It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamstock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Dreamstock

Welcome to Dreamstock. Not just a place but a state of mind. A collection of dreams, lucid dreams, visions, drug trips, and all types of altered consciousness states. This thread is for shared experiences, knowledge, and theories about anything related to dreams and the sub-conscious. If you have a lucid dream, drug trip, or dream of any kind that you'd like to share then feel free to post it...

Deep in our sub-conscious minds resides a virtual playground of anything and everything. We dream of people, places, past events, future events, and completely bizarre things as well which can often leave us absolutely dumbfounded after we wake up. Many times I have woken up after a very perplexing dream asking myself, "Now how in the hell did I come up with that?"

Do we (without knowing it, and unless it's a lucid dream) create what we're dreaming as we're dreaming it? Or, is each dream more like a movie that's already scripted from start to finish that's just being played out within our sub-conscious?

A few years ago I had a dream that started off with me standing right outside of a movie theater. I was in the middle of a huge crowd of people that were waiting for President Barack Obama to give a speech. With people all around me and having this claustrophobic feeling come over me, I barged my way through the crowd until I was completely free from the sea of people. I then ran down a corridor that was on the side of the movie theater, and then instantly, before I know it, I'm flying above my old house I used to live in when I was a kid. I was flying about 100 feet in the air and had complete control of my flying maneuvers. I remember flying towards a tree at a high speed and right before I was going to hit it, I swooped around it, coming an inch away from it. I could turn on a dime and choose the exact speed and path of my flying. I flew around for a total of what seemed to be about one minute, and then slowly made my decent back down to the ground, right in the middle of my old backyard, and as soon as my feet touched the ground, I woke up.

It was the first flying dream I've ever had and it was absolutely exhilarating. Afterwards, I wondered if it was an astral projection. The flying took place in the morning, with the sun just starting to rise. When I woke up the sun was also starting to rise. It wasn't a lucid dream however because I did not know I was dreaming at all. It just felt very natural and fluid. The only other flying type dream I had after that only lasted for about 10 seconds, and I was hovering in one place instead of flying.

www.dreammoods.com... - Dream Dictionary

Flying dreams fall under a category of dreams known as lucid dreams. Lucid dreams occur when you become aware that you are dreaming. Many dreamers describe the ability to fly in their dreams as an exhilarating, joyful, and liberating experience. If you are flying with ease and are enjoying the scene and landscape below, then it suggests that you are on top of a situation. You have risen above something. It may also mean that you have gained a new and different perspective on things. Flying dreams and the ability to control your flight is representative of your own personal sense of power. Having difficulties staying in flight indicates a lack of power in controlling your own circumstances. You may be struggling to stay aloft or stay on set course. Things like power lines, trees, or mountains may be obstacles that you encounter in flight. These obstacles symbolize something or someone who is standing in your way in your waking life. You need to identify what or who is trying to prevent you from moving forward. Difficulty flying may also be an indication of a lack of confidence or some hesitation on your part. You need to believe in yourself and not be afraid. If you are feeling fear when you are flying or that you are flying too high, then it suggests that you are afraid of challenges and of success. Perhaps you are not ready to take the next step. In reality, we cannot really fly, of course. Thus, such dreams can be representative of things that are beyond your physical limitations. In your mind, you can be anybody and do anything. Another way of interpreting flying dreams is that these dreams symbolize your strong mind and will. You feel undefeatable and that nobody can tell you what you cannot do and accomplish. Such dreams are sure to leave you with a great sense of freedom.

I have also had a couple of very distinct dreams in the past in which I am trying to punch someone. I'm not sure why I need to do the punching in the first place, but with all my force I try to land a very powerful blow, and am unable to land a solid hit. My arm would move very slowly as if it's underwater. In each dream the person is standing right in front of me and standing still, yet each time I try to land a punch I either barely hit the person ever so gently or miss entirely. Has anyone had that same type of dream before?...

Ayahuasca and dmt

People who have consumed ayahuasca report having massive spiritual revelations regarding their purpose on earth, the true nature of the universe as well as deep insight into how to be the best person they possibly can. This is viewed by many as a spiritual awakening and what's often described as a rebirth. In addition it is often reported that individuals can gain access to higher spiritual dimensions and make contact with various spiritual or extra dimensional beings who can act as guides or healers. It's nearly always said that people experience profound positive changes in their life subsequent to consuming ayahuasca and it is often viewed as one of the most effective tools of enlightenment. However, during an ayahuasca experience, people sometimes report nausea, diarrhea, and cold flashes. Additionally, vomiting often follows ayahuasca ingestion; this purging is considered by many shamans and experienced users of ayahuasca to be an essential part of the experience as it represents the release of negative energy and emotions built up over the course of one's life.

An experience someone had after using the drug 'dmt'...
One of about 300 different dmt trips at: dmt.tribe.net...

I was in a large space and saw what seemed to be thousands of the entities. They were rapidly passing something to and fro among themselves, and were looking intently at me, as if to say "See what we are doing!" ... I noticed what seemed to be an opening into a larger space, like looking through a cave opening to a starry sky. As I approached this I saw that resting in the opening was a large creature, with many arms, somewhat like an octopus, and all over the arms were eyes, mostly closed, as if the creature were asleep or slumbering. As I approached it the eyes opened, and it/they became aware of me. It did not seem especially well-disposed toward me, as if it did not wish to be bothered by a mere human, and I had the impression I wasn't going to get past it, so I did not try.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Interesting concept for a thread.Wherever did you get those pics? They're stunning.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Do we (without knowing it, and unless it's a lucid dream) create what we're dreaming as we're dreaming it?

Great thread.

Gonna expose my arse for this, but I think our dreams are tangible effects via Parallel/ Multiverse reactions...

There...I said it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Prepare to have a mod pillage your thread, unfortunately.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I just googled "dreams digital art" and went to images. Tons of great artwork...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Prepare to have a mod pillage your thread, unfortunately.

And why is that?...

Oh, the pictures?
edit on 2-5-2013 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Didn't think we were allowed to mention aya/dmt. Nannyforum.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Ooooh, I see.

I certainly hope they don't frown upon that.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Another dmt trip experience at dmt.tribe.net...

Upon entering hyperspace I perceived myself falling through a tunnel in zero gravity at light speed then once again I penetrated a 'bubble/membrane' and was in what I refer to as 'The Dome' or 'The Control Panel' only this time instead of a perceived 'octopoid' redirecting my awareness to various structures there was this huge gelatinous-hexagonal-rubix-cube type machine that would reform itself into structures according to these progressive harmonic tones that permeated my reality causing various emotions to emerge in addition it was redirecting my attention to various intersections of it's restructured embodiment. Each time my attention was pointed to one of these intersections/nodes a vision followed by a revelation, would envelope me along with an emotion I can only describe as pure elation and awe. The only vision/revelation that I vividly remember was one of humanity's history. I recall seeing many people in positions of power from ancient civilizations from all around the globe. I could see a distinct spectrum of colors for each spirit that belonged to each of these kings/warriors/ thieves/martyrs/prophets and shamans. I saw their entire lifespan from birth to death and then saw how each of these kings/warriors etc. subconsiously chose the exact moment they were going to die as well as how they died and as result of their choices their spirits were reborn into the bodies of the leaders/warriors/shamans of the next generation in order to continue their spiritual development were it left off in addition to being catalysts for events of novelty that were yet to unfold (ie some warriors reborn as leaders etc). This process of reincarnation continued generation after generation up until the present day.

Is it all in his/her mind, or is he/she actually witnessing past events?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Good thread! A very interesting topic IMO. We've only started skimming the surface of what the true purpose of dreaming is - just look at the many different levels of consciousness that we experience whilst we 'switch off' or 'go to sleep' until we reach that state of deep sleep and its accompanying REM.

Do we (without knowing it, and unless it's a lucid dream) create what we're dreaming as we're dreaming it? Or, is each dream more like a movie that's already scripted from start to finish that's just being played out within our sub-conscious?

Ha! Good question! Lately I've been thinking that perhaps certain events in the day would stimulate my curiosity enough so that I go exploring some more on that subject at night. Wouldn't it be awefully disappointing if our minds were only replaying information for filing and assimilation purposes - as a machine would - for no other purpose? I remain optimistic that our 'dreamscapes' are true glimpses into a very real state of being where we exist in a 'freer' manner.

Thanks for sharing all those experiences! Very interesting! I often fly in my dreams. Sometimes when I am feeling particularly disempowered in real life, I find that I cannot rise above the power lines or become entangled in them in my flying dreams. Proof indeed that our real-life experiences and psychological state does have a true and very tangible effect on our dreams. But where our brains' involvement ends and an other-worldly experience begins, is a question I am not able to answer. I can only hope that our brains are assisting as great facilitators in an unimaginable and truly wondrous learning and evolutionary process.

Keep shining Nurelic!

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I believe that dreaming is where most of the important work is done.
Using our third eye and operating with the complete subconscious network that we have, we can perform all types of amazing work.
Time travel is possible, as i'm sure many of us can attest to, by having traveled in our dreams to earlier times or even different times (dimensions).

I believe our brains and our "world wide" shared consciousness/ subconscious ability is the meaning and the reason for life.

Our external "conscious", "normal", "awake" life that we live is only for the necessity of keeping the brain alive. Our bodies are designed to keep our brains going full speed by giving them energy (that we create by eating) and a safe place to "sleep", so the real work can be done.

I think one day in the very distant future, the only life form left on earth will be blobs of human-derived brains floating in a sea of electrically charged plasma. We will be one true consciousness.

top topics

join