It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wife: Be content to be insignificant."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My parents are Jehovah's Witnesses and they talk about one of their leaders saying that 'women are a sack of bones and hank of hair,' in the 1930's at the De Montfort Hall. This was followed with words to the effect of why would you saddle yourself with a woman when you could 'pioneer' for God's kingdom. Quite shameful and yet so many women love the 'religion'.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Part of the beast and you do realize their are horns in this beast.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
reply to post by undo

Your asking if God knows everything but I'm telling you it's Christ that came down to see for himself if all this is true.

and? isn't jesus god? no tap dancing necessary just read it and consider, the god that loves you like a son, would not do anything to you that you would not want done to you, or he would violate his own rules regarding free will. if all he wanted was mindless slaves, he would've made robots.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Young pup.. Why do you Only take all these things out of context - and especially NOT mention the hundreds of King James verses that Praise women?

Got Agenda much? Sounds like you are trying to ruin a good thing with bad propaganda. You should be ashamed of yourself. All of you who fall for this crap should be ashamed as well. Go read the book. Women are highly praised and cherished in many verses.

(Yawn) Why should we be ashamed?. I'm actually proud of exposing this BBS. (Biblical Bull#)
I would rather have my eyeballs melt inside their cavities before wasting my time on such filth again.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

the churches, and doctrines are still very much patriarchal.

is it not still taught from the pulpit that women are to be obedient to their husbands.
you want current quotes??
don't know which one said it but some baptist preacher proclaimed on tv that if a husband didn't want a women working, then she shouldn't be working!!!
really?? what if the husband doesn't want her working this month, but then a few months down the line after the bills start piling up, he does, then after time, he misses all those perks that having his own household servant and decides so shouldn't be working again, and around and around we go!!!
what if the husband decides she should be muslim, or budhist, or whatever??

there is no way that you can take that supposedly command of god and make it jive with the idea that christ came to save all, since, salvation is only extended to the wife if the husband chooses!!!
read in the bible just how it was commanded to the women of isreal in the bible. a king was entertaining his guest. in another area of the palace, his wife was entertaining more than likely the wifes of the kings guest. The king wanted to show off his wife, ordered her to come and dance for them (wondering here if God would have approved of the dance he wanted)...and she refuse, so in a fit of rage he banished her from the kingdom and commanded all the women of the kingdom to obey they husbands!!

the bible says to obey the husband IN ALL THINGS!! I had to laugh one time a long time ago, there was a discussion about that command and well, there were many women supporting it. one day, one of those women posted something like....
"I got to go, my husband will be home soon, and he don't like me posting on this forum!!"

well, if she knew he didn't want her to do it, and she believes that she is commanded to obey him by god....what in hades name is she doing posting on the forum about us other women needed to obey god, by obeying our husbands???

sarah lied to pharoah, because Abraham told her to... and yes, a half truth to that extent is a lie!! wasn't she kind of put in a no win situation here though, if you are to believe the scriptures?? she is kind of damned if she does, damned if she doesn't!

and technically, if a women makes an oath, and it is later found out that her husband doesn't approve, well, the oath is null and void.. could you accepting christ salvation be considered an oath to him?? and well, if it is later found that the husband does not approve, is that oath null and void???

seriously, this is why I no longer go to church. I read that bible from cover to cover, I know what it says, and I came to the conclusion that salvation isn't offered to me, not at least without hubby's approval!

there's a flaw in the doctrines me thinks!!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

He is the way, the truth and the light and the son of God and he is because he is part of him as we all are and you see he has done away with all other doors and has shown you what path to take and how to do it and it's all about materialism.

You are a good person and I like having a chat with the likes of you because you are wise and I think we have gotten a bit off topic and I'm sorry my friend.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

wonder who made the decision to not inform the reader

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the bible is an egyptian book.
they wanted a messiah. jesus, as the last pharaoh of egypt, son of cleo and julius caesar, root of david, was the heir of the following:

the roman empire
the egyptian empire
the nation of israel.

in effect, he stood to inherit the thrones of every power center in the world. the number one reason he was on everybody's hit list. the romans had killed his earthly father (julius caesar) and they did not want the heir to survive either.. it's my theory that cleo is mary. she sent jesus away on the silk route, that eventually took him to israel, where he was holed up with hebrew family members. then, she faked her own death and traveled there herself. when the text says virgin birth it means something akin to artificial insemination. jesus was artificially inseminated into cleo's womb, thus it was a virgin birth.

to understand why the jewish priests decided to skip their opportunity to rule the planet via their messiah, consider that there were competing factions inside egypt, that are very ancient. and that jesus was not from their preferred faction. if i understand it correctly, it sounds as if they were of the temple of set. if you know any ancient egyptian information, that would explain a great deal. jesus on the other hand, was not from the temple of set, as is evident in his responses.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This was intended to be my answer to the original OP and I added a bit more.

A woman has the greatest Job in the world and why would they stray from it, being a mother is duty that you should cherish and stand tall for it. No father has the same connection as a mother & child does and it's this that makes woman and child seem like one, the father try as he may will never come close. This is why children are lost and seem to be more violent and callous. The balance is all but lost and mothers give birth but leave to pursue materialism instead of providing the security a child needs from his/her mother.

Woman are capable of doing great things and you could look to the animal kingdom and see the lioness hunt and care for her young while the males sit and wait. Woman can do what a man can do but it's there original duties they strayed from in search of material wealth.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I HAVE A ONE-WORD ANSWER TO THIS THREAD: CHIVALRY!!!!!

Go suck on the order of Knights before you decide that Christianity and historical European societies were misogynistic.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenite
I HAVE A ONE-WORD ANSWER TO THIS THREAD: CHIVALRY!!!!!

Go suck on the order of Knights before you decide that Christianity and historical European societies were misogynistic.

the only problem with matriarchies is they tend to only allow female liberation for the royal females. if you ain't royal, chances are there will be laws in place to keep you at the bottom of the power structure and that is based on my theory that the gods control human populations on this planet, by encouraging societies to view their women as malfunctional pains in the arse. it doesn't help when a society comes along and responds in the exact opposite direction -- et. al treating men poorly simply because of their gender. clearly, this approach just serves to make alot of men really mad, and you end up with the pendulum swinging erratically to the opposite extreme. things rarely come to rest peaceably in the middle.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Men are afraid of women. They know women are more powerful than them.

I always had a problem with this point of view. If women were more powerful then men, then why did they (allegedly) allow themselves to be exploited by guys throughout the ages???

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There was/is a strand of thought (especially in the Catholic Church) that takes an extremely dim view of women, but I don't think it is accurate to represent all of Christianity that way. (I'm assuming it is just Christianity you are addressing here, and not all religions?) The whole "In Christ there is no male or female" bit runs somewhat contrary to the strain of thought that sees women as some sort of lower creature. (see Gal. 3:28)

I have actually heard it taught (by Christians) that women is the pinnacle of creation, as she was created last.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Wow I didn't know i treated my wife like crap since I am religious...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Wow I didn't know i treated my wife like crap since I am religious...

I didn't know either
Why do you feel the spotlight is on you though? Do you agree with the men quoted above? Why the identification and the personalization?

If you want to be sure that you treat her like crap or not ask her, as I never mentioned it in the OP.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Round and around the wheel goes, round and around, like a dog chasing its tail...gets Nowhere,

So, How about some "Sci if" theory, do with it what you may.

Long long time ago, there was a planet in a galaxy with lots of minerals and jewels that were a source of power. This place was called Earth. Earth was guarded by a species of many women, and men. On another galaxy, far away a war broke out, a coup of sorts, for dominion. In this war certain jewels were needed. So several of the cruel ones departed scoping the universal worlds looking...and then they came upon earth. They saw a female, whom they tried to ensanpre into an agreement to hand over dominion, but the animals warned her, that word was out that these species were evil, of the black hole forces. So once the species realized the woman wasn't going to just give in to their wooing, they created a clone, half of them and half of the earth man. Then they waited, as they broke out war against the small cave man like species...to ensnare a woman. They slaughtered all the earth species except one woman, a girl. They sold her as a slave to their hybrid man. She knew something was not right about their creation story, so she snuck up to their space craft one night, grabbed the black box device these things wore around their waste and a door portal opened. The species knew immediately, that she knew...in her haste to warn the hybrid man she didn't think to hipped the evidence of her trespass. Anyway so she shows the hybrid some of the things she saw about their captors...the captors found them, did surgery on their brains and told HY rid boy that he'd be a god, but to never listen to this inferior earth species again...the beginning of their slavery dominion, so they could harvest the minerals and elements from the planet as well as all the life enemies of. Being that she was a guardian if the earth, it would be necessary to replace her and her DNA with that of the hybrid, then eventually rid of him as well as they want share power with such inferior beings. The goal, complete genocide, and sapping the earth of all energy, to fuel their needs at the home base therefore winning the war in the universe for complete dominion. Because SHE carries a special DNA connected to the Earth, it is vital she be demonized and her powers destroyed, as only She can unleash the key, to their destruction. This truth can never be found out however...and since the hybrid Adam has their lust for violent dominion, all they have to do is feed the hybrid and slowly erase her KNOWLEGE of power as well as reduce the power of the life force that could destroy them. Not hard to do, as the one thing the hybrid has they so easily manipulate...is

PRIDE.

He is their perfect slave...they hand her over to rule over and abuse, even though he too is half earth, he wars in himself, to be a god. And in the process, destroys both her...and earth, and then half of himself. Meanwhile, the species wins...the earth dies, and they take off, with all the gold, jewels and elements needed for their world...until next time.

The end.

LoL

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by therationalist

The problem is, people like you view the past through the lenses of present and draw wrong conclusions and reveal that you have sub twenty iq.

You were going great until this. Why? You sounded so intelligent and informed and eager to share your knowledge, and then you just had to come out sounding like spoiled 8 year old with poor communication skills. If you had just stuck to sharing what you know you could've been great here. Now, I won't even read your posts. Pity.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is just another example of the failure of religion in general, and it's historical record of executing it's power and influence over weak minded individuals. The egotistical rants against Females within their books of drivel reveal nothing more to me than the hypocrisy of insecure and easily dominated Men of that time.

Truth be known, The strong Man does not fear the Women, he loves and embraces her like he did his own Mother before them. What kind of serpents or bottomfeeding slugs call Women such things within their scriptures? Can you imagine how many souls these paranoid jackals pounced on, molested and then mutilated all in the name of their man made doctrine of lies?

The fact is we Men are wretched creatures, Not all but most. It's just the same for Women, though from what I have learned concerning females, it's the less in regards to them. There is only one God, and That is The Universe. ~$heopleNation

edit on 3-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
BLAME, BLAME,BLAME------- Adam blamed Eve for tempting him with the forbidden fruit---- Eve blamed the serpent for enticing her to sample it--- And the Serpent Blamed God for putting the Damn Tree down there to begin with!!!! So , Its Gods fault after all! Aint it?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Men had power in the Church. Even Shakespeare wrote of women being chattel in "The Taming of The Shrew". It was more of a societal thing that got mixed up in the religious affairs. I guess kind of like women wearing burquas.

Since radical feminism, women have more power and act like men.

I think the OP neither understands religion nor cultural influences. Does OP know that in India, women used to burn themselves alive at their husband's funerals?

Widows in some states of India still immolate themselves on the funeral pyre of their husbands in accordance with sati, an ancient Indian practice of burning oneself alive, Interfax reports.

english.pravda.ru...

Still, India is the one religion which worships woman as the Divine Feminine

Hinduism is the only major religion in the world which emphasises the worship of God in the form of the female divinity, popularly known as ‘Adi Shakti – the Mother Goddess’, representing the very essence of life and love. The Mother Goddess is worshipped in various forms – as the Universal Mother, Uma/Parvati/Gauri as the consort of Shiva; Lakshmi as the consort of Vishnu and also as the goddess of wealth and prosperity; Saraswati as the consort of Brahma and also as the goddess of learning; Durga as the destroyer of all evil forces, etc

vivabooksindia.wordpress.com...
edit on 4-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join