It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister with gift rifle

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't think the death of a 3 year old girl should be used to further polarize this country. It's absolutely tragic, the parents are complete morons who have now paid the ultimate price for their stupidity, that poor little boy will suffer his whole life for it as well. It breaks my heart to think of those children, but with negligent parents like that any accident could have happened with anything with the same results. If there's a story here worth discussion, it's parental negligence not guns.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That poor poor little boy.That's all i can say about this.There are two victims here,one has gone on,in a state of grace-and the other has to live on with his whole life ruined.Poor little guy,this is beyond heartbreaking.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Get that bolt some love R. Oil is cheap.

My take is we just can't set up kids to lose like that. Like you said the parents are to blame. Tragic.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

So you don't consider any of those facts? Really...now your just trolling or ignorant.

What facts?

None here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

None here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For the record a picture is not fact.

OMG..are you for real.. Where would a person get guns to sell illegally if his/her state has strict gun control...give up...another state. You cannot really be that dense...are you a troll..C'mon you can tell us...or are you just playing dumb.

Personally there every time a 'criminal buys an illegal' gun ?

Have anything of substance other than attacking a posters intelligence?

See you redeemed yourself...see people even a gun owner states this...Guns do not prevent crime.

Apparently they do or the police would not be armed with them oh, and there there's events like these:

So what was that again?

Thanks for busting that lie...that gun owners love to spread..

Try again.

Your other points were...well...ummm...just not up to par with intellect....No more from me....obviously not going to debate you no more. You know what Mark Twain said “Never argue with (censored) people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Sounds good to me met many of those who claimed intellectually superiority to date not many have ever proven it.
edit on 1-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The land of the free and the dead

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

It is hard to tell from the photos but the bolt is oiled pretty good, just a light coat. I used Hoppe's on it.

It shoots really good, very happy with it. Later (for his birthday) I am going to get a scope for it and a rifle bag. It is a great learning gun for kids, but they should be supervised when using it.

And when I say supervised (for anyone questioning this) I do not mean just being there and on the phone or something else I mean being right there with them. When my son shoots I have my arms around him and one hand on the gun the other on his other arm. This requires full attention.

Raist

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

The only people causing death are the mentally ill and those being negligent. In this case the negligence is on the parents. Not for getting the gun but for having it loaded, cocked and available for unsupervised children.

The tragedy here is that people are not responsible and treat guns as toys. Follow the rules of gun ownership and be responsible and you will never hurt anything you are not intending to.

Raist

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I don't think the death of a 3 year old girl should be used to further polarize this country. It's absolutely tragic, the parents are complete morons who have now paid the ultimate price for their stupidity, that poor little boy will suffer his whole life for it as well. It breaks my heart to think of those children, but with negligent parents like that any accident could have happened with anything with the same results. If there's a story here worth discussion, it's parental negligence not guns.

WELL SAID!!

I thought the OP did a good job of shining the light where it needed to be shined - on the parents- rather than falling for the MSM agenda and making this a bash the 2nd thread.

Regardless, it only took a few posts before a (now banned) dolt came forward with a ridiculous assault against all gun owners!

This is just dumb and blood on the hands of the NRA and all the gun lovers out there.

This issue HAS BEEN and always WILL BE a PEOPLE PROBLEM not a GUN problem. The reason for the recent legislation we've seen has NOTHING to do with preventing stupid accidents and poor judgement like this and everything to do with pushing the disarmament agenda. Thankfully many here see through the charade.

edit on 1-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This issue HAS and always will be a PEOPLE PROBLEM not a GUN problem.

Yep gun control advocate's are under the impression that common sense can be legislated.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't see any problem at all with buying a young child a gun. My son got his Rifle (A .22 rifle as well), quite young by many people's standards.

What I have a problem with is storing it within access of children when it's not being used ...like, on a range, within arms reach of the adults whom it honestly does belong to.

States like California have downright brutal laws about the misuse of improperly secured firearms by children who get their hands on them and a history of prosecuting for it. As well they should, too. It's not the gun ...it's the outright stupidity and careless disregard of basic common sense on the part of the parents. Simple as that, in my opinion.

It could have been this .22 or it could have been a .50 rifle ...or a reciprocating saw, or an 18 volt drill with a blade bit left in it and sitting on a counter. There are countless ways to see a kid kill another by the sheer innocence and pure lack of knowledge which youth is defined by. This happened to be a gun, and that's tragic.

However, the gun isn't what really killed the 2yr old. Not in the end and real hard look here. The parents are. Sure as anything. Their decision or lack of an intelligent one led directly to the death of their 2 year old daughter, and they ought to pay for that as many states would have them do, without question.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yeah the pics make it look rusty so I was poking you. No dis at all.

I started both boys prone with a .22. I am a rim fire fan for sure.

I just cannot get my head around having a weapon in reach of a child, loaded and possibly chambered. the amount of stupid that takes...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep gun control advocate's are under the impression that common sense can be legislated.

If they think the proposed legislation would even go that far then THEY are the people who possess zero common sense! Nothing proposed would have prevented this stupid tragedy…NOTHING! It won’t even prevent another mass shooting much less enforcing common sense or responsible gun ownership!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
there are no bad students only bad teachers
but i bet this will be used to help fuel the antigun crowd's agenda

but then they never asked for IQ tests

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Apparently they do or the police would not be armed with them oh, and there there's events like these:

So do you think stealing is punishable by death without trial and jury ? Gun owners make up their own law and are judge and jury ? Because that really seems to be the impressions I am getting with many of you people here.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

So do you think stealing is punishable by death without trial and jury ? Gun owners make up their own law and are judge and jury ? Because that really seems to be the impressions I am getting with many of you people here.

Actually, a person is well within their rights to ‘shoot to kill’ to prevent a felony in progress.

That isn’t from gun owners…its law. You’d be glad it was legal if you walked in on the rape of one of your family members. Tell me, if you saw that and called 911, do you think the perp would ‘finish’ before the cops arrived? He wouldn’t in my house!!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm so sick of progs, where ever the hell they're from ,laying the bodies of idiots and crazies at my feet. I am from a military family and I learned to shoot at 5 if I had opened the cabinet without supervision I would have received something I would guess you'd bitch about as well, a spanking.
Always shot expert in service and taught many others how to handle firearms.The new people are all the same, one shot they get it the next shot then aim ,then its rapid repeats with a great big grin.Since I have a superpower of common sense I keep all weapons away from children.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Miss the fact that was an ARMED robbery?

Do people get to make up their own laws, and go steal from others?

Seems to me that is what criminals do a average gun owner doesn't seek to take life, but save it.

Big difference.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

That isn’t from gun owners…its law. You’d be glad to have that law if you walked in on the rape of one of your family members.
K seriously how do you compare that to theft

also no I wouldn't kill the guy but nothings stopping be from beating him till the cops get to my house . There are many objects in my house that could be classed as a weapon causing bodily harm .

Guess unlike you I do not wish death upon my enemies

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

where they shooting at her ? if they wanted her dead they would of opened fire at the counter .
Yes it was armed robbery and that isn't punishable by death , only killing another human being is punishable by death .

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

double

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join