It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me talk about death to my son.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

My 6 year old told me she wished no one ever died and no one ever went to heaven. So it sounds like to me that she wants us all to be immortal and walk the earth forever. I told her that will never happen, because everything that lives will die.

I then told her that even though our bodies die our actions and words will echo in eternity(gladiator quote
) but to embellish, i said to her that one day i will be gone, but if you remember one lesson Ive taught you, or remember one thing thing I did than I was always be alive, even though my body wont be here.

She then informed me that she doesnt want to talk about it anymore because its gonna make her cry, but i think we made some progress on that day. I have seen people that death rules there lives, were the loss of someone close almost takes over and alters there lives for years, if not forever. I hope my kids dont turn out this way, and I hope I am going about it the right way, The thing is though every kid is different, and only you really know the best way to talk about death to your kid.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

and I think the questions started pretty much around that time with Jesus being on the cross etc.

Well, yeah...I mean how do you explain to the kid that we're worshiping a zombie? I can see the confusion....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey there Lulz,well i believe in reincarnation,so that influences my worldview,and every aspect of my life,really.So what i've told my son is:It's impossible to die.When this flesh-suit gets too worn-out/suffers catastrophic damage, our present incarnation is over.Then we (who are spirit+energy,invisible) we leave,we ditch the suit,and return to the astral plane/dimension where all spiritform go upon departing Here.Then we,according to our lives we've lived:1)stay there to learn more,or 2) reincarnate here again to learn more If we want to come back here, OR we are forced to reincarnate,to work off karma-till one day we have progressed,learnt and experienced enough to reunite with our Source.

The Source of all soul/spirit,the true "God" if you will,whence we came.That to leave here,Does mean seperation,which can be very sad,but that it's only temporary-when we are in spiritform,our natural state,we eventually can reunite with beloved fellow souls,when they too,ditch the fleshsuit/practical physical conveyance for This specific world,when their tours here are done.

I also tell him of the consequences of building up much bad karma in any given incarnation-because of how it limits your choices when you leave here.(I believe some one who chose to wilfully commit evil acts,and never felt remorse or desire for atonement while here,do not get a choice in whether to reincarnate,and most likely Here,though there could be worse places,and many times,to work off that much bad karma.

To me that would be "Hell",as opposed to a chance to learn more,all over the omniverse,which is fabulously interesting,much more freedom,and of "Heaven"-reuniting with the Source/God.Well i'm not saying you should tell your son the exact same thing,just saying,that's what i believe,what resonates as truth in my deepest being,and makes sense to me.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Gazrok because: Edited by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paragraphs.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
dp
edit on 2-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join