It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldier might get Court Martial for being a Christian.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There's nothing more dangerous than some Christian using words in sentences that verify their beliefs. This kind of behavior can lead to all sorts of terrible things. In fact, Christianity should be listed as a WMD and anyone who believes should be prosecuted.

There, I fixed it.

God bless you all.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
There's nothing more dangerous than some Christian using words in sentences that verify their beliefs. This kind of behavior can lead to all sorts of terrible things. In fact, Christianity should be listed as a WMD and anyone who believes should be prosecuted.

There, I fixed it.

God bless you all.

No. But when a Christian a Muslim, a Wiccan and a Satanist all get put into the same until which happens to have a catholic Sgt... Then what?

This causes angst in the ranks and hurts morale.

You are not in the Military to save souls- You are there to kill them and let God sort it out. This is not a religious order and should not be a place where our ranks have fights over ones faith when we need them work in cihesion and support one another fully.

-This isnt just "Christian" it is all faiths. Do you want your Son (or yourself if you are in the Military) having to hear about the Joys of the satanic faith and why you should join the church of satan? Of have a Muslim use verses in the Koran to prove Christians are fools, etc...etc...

-Because it works all ways.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
as far as christianity being a wmd
everyone speaks of Germany in WW2 as being NAZI
were they nazi in WW!?
no
prior to ww2 they were
56 % protestant
40 % catholic
and 4 percent jewish, pagan, and whatever else...
and that is from one of the most accurate surveys everywhere because the government collected for the churches through the tax returns

now
how many people did those christians send to thieir maker(s)
what almost 50 million?
gee now there is a WMD for you

and don't forget the protestants were as antisemitic as the modern nato christians are anti muslim which is why they were the "last to go" as that famous poem states "first they came for the ..."

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I agree with you I mean it shouldn't matter what religion u are
Or what u believe in I don't think he should be punished for voicing
his oppinion or belief people these days I swear you can't do
Anything anymore

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
breitbart.com?

False victim (Christians): Check
Manufactured outrage: Check
Sensationalism: Check
Devoid of the most prominent fact (it's illegal to do this in the military): Check
Whipping people into a frenzy: Check

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's not for being a Christian, it's for religious proselytization, which is NOT permitted.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yet another "cry wolf" moment on the Christian front. For lack of legitimate issues to raise hell over, they break their own rules and cry oppression when we call them on it. Need I say more?
edit on 2-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to post by skorpius

It's not for being a Christian, it's for religious proselytization, which is NOT permitted. Do you think Christians should have special rights to proselytize? How about other religions? Should Muslim soldiers be permitted to push their religion?

Especially in the military, there are rules that must be followed.

The problem with justifying it as separating church and state is that it is a persecution of Christian soldiers by attacking the free speech.

The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In other words, by prosecuting soldiers for merely expressing a Christian concept or mentioning anything Christian, they are suppressing free speech unnecessarily. It is just more anti-Christian pc attacks. It's so transparent. The Obama people are Marxist and Leninist/Marxist communists have always sought to eliminate religion. It's in the Communist Manifesto.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Yet another "cry wolf" moment on the Christian front. For lack of legitimate issues to raise hell over, they break their own rules and cry oppression when we call them on it. Need I say more?
edit on 2-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Who is "we"?

second

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
The problem with justifying it as separating church and state is that it is a persecution of Christian soldiers by attacking the free speech.

1. It's not just Christians. It's ANY religion.
2. There are limits on soldiers' rights.

The Department of Defense clarified its policy Thursday to better define the terms, stating that "service members can share their faith (evangelize), but must not force unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others of any faith or no faith to one's beliefs (proselytization)."

Military Clarifies Ban on Proselytizing

In other words, by prosecuting soldiers for merely expressing a Christian concept or mentioning anything Christian, they are suppressing free speech unnecessarily.

That's not what they're doing.

The Obama people are Marxist and Leninist/Marxist communists have always sought to eliminate religion. It's in the Communist Manifesto.

Blah, blah, blah.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Originally posted by redoubt

There, I fixed it.

God bless you all.

No. But when a Christian a Muslim, a Wiccan and a Satanist all get put into the same until which happens to have a catholic Sgt... Then what?

This causes angst in the ranks and hurts morale.

You are not in the Military to save souls- You are there to kill them and let God sort it out. This is not a religious order and should not be a place where our ranks have fights over ones faith when we need them work in cihesion and support one another fully.

-This isnt just "Christian" it is all faiths. Do you want your Son (or yourself if you are in the Military) having to hear about the Joys of the satanic faith and why you should join the church of satan? Of have a Muslim use verses in the Koran to prove Christians are fools, etc...etc...

-Because it works all ways.

Apparently, you did not know that in WWII, the military routinely gave prayers before battle and mostly to the Christian God.
William sperry, Harvard university, Harper and Brothers, 1943, new york

Dispel for this hour, O Lord, the manifold distractions of the world; that we may be able with quiet minds to receive the promptings of thy still small voice.

O God, thou hast made us for thyself and our hearts are restless until they find rest in thee. We give thee thanks for this divine indwelling unrest; help us so to trust its leadings that we fail not of the things, which belong, unto our peace.

Grant, we beseech thee, merciful Lord, to thy faithful people pardon and peace; that they may be cleansed from all their sins, and serve thee with a quiet mind; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

O Thou, who searchest the hearts of men: Look with mercy upon our sins, especially our sins against the truth; forgive them and help us to walk this day in the light. Deliver us from timid silence; give us courage to speak the truth with boldness and grace to speak the truth with love; and save us in thought, word, and deed from the perils of self-deception.

Forgive us, O Lord, the sins of our youth and our age, the sins of our soul and the sins of our body, our secret sins, our presumptuous and crying sins, the sins we have done to please ourselves. Forgive those sins, which we know, and those sins against the Holy Spirit. May the same Spirit convict us of those sins which we have never dared to acknowledge even to ourselves, as of those sins which have so laid hold upon us that we no longer confess them to be sins.

O Thou, who searchest the hearts of men: Look with mercy upon our sins, especially our sins against the truth; forgive them and help us to walk this day in the light. Deliver us from timid silence; give us courage to speak the truth with boldness and grace to speak the truth with love; and save us in thought, word, and deed from the perils of self-deceptions.

Grant that our soldiers may be brave in battle, high hearted in hardship, dauntless in defeat and gentle in victory. Be with all those who have trained themselves in times of peace to serve their country in the day of war; giving them endurance and self-control, skill and courage, in the duty now before them.

veteransprayers.tripod.com...

So President Barack Obama’s civilian appointees who lead the Pentagon are confirming that the military will make it a crime--possibly resulting in imprisonment--for those in uniform to share their faith. This would include chaplains—military officers who are ordained clergymen of their faith (mostly Christian pastors or priests, or Jewish rabbis)--whose duty since the founding of the U.S. military under George Washington is to teach their faith and minister to the spiritual needs of troops who come to them for counsel, instruction, or comfort.

It is evident that people do not know this history because of the secular humanist revisionist history presented.

Only in recent times have the seculars insisted that this is not appropriate because they are bound and determined to eliminate the Christian faith in any way possible.

This is nothing but sheer anti-Christian and an attempt to use political correctness to shield their true agenda.

oh yeah, and it's "cohesion" not "cihesion".

edit on 2-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Apparently, you did not know that in WWII, the military routinely gave prayers before battle and mostly to the Christian God.

This is not WWII.

Only in recent times have the seculars insisted that this is not appropriate because they are bound and determined to eliminate the Christian faith in any way possible.

No one wants to eliminate the Christian faith. I (and others, including soldiers) just don't want to be harassed about it.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
breitbart.com?

False victim (Christians): Check
Manufactured outrage: Check
Sensationalism: Check
Devoid of the most prominent fact (it's illegal to do this in the military): Check
Whipping people into a frenzy: Check

So good Kali !
I felt like I used to argue politically with you a couple years ago,
I could be confused, there are a bunch I argue with here,
But lately you take the words right out of my mouth .
So thank you.

And please Breitbart or Breitbarts' ghost ?
(because Obama killed him obviously)
Breitbart.com is not now, nor was it, and honestly it'll never will be.... actual news.
It'll be "news" but only in the since that it says so on the website.

edit on 2-5-2013 by sealing because: sp

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

This is not WWII.

No one wants to eliminate the Christian faith. I (and others, including soldiers) just don't want to be harassed about it.

What difference does it make what freakin war it is or isn't? Talk about a strawman. So it was ok to give a prayer in WWII but now we can't because some Obama schmuck says so?

And yes they DO want to eliminate it from every public venue under the auspices of so called separation of Chuch and State. It is pretty much seculars who want to remove it. What do you think the removal of the Ten Commandments from the Courthouse was all about? Why do you think seculars have an issue with displaying the crèche even in front of a Church?

Even on this forum one guy got all pissy with me for saying the word "Jesus" and told me to stop it on his thread. I didn't know the word "Jesus" was considered a forbidden word on ATS, did you?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
For those who say its bad for religious people to Proselytize.

Then why do politician's get to do it?

What's the difference?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This is not WWII.

So prosecuting a soldier for speaking his faith means that military chaplains will have to be eliminated and/or be prosecuted....even though we have had military chaplains at least since WWII, and you have the gall to tell me this isn't WWII so it doesn't matter?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
For those who say its bad for religious people to Proselytize.

Then why do politician's get to do it?

It's a Department of Defense rule for soldiers. I don't know what politicians you're talking about... ?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

But what real "Christian" is in the Military anyhow?

Seriously? All you are doing is injecting a liberal pacifist anti-war slogan into the mix. Real Christians have genuine Patriotic love of country and duty to protect their fellow citizens.

I have a great anti-war song for ya from the 60's if you want to go down that route....

By the way, my Dad was Episcopalian and he was in the 82nd rescuing Jews from Neuengamme camps. So there goes your theory and a few others too.

Anyway, I don't want to hear any complaints when our judicial system is overrun with the practice of Sharia Law. It is already happening in Europe and all under the guise of tolerance and political correctness. Everyone will forget that Obama prosecuted Christian soldiers.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It's a Department of Defense rule for soldiers. I don't know what politicians you're talking about... ?

Really?

pros·e·ly·tize (prs-l-tz) v. pros·e·ly·tized, pros·e·ly·tiz·ing, pros·e·ly·tiz·es v.intr.

1. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.
2. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine. v.tr. To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

The proselytizer in chief is kind of hard for anyone to miss not just him all politician's do it.

The church of government knows best is well known to most.

edit on 2-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

So prosecuting a soldier for speaking his faith means that military chaplains will have to be eliminated and/or be prosecuted....

No. They just aren't permitted to try to RECRUIT soldiers to their religion. There's a difference between saying, "I'm a Christian" and saying "Have you allowed Jesus Christ into your heart"? Do you see the difference?

even though we have had military chaplains at least since WWII, and you have the gall to tell me this isn't WWII so it doesn't matter?

This country is becoming more secular. More and more people don't have religion in their lives. It's just a fact of life. People don't want to be harassed by someone trying to push their religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join