It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama moving toward sending lethal arms to Syrian rebels, officials say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah let's remove the more secular leader across the globe because he's a bad guy, and hope the Syrian people can put in place another secular leader because they want that.

Keep that perpetual enemy, US Govt. Great job!

This country is so outrageous that it went from sticking its nose where it doesn't belong, to actually intentionally building an enemy and instituting them into positions where we can attack them. (Let's just secretly hope they show open aggression first)

Am I the only seeing the absurdity of this? The US hates Muslim extremists supposedly, and yet every decision over the last 5 years has been to put more of them in power within the region. Even if Assad is such a bad guy, should not the US support him due to his secular views?

Anyone buying into the "America must stand for freedom" garbage is seriously deluded. All the US government is doing is ensuring it will have areas of conflict for decades to come.

This is the same reason we are using drones. Civillian casualties are good for the war machine. More people to hate the US and hence attack in the future.

Just put a goddam $ on the flag and get it over with already

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really trying to sit there and say. "Obama has nothing to do with it".

Seriously?

He has everything to do with it or why the hell is he even Potus?

Anymore than a mob lawyer or accountant is responsible for their activities. Game show host. Sports announcer. You go ahead and buy all the pomp... I can't.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Antonio1

I don't enough of with the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' crap.

Seems to me that what got us in trouble in the first place.

At least in regards to religious extremists, I completely agree.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by topdog81

I was a staunch supporter of President Obama initially...
Now, on a daily basis, I ask myself - What in god's name is going on in the white house!?

Why is it we keep finding ourselves Continually repeating past mistakes?
The credibility, integrity, assets and overall safety of the United States is jeopardized time and time again. Poor decisions by poor leaders seems to be the name of the game- ultimately sacrificing the lives of friend and foe alike.

In psychological terms I believe it is called trauma repetition. When a person undergoes massive suffering as a child they tend to replicate it back onto the world. Hence if you were beaten as a child by a bigger person, you see nothing wrong with your "Big" country going around and beating up other little countries.

Read up on Alice Miller for more in depth analysis.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join