It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious artifacts of Jiroft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This is just bizarre, i came across images of supposed artifacts of adornment from Konar Sandal ziggurat at Jiroft, which would be around 5,000 years old from Iran.

When i saw this one i looked at it long and hard as i'd never seen anything like it and there was something highly disconcerting regarding the form;

The problem is with the perfection of the symmetry across the vertical and horizontal axis, it's well beyond freaky mirroring.

There is also this piece seen on the website, which again is hauntingly beautiful and has similar thematic design as to the first piece.

The site were they are from is of good quality and there is no reason to doubt them in terms of basic style, when compared with other artifacts from Jiroft, the common theme of which is small stones inlaid in chlorite.

Konar Sandal

So at first glance on the webpage it looked like a somewhat typical and interesting piece from Jiroft, but closer examination suggests the extra-ordinary.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
That's pretty un ordinary.....never heard of Jiroft.Nice art,I would tattoo that.Thanks for a new study

edit on 2-5-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

very interesting piece...in the first pic.

the middle section reminds me of a an infinity symbol....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Are there any other pic's of these, as the symmetry looks way to perfect to be items?

Whats the language of that site, as i can't translate?
edit on 2-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Nice find!

The website is not in English so I have no idea what it says but the pictures are pretty cool.
I believe the whole middle east has so much of our human history under that sand. If only we could freely dig and search there with a massive team to dig 5000+ years into our past.
Anybody remember the 15 foot humanoid skeletons?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

No i'm not aware of these artifacts from anywhere else, and i'm very familiar with Jiroft artifacts. The site is a mystery in itself in that the language of the page can't be translated lol, i guess that's why they call it 'Forgotten Languages', looks a little like Welsh as do the names of the contributors.

Given the symmetry i'm increasingly doubtful they are artifacts but rather graphic creations.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Agreed. These images look like they've been digitally manipulated and then uprezzed.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Missed the part with "forgotten language"

Anyway, i tried to do a google search in pictures, and a lot of beautiful items show up from Jiroft, exept these two.

But you pointed me in a direction of something i don't know much about, so got some reading to do today.

Thanks

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The first one looks like Pazuzu on '___'

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi all, here is some background info on Jiroft - which may have been Aratta - I found interesting...

Jiroft was discovered by accident in 2000 - so it's pretty new to the archaeological world.

www.saudiaramcoworld.com...

Quote from the article (2004):

**According to texts dating from around 2100 BC, Aratta was a gaily decorated capital with a citadel whose battlements were fashioned of green lapis lazuli and its lofty towers of bright red brick. Aratta’s artistic production was so highly regarded that about 2500 BC the Sumerian king Enmerkar sent a message to the ruler of Aratta requesting that artisans and architects be dispatched to his capital, Uruk, to build a temple to honor Inanna, the goddess of fertility and war. Enmerkar addressed his letter to Inanna: “Oh sister mine, make Aratta, for Uruk’s sake, skillfully work gold and silver for me! (Make them cut for me) translucent lapis lazuli in blocks, (Make them prepare for me) electrum and translucent lapis!” prayed the Sumerian ruler.

“When one imagines that Uruk was the heart of the Sumerian civilization and that its king is asking another ruler about 2000 kilometers (1200 mi) distant to send his artisans, one realizes that the quality of their work must have been extraordinary,” says Madjidzadeh. “The craftsmen must have been known all over. Today there is no doubt in my mind that Jiroft was Aratta.” A handful of colleagues agrees, including the French epigrapher François Vallat, who compares Jiroft to the Elamite kingdom of southwestern Iran.

So far, however, there is no proof, and others are less sure.** (That Jiroft IS Aratta.)

Now considering these artisans so well trained and experienced - achieving symmetry should be a lesser task.
You can do it with an inkblot for example and than work after this pattern to produce very nice and accurate items - which by the way MAY be purely decorative.

There are some pics on that site too - not so symmetrical but much better resolution.
There are obviously similarities in stile and pattern that tie very well in with the surrounding cultures in time and place.

If you want to have another look on the 2nd item in the OP just google Jiroft bracelet.
You will find that the 2 pics of the OP on that particular site are the only ones existing in the whole wide world - even no other formats are available.
The bracelet (221 × 104 px, 7KB) + the so called "Jiroft Adorn 737" (221 × 268 px, 13KB) are presented on a very plain reddish-brown background with no structure at all (not like velvet for example).
These circumstances all seem to be very fishy - at least to me - to the OP not at all...
If I wanted to really try to prove them fakes, I could have done some mirroring in Photoshop myself, but I think given the above background it wouldn't be worth the effort.

So yes - I would go with Kant on that this symmetry IS "well beyond freaky".
But I would say this based on other thoughts.

A

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

My apologies. I didn't read that...

**Given the symmetry i'm increasingly doubtful they are artifacts but rather graphic creations.**

So we are d'accord?

A

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

Well the 'artifacts' were suspicious to me also and we came to the conclusion they were generated by graphics.

I am of the opinion that Jiroft is Aratta, due to the quality and quantity of their craft wares

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At first glance, like i said, there is no reason to doubt the 'artifact' could be of Jiroft culture;

And the page it is on at first glance seems well presented and factual with good references, however; they are a vampiric cult that has a curious regard for symmetry and mirror imaging and i guess couldn't resist fooling around...

The above are genuine new artifacts i came across during my searching.

So we are d'accord?

Yes...freaky eh?
edit on 2-5-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I get the feeling that a lot of folks here think that precision and symmetry can only be done with computers. The human mind is naturally drawn to symmetry. Creating things by hand has been around far longer than by machine and computer. Unfortunately craftsmanship is becoming a lost are.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

**So we are d'accord?

Yes...freaky eh?**

Oh... ...puhh... what a relief!
So I won't be picky.

But I still have a desire...

Would it be possible for you to work with citations concerning your pics and sources in general in your wonderful (this could be a pun - time will tell... ) threads?

See - in this case I would be interested in the serpents of your above newly found treasures.
Now I have to ask you where I can feast my eyes on them.
This (citations!) would make me (and some other interested connoisseurs I assume) VERY happy.

That's no personal critique because it seems to be a bad habit around here at ATS not to be careful about that.
But I like you - still (freaky eh?) - AND your threads, so I ask you to make my stay here with you more comfy in our future that lies so sparkling ahead...

We are d'accord on the Aratta/Jiroft question too I see. Nice.
This is - in my opinion - very possible.
I think that Mr. Madjidzadeh is a well versed authority on that.

Also I will read your thread about that ASAP. I don't think that I've seen it so far...

One last note on your answer - you said this...

**At first glance, like i said, there is no reason to doubt the 'artifact' could be of Jiroft culture**

...and you are right because they took (maybe... ) a chlorite-bird and carved it digitally in 4 or more pieces and glued and mirrored away after that electronic feast.

So there are all stylish elements there that the eye needs to be deceived at first sight.
And so you found your new "love" - too good to be true...

In real live this happens all the time.

A

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

I normally don't source every image because i get them from such a wide variety and sometimes otherwise quite useless sources, though if it's a good source i'll normally provide the link.

I'll always provide though if asked, and the serpents in question are from this facebook page of photos on new artifacts in the Jiroft museum, have a run through them;

Jiroft Museum photos.

In my defense, as far as the OP images go they were created by vampires who are pretty good at creating illusions...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Thanx for the link!

But since you mentioned that "vampire" thing again - no we shouldn't go there. It would be off-topic - or... ?

Just have some holy water handy if you ever should cross the path of those sneaky vampires again and sprinkle it all over your electronic equipment in abundance and in really serious amounts.

Much helps much in such cases of crafty vampire-ism.

I think your bewitched vision will vanish almost instantly.
And you are saved from temptation.

There - I did it again. S
rry!

A

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me or i dont know how many of you too see the same thing i see in the 1st image - something that women put on their hair..to bunch it together...i am not able to put a name to it.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It could be natural too, what material is it made from?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting I would speculate that it is an artifical language.

The artifacts appear to be 'doubled'

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
ImgOps -Exif

ImgOps is a meta-tool that lets you quickly apply many online image utilities to an image.

Come to your own conclusions.

Very interesting links, thanks OP.
edit on 3-5-2013 by exdog5 because: link fix attempted -oooopo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join