It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wife: Be content to be insignificant."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You know if women Knew The truth - they would be perfectly content with : "obeying your husband" instead of the real Job god called them to do.

The bible says the woman is the provider of the home and the man is the spiritual guider of the home. The woman would tend the flock, grow and sell goods at the market ect.. she built the family fortune - while the man guided the home spiritually. All the great married men of god had wives that would take care of the finances. Do you gals want that job?

What do women want today? They want a man to provide for the home. It was never the mans job to do so. We see this all the time by following the role women played in the bible. There are also times when men are told to work - they have to have something built up before they marry the woman so they can show the father he can take care of his daughter. But after marriage - the roles reverse. This is an odd biblical concept the western world finds hard to follow.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'll give a reference.. proverbs 31: 10 - 31

Proverbs 31:10-31 (King James Version)
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

I'll break this down because lots of people have trouble with the king James version
( this will go over well LOL )

A woman's worth is above rubies IF she can -

10-12, be true, faithful and good to her husband
13, she gets the raw materials and makes the families clothes from scratch
14, seeks out the best foods even from distance places or cost
15, feeds her husband and servants meat (which was a treat)
16, she buys a field with her own money and starts farming for her family
17, she works out to stay healthy
18, she buys only the best stuff for her family
19, again, she used her sewing machine
20, gives to the poor and helps the needy
21, she's not afraid of snow because her family has the best quality warm clothing
22, She wears only the best clothes for her family and man - which she also made
23, she talks well of her husband so much so that everyone knows and respects him
24, she even sells those fine clothes she makes for profit
25, she is strong willed with honor
26, she is very smart, wise and abides by and teaches the law to her family
27, she's diligent to do her work and not be lazy
28, her kids and hubby adore and praise her
29, she is the best of the best of the best of any woman in her families eyes.
30, she doesn't play games of favor or vanity but serves the lord
31, she can hold her own showing all that she can do this job and provide for her family as a woman should.

All of this she did with her own money that she made for this purpose.

Now again I ask you.. who can find a virtuous woman? LOL That is a tall order - and yet.. these men of god had such women. Is there even ONE on ATS ?

edit on 4-5-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Definition of Virtuous:

Virtue (Latin: , Greek: "arete") is moral excellence. A virtue is a trait or quality subjectively deemed to be morally excellent and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being. Personal virtues are characteristics valued as promoting individual and collective well being.

So, taking that definition in mind, I would say many women here appear to have good moral beings.

Then again, I am sure your sources have a different explanation as per the tenets at that time.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Of course you know i was trying to be funny rather than insult any women. The funny thing about the Bible, in this case the Old Testament is that it was written in a dying dialect of Hebrew, Chaldean , then translated into Greek in the 2nd century, then that was translated into Latin in the 4th century and years later finally translated into English for King James in the 1600's. Each time it was translated over the years they made modern translations for the time so people could understand it. Language and meanings of words changed much over those 1600 years. This is like going from Buggy to Carriage to Car to Automobile but worse because your doing it for 3 different languages over a very long period of time.

I strongly believe because of this the Bible can not ever be a literal translation or to be taken literally. We even know scribes who translated it made changes over the years to suit the political influence of the time. There really is no way to know if that word virtuous was really used or how close it was to the original writers thoughts in Chaldean. It's amazing people can make sense of the Bible at all.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Both these songs pertain to Mother and the energy of equality, Love, showing the way back home, and going for the Long Shot, having faith, co-creating the miracle. It also pertains to many gnostic things, the Cathars and Essenes, and there are other codings. But anything that is not Good and Pure is a distortion and just ignored, for I see the beauty and light code.

eRa - Mother (official HD)720p

Here, Joan, and alluding to Michael, Saint Catherine and Saint Margaret:
www.maidofheaven.com...

"Saint Michael, when he came to me, told me that Saint Catherine and Saint Margaret would come to me and that I should act by their advice, that they were bidden to lead me in what I had to do and that I should believe in what they would say to me and that it was by God's order." Saint Joan of Arc speaking at her trial

But, really, its about the Long Shot, not giving up, for the long shot is just as easy as what is most likely, for there are no accidents, its all Divine Mercy, when your heart and mind is Good and Equal, and caring. Connect to the Whole, and your HS.

Mother, Equality. They never did like that much did they? And their hidden distorted info and practices really don't impress me much, for without the intent to give and equalize others, it doesnt do any good. They really think they're right, seeing the way the universe works, and thus law of affinity, they feel they can do as they please, it doesnt matter, their codes and knowledge are superior and sophisticated, and ours just bubble gum for the masses.

What they fail to understand, What is the Universe? Where did this AI system come from? They don't remember Beyond and Home and that changes everything.

The bubblegum masses are closer to God and Home than they are, for they believe in Love.

And often have faith for the long shot.

ERA - The Mass

The long shot, Joan passing the kingdom to the child king. She does quite a throw in this video, the sword seems to travel a mile
edit on 4-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
From the last song:

Divine O, Divino Mer, Divino Mercy, Devino Mercia (sometimes o), Devine O Mercy a, Devine O, Devino Mer (MARY!!!!). Always Mother alluded. Always. The way back home.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Insignificant, why not I don't have delusions of grandur. Don't want to rule the world, don't even want to run for any office. I don't want to tell you what is best for you and your family. Nor do I want to control any thing about you. I like going to work doing my job and spending time with who I love. Their is many millions of Americans just like that.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Apparently the OP isn't trying to hide he or she has for the Jewish and Christian God and knows nothing of the Bible. Let me set it straight for you.

Read Genesis, it was only Adam whom God confronted about eating from the tree, not Eve. Eve was asked why she gave him the fruit of the tree, not why she ate it. But the total sum of the original sin rested solely upon the man not the woman.

When confronted, Adam blamed the woman for his sin. Adam got a curse for that and a sentence of death. The woman, when confronted, confessed to God for her wrong. Eve got a promise from God of a coming savior through "her seed" not Adam's. This is why Mary, a virgin gave birth to Jesus. We know today that there is a part of human dna that is only found in women. "Who knew?"

The Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ was born of a woman. Some of his closest friends were women. And in Christ men and women are equal.

Now, I have a question for the OP so listen up. Why no mention of the religion of peace in your rant? They cover their women in sheets and punish them if men rape them. They use them like cattle and treat them like insignificant sub humans. Yet, you have nothing to say about that, and that shows me that you simply hate the Jewish and Christian God. Nuff said.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove

Now, I have a question for the OP so listen up. Why no mention of the religion of peace in your rant? They cover their women in sheets and punish them if men rape them. They use them like cattle and treat them like insignificant sub humans. Yet, you have nothing to say about that, and that shows me that you simply hate the Jewish and Christian God. Nuff said.

Newsflash! the Christian and Jewish Gods are very different entities.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Religions are all about control ,they want to control ,thus they show a nice face.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: lupodigubbio

originally posted by: Fromabove

Newsflash! the Christian and Jewish Gods are very different entities.

And neither is the true Highest Love and Goodness "God", though true Love and Goodness does not like titles that lord it over someone, only the dark side do.
edit on 5-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: lupodigubbio

That can be rather startling ... can't it?
I'd love to see you do a thread like this for each of the major religions.
Then we can compare them.
Good thread. Interesting reading.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's interesting that so many of these men in the past thought women were useless, but they wouldn't be here if it weren't for the womb of a woman. I'm thinking mommy issues...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lupodigubbio
Sounds like the women should have picked up their daughters and left for greener pastures four or five millennia ago leaving the men to fend for themselves. Keep the sons away from the poisonous misogynistic society for four or five decades and wait for the evil men to die out taking their poisonous thoughts with them.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: resoe26
What are some great contributions to civilization from women vs men.....
I believe men take that cake.

besides... didn't a man invent the bra?
didn't a man invent the tampon?

Let's stop and think for a moment... did women have access to same opportunities to education and a voice as men in the past? If any, few did.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: resoe26
reply to post by smyleegrl

True that.
I love my mom. and mis abuelitas.
maybe my slight anger towards women stems from the numerous times I have been lied to, cheated on, or discovered the manipulation that exes of mine bestowed upon me.

but hey, I know not all women are like that.

but the majority Ive came across (not literally) have been straight putas.

Sorry to hear about your experiences. Let me forward my sister's experience with men to you in return:

Through the numerous relationships she's had in the past, she's been verbally and/or physically abused by multiple men AND cheated on. She's been raped twice, once in middle school by a boy attending the same school, and another by a customer at her work place that she thought was a nice and decent man, which in turn was not the case. (I did not learn of these things until years later when she finally had the courage to speak up about it.) Bless her, she's finally in a relationship with a guy who loves her and doesn't abuse/cheat on her and they've been together for a few years now.

Do not think that abuse goes one way. It goes both ways. Not all women are saintly and neither are men. Several of your posts have been demeaning towards women. I think it's time you put your own grudges aside and stop casting them on half of the human species. Despite you saying you 'know not all women are like that', your posts dictate a bias towards them to begin with.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
We are taught to discern such specifically question ourselves: does the information follow the teachings of the bible? The Lord Jesus Christ warned His followers, "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves"(Matt. 7:15)

We sadly live in days of great deception.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
about proverbs 31: 10 - 31

this supposedly was told to David by his mother- a women..

it might not be actually portraying the role most women were playing in that time but may instead have been an attempt by his mother to show david a better way?

And I kind of remember a verse going along with it that basically said that by doing this the wife could help the husband find some time to sit at the gates with the elders and be taught.

I kind of remember either Susan B Anthony or maybe Elizabeth Stanton saying something quite similar in one of their speeches but instead of sitting at the gates learning from the elders they were sitting on the main street getting drunk on the money their wives earned and gossiping while their wives worked supporting the family! But that is beside the point maybe???

In jewish tradition education is a very important aspect of social class by what I have read. Wives would take on the extra burden to allow their husbands the opportunity increase their education since it increased their status in the society.

Back in David's time though I kind of find it doubtful that most women were allowed such freedom! I think that David's mom was just trying to teach him that if the women were given the freedom to do more then life for the men would benefit!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join