It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May cold front

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting, there is an usually strong cold front moving through the central US for this time of year.

A rather unusual weather pattern has become established over much of the Central and Northern U.S. given the time of year. A major surge of cold air is being ushered in with a strong cold front and upper level trough through the Great Plains and into the Upper Midwest. There is enough cold air in place for snow on the northwest side of the precipitation shield, and there are even winter storm warnings out for parts of Minnesota and Wisconsin for at least four inches of snow!

www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

In Amarillo, Texas, it reached 94 degrees yesterday and tonight they are forecasting snow! I'm in Houston and will get in on it a little of the cool air as well...which is welcome for south Texas this time of year

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Unusual yes.
Here between Abilene and Dallas we are under Severe Thunderstorm Watch and a Freeze Watch.
In May

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

Yeah, I saw that on the news, I'm in Houston too and quite frankly, I'm ready for the heat to hit. After the rain last week and cool weather this week I'm a little behind on some outside projects that I need to get done before it gets hot enough to melt trees again.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

And just for giggles I'd put a drop of oil on those root cellar hinges.
That sounds like enough front to get you a BIG rope on the ground.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm a Canadian and the snow just melted here. It was 8 months from first to last snow fall, and it will snow again at least once more before June.
Where are you spring?!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

All I know, I would never want to live in Colorado or Montana. I hate snow, and it seems like they get more of their fair share of it.
edit on 1-5-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That front's associated with the low over Louisiana, correct? It has my attention due to the wad of rain it's churning out over in the Gulf & FL. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the blob of it over FL here is trying to rotate. Granted, hurricane season is just a few weeks out, it feels like we're getting it creeping in a little earlier each year now.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here in Dallas, the high for tomorrow is going to be 47 degrees

We're usually in the 90's by this time of year

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here in Colorado, it's been snowing all day. Meh, I'm use to it, been here for all 28 years of my life. It's kinda funny watching everyone freak out and flood all the stores at the sign of a winter storm. In my area, the roads were just wet, but I know I'm prolly gonna be scraping ice off my van in the morning. Quick tip, fold your windshield wipers up on your car, make it a LOT easier to scrape the ice off.

new topics

top topics

join