It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists Find Hundreds of Mysterious Metallic Orbs Below Mexico's 'Temple of the Feathered S

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Archaeologists Find Hundreds of Mysterious Metallic Orbs Below Mexico's 'Temple of the Feathered Serpent'

w ww.theblaze.com

Archaeologists exploring tunnels under the Temple of the Feathered Serpent, a pyramid 30 miles from Mexico City, not only found three chambers (when they only expected one), but came across hundreds of mysterious metal spheres with unknown purpose.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

“We can not yet establish its role because it is an unprecedented discovery. They should have a sphere, ranging from 4 to 12 inches and have a core of clay with organic matter, then covered them with pyrite, a mineral that underwent a process of oxidation and became jarosite, hence have a tone yellow,” archaeologist Jorge Zavala said, according to the National Institute of Archaeology and History.

“We believe that high-ranking people, priests or even rulers, went down to the tunnel to perform rituals,” Gómez Chávez to Discovery News. ”Maybe in this place, we will find the remains of those who ruled Teotihuacan.”

Firstly, what an amazing discovery! Archeologists happened across unknown metallic looking spheres underneath the Temple of the feathered serpent while searching for a chamber. They are unsure as to what exactly they are, but they know that the temple had a lot to do with priests, and high-ranking people, perhaps even rulers.

Hopefully we get an update on this soon!

w ww.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-5-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Rocks in a tunnel, rocks in the head.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Possibly an ancient precursor of these:

Gotta catch 'em all

Interesting find, OP, though this might be better suited for the "Ancient Civilizations" forum -- archaeology is rarely actually "breaking news". Updates, if any, will likely be years in coming.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Mysterious metallic orbs below a temple?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Funny that this republican rag website is showing some archeological stuff on it...when I think of orbs I'm thinking spherical and I'm not able to get a sense of how circular these objects really are or are they just ore type deposits that may have been smelted..interesting post...thanks

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just reading the comments was worth the click.

Sandy Hook has nothing to do with the archaeological find.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Gotta catch 'em all

Interesting find, OP, though this might be better suited for the "Ancient Civilizations" forum -- archaeology is rarely actually "breaking news". Updates, if any, will likely be years in coming.

I was hoping that the spheres would be 'pieces of eden.'

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I allready posted it there, so the 2 thread rule kicks in here.

Robot Finds Mysterious Spheres in Ancient Temple

It is and interesting find, and i look forward to what else they might discover down there.

And Op, good luck with all the useless one liners and trolls

edit on 2-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
They are probably just ALIEN eggs you know in a temple and all...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

lol I was hoping for that too.

I find it annoying when the first thing out of an archaeologists mouth in an interview about a new find is "We believe object x was used in rituals". Ugh. It's the catch-all explanation of archaeology "rituals" It's one thing to find cooking implements or tools and say what they were used for. But if it's incomprehensible? Rituals.

Maybe it's a giant abacus.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Orbs???

How about rocks?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Gotta catch 'em all

I was hoping that the spheres would be 'pieces of eden.'

Was the first thing I thought of as Well.

"Pieces of Eden"

Now the "Mayan Temple" DLC for AC3 makes alot more sense.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I believe the ancients were far more advanced than Mainstream archealogist give credit for. Even if the researchers found something truly remarkable, a game changer. It would be pushed under the rug, and buried from public view, thats why they jump so quickly to say it was used for rituals. How the hell do they know that, so soon. Still a very cool find.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Spheres found in this chamber are on the ground. Archaeologists say in their original state, they would have shone as a golden color. (Photo: DMC, INAH/M. MARAT via Discovery News)

I have nothing to add --- I just thought I'd post a pic of these "spheres" for everyone else who doesn't care to visit the link.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

My thoughts exactly. When i think orbs, i think actually round and spherical. The pic looks like a bunch of rocks.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I see rock iguanas, the head of a rock peccary and the patella of a rock howler monkey.

I'm very curious to see what these are. I have a feeling that the majority of them are rocks but the others that are not.... treasure. I'm staying tuned.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

"people mistakenly mistake little round'ish stones for mysterious metallic orbs but in fact what we see here are nuts and bolts little round'ish stones and while we're on the subject.. my hair laughs at john stamos and his hair. when in fact, all my hair actually is, is just nuts and bolts hair as depicted by the indigenous people of my head could do at the time."

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Aww, I was thinking actual "spheres." When I hear the word sphere I think of perfect circles. And since the word "metal" was in there I was expecting something a bit cooler to be honest, lol. These are not spheres from my point of view. They look like rocks from the picture, but apparently they were pyrite covering a clay interior. Hmm. Weird.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
those man made roundish things that were later oxidized to look bright/ yellow

were put there not to symbolize 'eggs' as one keen poster said...(quite a nice theory)

but those orbs/ spheres (roundish objects) beneath the temple of the feathered serpent pyramid
are symbolic of the 'fallen stars' or fallen Angels/ Nephilim of other traditions...
the Aztecs also had something similar & thats the symbolism of the 'bright stars' on the cavern floor

the actual return of the 'feathered Serpent' will re-invigorate the hidden 'Nephilim' which are symbolized as the shiny orbs...fallen stars that are presently confined to the bowels of the Earth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join