It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer, Anal and Mafia No Fear: The astonishing names which parents wanted to give to their newborn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Lucifer, Anal and Mafia No Fear: The astonishing names which parents wanted to give to their newborn babies

Officials in New Zealand have recently released a list of names, parents wanted to call their babies. A list of the names include:

Anal
Lucifer
Mafia No Fear
Queen Victoria
. (full stop)
2nd
3rd
5th
Justice (Juztice, Justus)
Princess
King

And many more. Thankfully, the authorities had the sense to stop the ridiculous naming of the children...

In 2008, a court in the country ordered that a girl called 'Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii' should have her name changed.

The judge in the case criticised parents who give their children odd names. He gave examples including 'Number 16 Bus Shelter' and twins called 'Benson' and 'Hedges'.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Wait... what's wrong with Lucifer or King? Princess is better for a dog, but it's not as bad as (lol) Anal.

EDIT:

Rules in New Zealand prevent any child being given a name which implies that they hold a official title or rank.

OK, but there's no King of New Zealand, so... no confusion, right?
edit on 2-5-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Wait... what's wrong with Lucifer or King? Princess is better for a dog, but it's not as bad as (lol) Anal.

My guess is the negative connotations regarding Lucifer prevented the name being used. But in regards to 'King' the link states:

Rules in New Zealand prevent any child being given a name which implies that they hold a official title or rank.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
OK, but there's no King of New Zealand, so... no confusion, right?
edit on 2-5-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

Not sure

I do know that they are a Commonwealth Country though.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

On this occasion, words fail me, almost....blame it on the dumbed down, feckless society we are living in.

The thinking ahead skills of these " Parents " appears somewhat limited, in my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Lucifer and Justice are beautiful names.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

They do honor QE2, so I suppose if a King of England were to inherit the throne, there WOULD be a King of New Zealand. Fair enough, I just don't agree with the restrictions on freedom.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Man, now I'll have to change my name from Princess to something else. Shucks! I loved dressing in pink and skipping. Just kidding. I don't live in New Zealand and I'm not Princess. haha. But I do agree on banning different names to give to babies. A lot of stupid names that are just why! Why name them that. What's the point?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

On this occasion, words fail me, almost....blame it on the dumbed down, feckless society we are living in.

The thinking ahead skills of these " Parents " appears somewhat limited, in my opinion.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It is one of most gloomy news of the planet.

But the shiny part is that some wanted to choose Justice.

be happy people , it is not completely dark.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

YUP! Kinda like:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
most of those names are lame, but all people should have the freedom to name there child what ever they want.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I recall meeting this girl once, I had trouble remembering her name is was Lana, dunno why I kept forgetting it, then she said it's anal backwards... Never forgot her name again.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I would love to have the name Lucifer (light bringer, or son of light) for a middle name! My middle name starts with L so I would not have to change my initials!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

How about Lucius?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Justus is considered a normal name in Germany. Google "justus franz", for example.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Anal? I couldn't believe it..so I looked at your link! Sure enough.. My goodness, there it is. Someone actually wanted to name their kid that?? Dare I even wonder which gender? Perhaps not..and does it matter?

As long as they never lived here:

I suppose it wouldn't be outright unseemly. Imagine the post address for that one. Yikes!!

Mafia No Fear? Well... I can think of at least one career path that darling won't have open to them in the future, eh?

Oh and I think '.' would just say it best as a name. The poor person would spend their entire lives explaining that YES.. they really COULD write. No, they weren't "making their mark" on the signature line. That WAS their signature.

Talk about a bunch of parents determined to have the last laugh in life before it even began for the kid.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'd feel sorry for poor little Anal when he has to go to school.

Lucifer
Justice (Juztice, Justus)
Princess
King

I don't really see a problem with these ones, they're a bit weird but acceptable in my opinion.
edit on 2-5-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well, I've always had my doubts regarding the "evolution of man".

Evolution ... as in evolving into something more adaptable, perhaps even smarter or more complex.

Anal? REALLY?!

Now I KNOW, rather than just suspect, that the theory is crap.

I suppose I should thank those parents for clearing this up for me.

I mean, COME ON.

Sigh.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

I don't see the connection between adapting to the environment and naming your child Anal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join