It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't there be some sort of censor bypass system in the WOT board?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
*caugh* *caugh* Echelon *caugh*. I think it would not be in my best interests to become a suspected ********* over something I posted in an internet forum.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I dont understand what you mean?? You can turn Censors on and off...but to guests it would always be [C] and stuff.

That what you mean?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
what are you saying???

???

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Are you saying that they've already created a way to hide the certain specific words from the spying system?
, I'm sorry if this is an ignorant question but I'm new here so I don't know about the precautions which the site takes in this manner.

JAK

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Are you referring to any comments you make being publicly available? If you're that worried about what you say becoming public knowledge, the RATS forum is used to keep subject matter out of the reach of searchengines.

Anything you may be particularly concerned about could be posted there.

Jack

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sure I may just be extremely paranoid, but I've just heard too many facts about it. On Live Journal this one person was investigated by the Secret Service, so I wouldn't want it to happen to me.
Certain words which are relating to war-times activities, could place you under the suspected ********* list, regardless of your background.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Only swear words and such are censored...members can pay to turn this off. But guests will always see the censored word show up as: [C]

Actually...its been so long since iv ever actually logged out...that the [C] isnt used anymore, the words are just taken out now.

[Edited on 4-11-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He's saying that the War on Terror forum is bound to have many key words that the Echelon system will track, and is worried about it.

The keywords simply point to POSSIBLE places to look further. There aren't enough humans or computing power to run down all of it, and even if they did, they'd easily see an ATS member isn't chatting to Osama or anything....so no worries really.

If you wish, you could always join RATS, as it would be Echelon free, in theory....

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Uh... sorry if I'm a N.O.O.B here, but what's RATS?
, I can't believe I don't know that.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Never mind, I just thought about it for a second, and figured it out on my own. I'll join it when I gain enough points.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Trust me, I don't think Echelon is kept out of a "secret" forum. Then all the terrorists would have to do is talk in a forum like RATS. The government isn't that dumb.

A good way to get points is tagging:

www.abovetopsecret.com...#

[edit on 3/28/2006 by supergeo]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
they'd easily see an ATS member isn't chatting to Osama or anything....

I resent that, me and Osama go way back. There was this time in Dubai, with these two strippers, a camal, Osama, me and a midget. Boy it was a laugh. :|

---

AS for the information? Let's be honest, if you're worried about the Government it's doubtful you'd say anything that'd cause them concern and watching you/searching your posts? So what...if you're worried, you probably shouldn't post it to be honest or if you desire to make a stand than do it and do not care what the Government does to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just to make sure everyone is aware … This thread is from November 2004.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Just to make sure everyone is aware … This thread is from November 2004.

So? We still have the fears of ECHELON bearing down our necks. God forbid we ever use the words "bomb" or "president" or "terrorist attack" or "assassinate" or ...

We all have reason to be paranoid. I'm sure more than half of the people here are on the "crazy" list. Hey, whose that guy in the suit coming to my door...?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You you don't want people to know what you are posting, then don't post. If you don't want it to show up on automatic programmes or like in google seaches, use RATS.

new topics

top topics

join