “ and “Osama Bin Laden” only a minute or so before she makes her startling announcement about Omar Sheikh.

Who is Omar Sheikh?

If we take some time to look at Omar Sheikh then things become a little more interesting. His full name is Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh and his is a British-Pakistani by birth who has a very interesting past. Educated at the prestigious London School of Economics, where he is said to have told his fellow students he had already been training for Jihad in Pakistan so he could fight in Yugoslavia before dropping out before his final year some time in 1993 (Link)

He claims to have fought in Bosnia which may or may not be true however regardless in 1994 he was arresting for the kidnapping of 3 British and an American in India. Then in 1999 he was released early after terrorists hijacked Indian Airlines Flight 814 and demanded his release in exchange for hostages. It is also interesting to note that in his book Pervez Musharraf has claimed that Omar was once recruited by the SIS however believes that he was a double agent, he may also have connections to Pakistani ISI.

After his release he spent most of his time in Lahore and some have suggested that it’s possible that he may have wired $100,000 to the 9/11 plotters however the 9/11 commission does not confirmed that Omar was the source of this transfer.

He has quite a interesting history and I would say that for anyone interested in Islamic extremism his story is definitely worth looking into in more depth. But this thread is not about Omar Sheikh this is about Bhutos claism that he killed Bin Laden.

So….

Did Omar kill Bin Laden?

NO! and let me tell you why.

Other than the events of two years ago the very last time that anyone can officially state where Bin Laden was, was in mid-December 2001 when according to Delta Force commander Dalton Fury (read his book for more info) American and British Special Forces intercepted a transmission made by Bin Laden during the battle of Tora-Bora.

Omar Sheikh was in Pakistan during this time as a member of Jaish-i Mohammad, it was also during this time his first child was born in November 2001 in Lahore and we know that Bin Laden must have been alive during mid-December in Afghanistan. So if Daniel killed Bin Laden logically speaking it was going to have been some time after December 2001 because they were both in different places ( Link).

Well in January of 2002 Mr Sheikh was up to something else he was plotting the kidnap of American Journalist Daniel Pearl who he lured and took part in his kidnapping on January 23 2002. Nine days later he was beheaded and shortly after that either on the 5 or 12 of February 2002 Omar Sheikh was arrested for his murder and has remained in prison ever since. It is also worth pointing out that since his incarceration others have claimed to have been responsible for the beheading of the journalist including the 9/11 master mind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

So since early 2002 Omar Sheikh has been in prison for the murder of Daniel Pearl (even though its very possible he didnt do it) and could not have murdered bin laden any time since then and it seems to be very unlikely that he could have done so beforehand either (link)

So what about what Bhutto said?

It seems clear that she misspoke; by looking at the biography of Omar Sheikh it would seem that at no point between December 2001 and the start of February he would have had the opportunity to have killed Bin Laden. As such it seems more likely that Bhutto misspoke what she meant to say was “Omar Sheikh the man who murdered Daniel Pearl”.

Ahhh but why then did the BBC censor it.

According to the BBC, who were quite open about this,

During the interview, first broadcast at the start of November last year (more info here), Ms Bhutto made what was, on the face of it, an astonishing allegation - that Osama Bin Laden had been murdered by Omar Sheikh. The claim was brief, and went unchallenged by Sir David Frost.

Under time pressure, the item producer responsible for publishing the video on the BBC website edited out the comment, with the intention of avoiding confusion. The claim appeared so unexpected that it seemed she had simply mis-spoken. However, editing out her comment was clearly a mistake, for which we apologise, and it should not have happened. There was no intention on our part to distort the meaning of the interview, and we will endeavour to replace the edited version currently available via our website, with the original interview as broadcast by Al-Jazeera, which, in the meantime, you can find on YouTube here.

BBC News

So ATS I think that’s pretty much that.

Omar Sheikh did not murder Bin laden, Bhutto misspoke. I would also point out that there has never been anything else to corroborate the claim that Omar Sheikh killed Bin Laden other than her error in a David Frost interview and that before the interview and indeed after it she often spoke about Bin Laden in terms of being alive.

I want to also make it clear that this thread is only about the Bhutto claim, I know there is a plethora of other claims that point to Bin Laden having died before may 2 2011 but I think this is one claim we can say has been “debunked”.

edit on 2-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Daniel Pearl was in Pakistan investigating the connection between the ISI and the Al Qaeda, which since they been hiding and sponsoring them since the begining, wouldn't have been too difficult.

Everyone knows Saeed sheikh was playing both sides, working for the ISI and Britains intelligence services aswell as being a renown terrorist.

So, if Pearl had uncovered a link, which would have been very inconvenient for everyone, he would have to go.

Maybe he even had something on the ISI's and it's CIA connections..he probably followed the money trail.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Well at the time of his kidnapping Daniel pearl was looking into Richard Reed the shoe bomber but you are correct another area he was investigating was the connections between elements of the ISI and Al-Qa’ida.

I think the whole thing about Sheikh being a SIS informant is probably untrue, at the very least I think after the kidnapping of British and American tourists they would have washed their hands of him. However I do think that he may have had some very interesting links with ISI but that is as far as I would go.

Regardless I think that’s all besides the point, the point being that Omar Sheikh could not really have conceivably murdered Bin Laden.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here, the crux,the pivitol point of the whole "great game" is Pakistan.

They are playing everyone for fools and have been since the 80's.

If Omar Saeed Sheikh didn't kill Pearl, (or Bin Laden) then the ISI certainly did...

and part 2.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Mrs Bhutto "misspoke"?

Not credible. She did not mispronounce either Bin Laden's nor Omar Saeed Sheikh's name. Nor did sho exhibit ANY sign of confusion.

This is an ad hoc, desperate attempt to provide an alternative explanation to what is clear evidence, provided by a politician who had access to high-level intelligence, of the lie embedded in Washington's version of the truth.

It simply does not wash.

Nor does the pathetic excuse offered by the BBC once its censorship of Mrs Bhutto's remarks was exposed.

If you are going to debunk a claim, at least provide evidence supporting your debunking. Ad hoc contentions and dodgy, contentious arguments don't cut it

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I have provided evidence its pretty much impossible for Omar to have killed Osama as they were in two different places during the only time he could have conceivably have killed him.

Other than Bhutto’s tong tie there is zero evidence to support any idea that Omar Sheikh killed Bin Laden.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thanks for those video’s, I am pretty sure I watched them when they first aired but regardless that my night time viewing sorted out.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Does this mean that the deed itself could not be ordered by the accused?
That others may have done the assassination on his orders?
I am unclear as to the amount of power this pwerson may have actually wielded.
Also what would be his motive for doing the deed?
They were allies were they not?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
They were allies were they not?

In this game, there are no friends.

In this game there are no allies.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" - Nicolo Machiavelli, from the book The Prince.

"know your enemy and know yourself and you will always be victorious" Sun Tzu

What we see on the TV, that Pakistan and Saudi are our allies, is a crock.

Watch the videos above.

For more than 20 years Pakistan has hid, fed and given the Taliban money and arms. They do this so they dont cross the border and start a regime change in Pakistan itself. Pakistan fear the Taliban.
As one Taliban states in the video about the ISI trying to control the Taliban- " You cant piss up a tree in Kandahar without the ISI know about it"..the Taliban are growing tired of them.

Prior to 9/11 Pakistani ISI sent $150,000 to Mohammed Atta through Saeed Sheikh. Nobody has ever ask the government why they allowed this to go unpunished.

Saudi, well 15 of the 9/11er's were Saudi and the 15 got their entry visas through the US consulate in Jeddah and Riyad. Saudi familes fund Wahabi Jihad terrorism.
The FBI can directly link Saudi Arabia to 9/11.
However, we are talking about petrol states here, and that comes before lives and friendships.
edit on 2-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

No one want the truth Afghan Pakistan are making US fools $200,000 here 1,million there, it all goes to the top poppy, for they are growing poppy's poppy, does not matter when or who killed OBL, if he is dead, no DNA to confirm this. got to keep the top poppy going, to have them poppy's poppy..... and that is not poopey

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Honestly that is a possibility all be it a remote possibility and there is no evidance to support it, but yes i do agree with you it is possible

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This subject is so complex, so impossible to decipher, it has so many twists and turns that probably even the people who are trapped in the game don't know they're playing.

One thing is certain, Pakistan has been shown to be interlaced with the Taliban beyond a doubt, with funding, arming and infrastructure

Even the Taliban don't deny it,in fact they're so sick of the ISI they dont know what to do.

The fact the Daniel Pearl was investingating this link and maybe had proof, was probably the cause of his death.

Pakistan can't be seen to be publicy playing both sides.

So, that Omar Saeed Sheikh may have killed Bin Laden, isnt as far fetched as it seems,even if theres evidence against it.

We all know that OBL was known as Tim Osman when he started to work for the company, and we all know that the ISI is simply another tool of the CIA.

Saeed Sheikh worked for British Intelligence so it would'nt be impossible for a rogue agent like Sheikh (working for several inteligence services and as a terrorist at the same time) was contracted to kill off an asset of CIA by the CIA.
After all,everyone talks of OBL the head of Al Qaeda and the worlds number 1 terrorist, but at the end of the day he was just an asset of the CIA, just like Chip Tatum.

That Bhutto was privvy to this information, or maybe just a part, isnt suprising.

That she was killed shortly afterwards doesn't come as a suprise.
If there is any truth to the rumour, then maybe the ISI had her shut up aswell.

edit on 4-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join