It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Little Robot Bees Could Pollinate the Fields of the Future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Plagued by colony collapse disorder, the honeybees that do much of the world’s pollination work are in decline, and cheap access to many flowering plants that we depend on for food—from almonds to apples to soybeans—could follow them down.

Ideally, some intrepid scientist will find a fix for CCD, and the bees will be saved. But there could also be a technological solution to the pollination problem. Researchers have recently worked out the basics of a robotic bee which they say could be used to pollinate plants, search through disaster zones, or perform any variety of tasks where a small swarm of cooperative robots might come in handy.

Source

I saw this article on Facebook and thought it would be good to share. The reason I wanted to share is because of how the decline of the bee population is threatening our food supplies and I found it interesting how these scientist wanted to change that with this little bee robot. Hopefully this could be turned around. As well the bee robot could be used in a good manner in helping bees. Bees are awesome!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here are some more pictures and sources. I wanted to allow other users to be able to visualize this project better than just reading text.

Source
Source 2
Source 3

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Great, instead of fixing the source of the problem let's just fix it artificially.

Are we trying to terraform planet earth now?
Whatever "terra" means in terraform right?

Humanity is totally missing the point thanks to the never-ending, effervescent greed from corporations.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

To be honest I like bees too much that we do anything to save them. The bee robots, I feel, will only help so much in pollinating various plants.

To be honest I wouldn't know if we're changing the planet; the various amount of life on planet is evolving.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't want robots, I want REAL BEE's

I know, lets kill all the humans and build some robots

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You need to understand.

Only Monsanto crops will be pollinated!

This is the whole purpose of Monsanto. To control the entire Planet's food supply.

P

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Don't give them ideas! Shhh!

I do hope the robot bees can be put to good use. We'll just have to wait and see how this project works out.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Well, I have heard a lot of Monsanto conspiracies and I'm skeptical of the claims. However, we do need to be responsible for our food. Eat healthy, no wasting, no poison, etc. Too many are eating bad junk food that poison their bodies and the environment.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
MayBEE
anonymous could do some bee hacking and send them all back to sting monsanto's butt!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It will be put to good use by Monsanto. Real bees die only the mechanical ones live and pollinate their crops. GMO's will be the only ones to bear fruit of this one. I'll stick with the real bees. I shutter to think what a swarm of mechanical bees can be capable of in the wrong hands. Their hands being the wrong ones to begin with.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm honestly stunned that this is posted like it's some kind of great news...

OP ask yourself why corporatins would spend millions to fund the research and development of this tech rather than spend the same to fund measures to save actual bees who pollinate for free?

The answer is obvious and should scare the hell out of you...CONTROL.
edit on 5/1/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

I haven't seen that these robobees would be use by Monsanto or any organization as of yet. I just hope the robobess would be used for good. Thankfully I wouldn't have the risk of being stung.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
We don't need no stinkin bees...
the hell we don't
star that Kosmicjack

eta
and oh, I would guess DARPA could put anything they want in them little bugger's stingers
like a vaccine against questioning the corporate state....
or GMO pollen
or the "terminator gene"
edit on 1-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

What is the "FE" forum? To be it is good news because I like how science can help change the planet for the better if we understood the importance of science. There is no reason to be scared of the robotic bees. If anything happens we can kick their behinds.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

sooner than you think! I think they(monsanto) really don't care if bees die. the rich and powerful have a plan!

check out www.2045.com and see!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tompdx3

I doubt that is from the Monsanto company. But I remember that website from transhumanism sites on Facebook.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

My apologies, its not Fragile Earth...and I edited my post...still, it's not good news, IMHO.

Look, I'm all for cool robot tech...to an extent...but not when it helps the CorpGov oppress us.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What better way to create a new revenue stream, create a pollinator that can be programmed to pollinate the paid accounts, and leave the folks who don't pay crop unpollinated...

I can see the ads now...

"GPS pollination... only 200 an acre...

a portion of our proceeds goes to trying to save the honeybee disaster..."

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from with your comment. I'm critical of the government at times. As well the cooperation that have a lot of control and influence. I just hope this will help the bees and our crops than evil corrupt people.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

How will competing with robot bees for pollen resources help the bee population, which is already under extreme stress?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join