It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wife: Be content to be insignificant."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I consider myself an agnostic after earning a degree in theology. I know, go figure.
reply to post by smyleegrl

female theologian is an oxymoron.

Jesus's actions towards women were extremely different than the patriarchal religious quotes as seen in the OP.
the quoted men didn't beat other females or raped them, they just told their experience with women.
as far as jesus goes, he really worked hard to avoid living in the influence of women.

Jesus practiced what he preached. If only his followers did so.
nice strawman. christians don't claim to be christ themselves, which proves my assertion that female theologian is an oxymoron. women aren't capable of understanding religion or spirituality, buddha was right.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
therationalist

are you trolilng for emotions to back up your theory?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Isn't religion wonderful.

So you're telling me that all men are members of a religion because this attitude comes from all men.

Go ahead, tell me it doesn't. Lie to me.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Isn't religion wonderful.

So you're telling me that all men are members of a religion because this attitude comes from all men.

Go ahead, tell me it doesn't. Lie to me.

I don't think it is fair to dismiss that it appears that religion, even when far removed, is capable of harbouring a twisted mindset among many people as it hides behind the moth eaten ragged men who seem to be true to the nature of not stabbing you with a machete if you joke to one walking past you sitting at a bus stop. Oo

some are no doubt cults with some revered figure leading them to salvation.. like most ministers you see on tv. yikes.

And I do recognise there are good normal christians everywhere, who just go to church once a week, pray whenever, do what they do.. no one knows, or cares. the ma and pa xtians.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Young pup.. Why do you Only take all these things out of context - and especially NOT mention the hundreds of King James verses that Praise women?

Got Agenda much? Sounds like you are trying to ruin a good thing with bad propaganda. You should be ashamed of yourself. All of you who fall for this crap should be ashamed as well. Go read the book. Women are highly praised and cherished in many verses.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

How about you list these scriptures from the Bible that extol the praises of women?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by resoe26

You have every right to disagree...
You have every right to be wrong.

and you madame have every right to be ignorant.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by therationalist
reply to post by lupodigubbio

why only christians, every man who has ever gone on to achieve spiritual success in life, had the same views of women,
be it buddha, sankaracharya, rishi manu and others.
those men weren't fools, but someone who could see the true nature of women.

I see you conveniently left out Egyptian religion and culture. Come, click on the link and learn the truth.

www.library.cornell.edu...

"Osorkon III (779-749BC) established his daughter, Shepenwepet I, as a celibate God’s Wife who would live in Thebes and give all her attention to the Karnak temples and cults. She received all the estates and property formally possessed by the High Priest and in religious matters was very like a female Pope, ruling by the Word of Atum."

www.per-ankh.co.uk...

So, it would seem, in some cases the phrase should be:

"Wife: She who is pure and humble while being significant."
edit on 3-5-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

-women are easily manipulated (ie satan manipulating eve into eating the fruit) Which is why normally and story of an 'exorcism' is usually with the demonic possession of a woman. ---you can nearly tell any woman they are beautiful and they will be in all loving support of you for your 'admiration of thier beauty'. Have you ever met a woman that doesnt look in a mirror when she walks by one? No. All of them do because that is usually more important than anything. LOOKS

Pfft! LOL

Like men aren't easily manipulated by stroking their egos..........
Like, men are NEVER emotionally manipulated by shiny toys, don't compare sizes, or get testosterone highs and beat their chests after their "team" scored a point!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by resoe26

-women are easily manipulated (ie satan manipulating eve into eating the fruit) Which is why normally and story of an 'exorcism' is usually with the demonic possession of a woman. ---you can nearly tell any woman they are beautiful and they will be in all loving support of you for your 'admiration of thier beauty'. Have you ever met a woman that doesnt look in a mirror when she walks by one? No. All of them do because that is usually more important than anything. LOOKS

Pfft! LOL

Like men aren't easily manipulated by stroking their egos..........
Like, men are NEVER emotionally manipulated by shiny toys, don't compare sizes, or get testosterone highs and beat their chests after their "team" scored a point!

erruhhhh... maybe some guys??
who the hell beats thier chest over a damn "team"? only the dbags.

-solid truth....
No woman can walk by a mirror without looking in it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
WarriorOfLight96

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
reply to post by undo

That is Jesus and The holy spirit Elohim is talking to and it's not other Gods and don't be fooled my friend.

it's a process of elimination. ever do a logic puzzle?
note that the verse says that elohim (gods) created adam (not man but adam and adam is a plural word too), in his image, male and female.
so this means either: 1 ) god(s) was a hermaphrodite and adam was just one male (how's that even possible when it says adam was created male and female in the image of god(s)?) or 2) there was a female god and a male god and they created male and female adam in their images. i think number 2 is correct by process of elimination. read genesis 1:27 and consider the word for man there was not man originally. it was adam. by using the word man there, the translators give the impression that only the male adam was created in the image of elohim, which is not correct, as the verse goes on to say the female adam was also created in elohim image. if you look at the original, it doesn't appear to include things like "his" and if you read verse 1:26, you will notice that it says things like THEM (referring to the adam) and OUR (referring to their likenesses). so my theory is the translators assumed "HIS" and then turned around and contradicted it by revealing that the adam was male and female.

the difference between that adam and the adam in the eve part of the story, is that the eve is foreshadowing of the first procreative adam female. that's why she's called "wife" at the beginning of the story, and then named eve, which means "mother". later in the story. the inference should be that she was a modified female adam. the translation of "man" instead of "adam" insinuates that she was created in the image of adam instead of the image of elohim. how's that possible if just a few verses before, female adam were created in the image of elohim? the answer is obvious. there were female adam who were not procreative or wives, before that, and that eve represented a modified female adam, and was named eve in the story before adam had even named her, because it was foreshadowing

edit on 2-5-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

These are just few passages in the OT that clearly describes the three of them creating, sometime the simple answer and by creating a complicated answer doesn't mean it's correct. Jesus was ion the old testament to do away with the old way by explaining the way in the new testament, reincarnation was did away with when they nailed him to the cross.

Genesis 1:26 (4000 B.C.): "And God said, Let us make man in our image..

Isaiah 6:8

New International Version (NIV)

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 41:21-24

21 “Present your case,” says the Lord.
“Set forth your arguments,” says Jacob’s King.
22 “Tell us, you idols,
what is going to happen.
Tell us what the former things were,
so that we may consider them
and know their final outcome.
Or declare to us the things to come,
23 tell us what the future holds,
so we may know that you are gods.
Do something, whether good or bad,
so that we will be dismayed and filled with fear.
24 But you are less than nothing
and your works are utterly worthless;
whoever chooses you is detestable.

Exodus 33:14

14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

The word Elohim is many a times for “God”; Adonai is used hundreds of times for “Lord”; both of these words are plural nouns in Hebrew.

In Genisis 1:1-3 it mentions God creating all things with his words and his spirit and we both know who the word is.

Isaiah 42:1

English Standard Version (ESV)
The Lord's Chosen Servant

42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen, in whom my soul delights;
I have put my Spirit upon him;
he will bring forth justice to the nations.

These are but a few and you can planly see the Christ and the holy spirit already existed.

The second part of my question in the original reply was to the thread and I'm sorry and I should have been more clear.

edit on 3-5-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The beast of the sea who rose up among the people and deceived the people with a false knowledge of the earth and scattered the truth among the religions. The ruler of the fallen angels from the book of Enoch and is the beast with seven heads and the five that once had the power but lost it are.
(1) EGYPT
(2) ASSYRIA
(3) BABYLON
(4) MEDO-PERSIA
(5) GREECE
The sixth about to fall Rome and one will that rise for a short time (7) New World Order

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I posted a similar thread last month here

It didn't get much support and seemed to degenerate into an us against them debate which was not the intention.

Whether or not these attitudes statements and quotes were from 500 yrs ago or 5000 yrs ago, the point is that they are still used today as the basis for certain individuals attitude towards women "If its in the bible/quoran/talmud it must be true" sort of thing

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

Angels coming through and their bodies glow and are very bright and the have an aura around them that's part of the body and sometimes they are mistaken for wings. These are the orbs you see flying around at night and they glide over the sky watching and born of sin had an encounter but gave in to easy and has been seduced by knowledge given to him by the fallen ones.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

The beast of the sea who rose up among the people and deceived the people with a false knowledge of the earth and scattered the truth among the religions. The ruler of the fallen angels from the book of Enoch and is the beast with seven heads and the five that once had the power but lost it are.
(1) EGYPT
(2) ASSYRIA
(3) BABYLON
(4) MEDO-PERSIA
(5) GREECE
The sixth about to fall Rome and one will that rise for a short time (7) New World Order

nope egypt is not in that. in order, it's babylon, media persia, greece, roman and holy roman. we are still in the holy roman empire. the vatican still rules the world, secretly.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
3 guys show up at abraham's tent. they're on their way to sodom and gomorrah, to determine if the stories about the depraved condition of the people there, are true. god would not need to come down to the planet, and physical travel to sodom and gomorrah to determine if the stories were true. he would automatically know if they were true or not. so something is missing here. it's a complete, in your face, contradiction. this does not mean the bible isnt' relevant, it by all means, is relevant. very relevant. what it does mean though is, there are parts that don't sound like something god would say or do, because 1) he wouldn't need to and 2) he says elsewhere that is not his way. so how can it be his way and not his way, at the same time? easy, the pharaohs were god men. some of those gods were not very nice to humans. this is evident in various places, such as jehovah getting angry at the gods for the way they were treating their human subjects. yeah, it's in there.

stop listening to preachers and go read it for yourself. if you let someone else do all your thinking for you, you won't have done your due diligence in being a well informed human being of any religious or non-religious variety. study to prove yourself worthy.
edit on 3-5-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

That is Christ coming down to meet with him and three Angels along with him, to present a gift of life to his wife as the son of man is the heart of God.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

read the whole story. they are on their way to sodom and gomorrah via abe's tent.
you're just telling me what someone else told you. you're not reading the actual text.
read it first.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

it's in there just not in order that's all and the fallen ones have been around since the Sumerian days.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

it's in there just not in order that's all and the fallen ones have been around since the Sumerian days.

read daniel, it's not in there. it starts with the golden head, which is babylon. even says as much in the text. then medo-persia, then greece, then iron rome and iron+clay holy rome.

no room for egypt in the list, and that's because several of the patriarchs were pharaohs. they don't tell you this stuff in sunday school.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your asking if God knows everything but I'm telling you it's Christ that came down to see for himself if all this is true.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join