It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video. Watch, and if you still support Democrat/Republican- Explain to me why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
badnarik.org...

If you watch this entire video (few minutes) and still support Bush or Kerry.

Tell me WHY

It just amazes me how people can support larger government, more taxes, and more "policing the world"

Is it that you think the video is full of lies? Do you think the things the libertarian said are untrue?

anyway, explain to me why you support the republicans/democrats (only if you continue to do so after that video)

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video.

Just so you know, the majority of those who voted Kerry, felt he had a better shot at knocking Bush off his throne than any other candidate. No matter how appealing and real Badnarik may be, he is unfortunately a victim of American Politics, in which not all candidates or political parties are treated equally or given the same air time.

I was never fond of Kerry, but I voted for him, because I actually believed he had a shot, I used my logic. If I had only known that the issues I felt were important were not as important to the majority of this country, I would voted with my heart like Bush supporters did and voted Libertarian or Green Party.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I didn't watch the video.

Just so you know, the majority of those who voted Kerry, felt he had a better shot at knocking Bush off his throne than any other candidate. No matter how appealing and real Badnarik may be, he is unfortunately a victim of American Politics, in which not all candidates or political parties are treated equally or given the same air time.

I was never fond of Kerry, but I voted for him, because I actually believed he had a shot, I used my logic. If I had only known that the issues I felt were important were not as important to the majority of this country, I would voted with my heart like Bush supporters did and voted Libertarian or Green Party.

The video explains why it was better to vote libertarian in 2004 than to vote "for the lesser of two evils"

Watch the video -.-

The video explains why voting for a third party IS NOT A WASTED VOTE

PS: I -do- understand your point. And, I agree it was better than voting bush.

However, in your post I sensed that you DID agree with Libertarians, but in the end you voted "for the lesser of two evils"

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Bumping: Really want to know

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I voted Libertarian.

I also notice that Dems and Republicans aren't replying to this thread. Wonder why?

Edited to add this:
As far as people telling me it was a wasted vote, I tell them that my conscience is clear.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by FiberOptik]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiberOptik
I also notice that Dems and Republicans aren't replying to this thread. Wonder why?

OK, I'll step up and take a hit for the "democratic wing of the Democratic Party." I voted for Kerry. No, he was not my 1st choice (Howard Dean 2008! You heard it here first!), or even my second. However, the Dems have one substantial advantage over the 3rd parties: federal matching funds. While no group has been able to match the corporate-backed spending spree of the GOP, the Dems are in a much better position to go toe-to-toe with them than the Libertarians, the Greens, etc.

American politics is royally screwed up, but I think that the best way to fix it is by working through the existing system, rather than mounting a frontal attack against the Republican juggernaut. Like it or not, the 3rd parties are in a David v. Goliath situation, but this time Davey doesn't have any stones for his slingshot.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
After watching i have to say, I voted for Bush and i would vote for Bush again. The main reason i did not vote libertarian is because i think the war on terror is VERY important. You may think it is only smoke and mirrors to make us lose our since of security, maybe give up more freedoms for saftey. The example he used that dealt with Airport Security Checks, i am all for it. Something had to be done so it isn't so easy to high jack an airplane and kill thousands of people. It makes since to do something about it. It may be up to the people to take care of themselves but that wasn't the case on those airplanes on Sept 11th. Maybe i am a scared "sheeple" as some of you call it, but better safe than sorry.

P.S. Republicans and Democrates probably are not answering this thread because the majority of Americans are glad the elections are over. They are tired of talking about the same old stuff. Lets get behind Bush and get through the next four years as a team.

AP-

edit:spelling

[edit on 4-11-2004 by AntiPolitrix]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I watched it

After watching i have to say, I voted for Bush and i would vote for Bush again. The main reason i did not vote libertarian is because i think the war on terror is VERY important. You may think it is only smoke and mirrors to make us lose our since of security, maybe give up more freedoms for saftey. The example he used that dealt with Airport Security Checks, i am all for it. Something had to be done so it isn't so easy to high jack an airplane and kill thousands of people. It makes since to do something about it. It may be up to the people to take care of themselves but that wasn't the case on those airplanes on Sept 11th. Maybe i am a scared "sheeple" as some of you call it, but better safe than sorry.

P.S. Repiblicans and Democrates probably are not answering this thread because the majority of Americans are glad the elections are over. They are tired of talking about the same old stuff. Lets get behind Bush and get through the next four years as a team.

AP-

This gave me a good laugh

1.) Bush does not know how to fight the "war on terror." Bush told the CIA/FBI to *let it happen* when the intelligence came in that, qoute, "Osama was planning to attack America via hijacked planes"

Anyone intelligent could have thought, "Ok where are they going to hit". World trade center is the first to mind.
Anyone intelligent could have concluded that keeping a helicopter or two on standby near the world trade center would easily solve any "terrorist threat".

2.) Lets get behind bush as he passes patriot act 2, instills a draft, increases taxes, and increases government.

Nothx

And if bush DOESN'T do the draft- I will be VERY suprised.

And as for airplanes. The terrorist I hear used knives to hijack the planes. There are things you can take onto planes ALLREADY which are easier to use than knives to hijack a plane.

The solution is simple, give the pilots guns and put a lock on the pilots door.

Now to hijack a plane you have to go to pilot school, learn how to fly, and then get a job as a pilot. It will still be possible to hijack a plane, and it always will be.

OK, I'll step up and take a hit for the "democratic wing of the Democratic Party." I voted for Kerry. No, he was not my 1st choice (Howard Dean 2008! You heard it here first!), or even my second. However, the Dems have one substantial advantage over the 3rd parties: federal matching funds. While no group has been able to match the corporate-backed spending spree of the GOP, the Dems are in a much better position to go toe-to-toe with them than the Libertarians, the Greens, etc.

American politics is royally screwed up, but I think that the best way to fix it is by working through the existing system, rather than mounting a frontal attack against the Republican juggernaut. Like it or not, the 3rd parties are in a David v. Goliath situation, but this time Davey doesn't have any stones for his slingshot.

So, the reason you voted for Kerry was because *he had a shot* against bush.

I understand you there, but when it comes down to it- it's still best to vote for the party you respect, want, and which represents you.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by aukaiman55]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by aukaiman55

So, the reason you voted for Kerry was because *he had a shot* against bush.

I understand you there, but when it comes down to it- it's still best to vote for the party you respect, want, and which represents you.

Yes, I voted for the Democratic candidate because no one else on the ballot stood a chance, and I wanted (and still want) Bush out of the White House. As for the party which represents me: I'm a dyed-in-the-wool, bleeding-heart liberal. I believe in food for children, wintertime heating for old people, the 40-hour workweek, affordable health care for all and the death penalty for none. Which party would *you* suggest?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It comes down to ignorance, laziness and fear of something different. Most republicans and democrats have a blind faith that defies logic or reason. People feel comfortable being part of a group as opposed to blazing their own trail.

I think the big difference now is that those in power, Bush and republicans in congress and in the senate, are in favor of taking away people's rights and imposing their beliefs upon us. The difference with democrats has been to give people a choice.

But I have to say that both parties are actually helping to opress the average American and are both very heavily influenced by corporation and industry, especially energy and pharaceuticals.

Libertarian, green or independent, it doesn't matter, unless society as a whole changes very radically, they will never have a voice that Americans will consider strong.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
sorry posted on wrong thread

[edit on 11/4/2004 by ledbedder20]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think Its not too late, ledbedder.

I think society CAN CHANGE, its all to our power.

I do think however, if democrat/republican win in 2008 then it will be 90% too late.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've always voted for the most viable individual that reflected my values as close as possible. Were there a John F Kennedy in the arena today..I would have certainly voted for him(or Robert).

It's not so much about party as it is the person and his values.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I voted for Bush. Badnarick would make sweeping changes that would cause chaos if he had his way. We live in the most freedom loving human rights respecting prosperous society in the history of humanity and you wackos think the sky is falling. Give me a break. I will vote for the party that espouses a Judeo Christian Philosophy every time. This is not ramming religion down anyones throat. It is voting for a philosophy that has been proven to build great societies and maintain them. If you don't understand the difference between philosophy and religion then you will think it terrible to support a Christian agenda but that is OK in this free nation you are welcome to disagree and and be a whacko if you want to. I am relieved that we will have 4 more years of sanity before we have to go through this all over again. Badnarick?!! NOT!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
'i didn't like him, but i voted for him because i thought he had a better chance'...........that is the point...the only message that sends is ' i accept the system they have decided to give us and i don't really want to change it'. what would have happened if a 3rd party got 4 or 5 or 6 or 10% of the vote??? yes bush would have still won but, there would have been a REAL message sent.
the AMERICAN political system needs sweeping changes. of course the sheeples can continue to wait for them to happen on their own....which is what is happening now. the proverbial snail ...although this snail is dead. it is the United States of America..not the UNITED STATES of the WORLD. yes, sweeping changes need to be made and they will be painfull. unfortunatly, those changes are being made by the current system..which is leading us down a very bleak path...the path of continual wars lead by the U.S A.
a new political system needs to be brought upon the current system...what that system is, i don't know but that does not mean that sweeping changes do not need to be made....the last 2 elections should illistrate that very well.
i think the liberterian party is the only possible 3rd party that could put AMERICA back on to the path of America. did the American population, the people, gather so much hatered world wide??? NO. it was the AMERICAN govt..............sweeping chandes NEED to be made

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by aukaiman55

This gave me a good laugh

1.) Bush does not know how to fight the "war on terror." Bush told the CIA/FBI to *let it happen* when the intelligence came in that, qoute, "Osama was planning to attack America via hijacked planes"

Anyone intelligent could have thought, "Ok where are they going to hit". World trade center is the first to mind.
Anyone intelligent could have concluded that keeping a helicopter or two on standby near the world trade center would easily solve any "terrorist threat".

2.) Lets get behind bush as he passes patriot act 2, instills a draft, increases taxes, and increases government.

Nothx

I see....
yeah...you are very smart...... i can see it by your idea that a pair of helicopters would stop passenger aircraft from hitting a building.....

This would be the same as using a car to stop a freight train.......Very intelligent indeed.....

As for the rest of your diatribe......it just continues to show how smart you really are......

Now, that was funny....

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I as a majority of Americans voted for Bush. Go to this site and watch the video and you will know why.

pages.sbcglobal.net...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a majority of americans voted for bush....what was it..54 million...i wonder how many did not vote because they see that the political system is so corrupt that it didn't matter who they voted for?? 54 million for bush.....how many 'eligable' voters are there in AMERICA?? i don't know but i bet there are more than 108 million..but that doesn't matter................but that said, a 'majority' of americans did not vote in the election..

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Apache helicopters sport gatling guns, radar guided missles...

They could easily stop the plane from reaching WTC, let alone just New York

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ah to much coffee perhaps? Next caller please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join