It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister with gift rifle

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I know but the more you try and hide something from a child the better the chance of accidents.

Keeping them out in the open was the best way to deal for our family in those days. Today, people can still have the open honest relationship with their children about guns and safety but also store them in locked cabinets.

I think the only gun cabinet I ever saw growing up was in the rear window of a truck bed, it may not have had safety locks or anything but everyone knew to never touch.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by crazyewok

Can cars stop a tyrannical government from abusing the US Constitution?

Thats a mute point as it is already happening

Your to late by about 12 year!

Anyway you gun wont stop that tank or apache helicopter.

You should have kept up with training as militias and makeing sure they were supplied well.

Ahhh, so it is too late, so the Constitution is no longer valid?

I would like to paraphrase what you said: 'We are already under a tyrannical government.... (here's the part that gets me)
'

I fail to see what is funny.

I don't necessarily agree with him on everything or anything, but I think he was trying to highlight the hypocrisy of it all. Instead of people being all gung ho about guns and pretending they will save us against tanks, artillery, death rays from space, sonic cannons, f-35s dropping smart bombs, etc we probably should have done something about the financial corruption which created the military industrial complex in the first place. Insider trading politicians whom have little if any respect for you and me are the ones whom people have put into office because of naivety and ignorance.

If the military does not assist the patriots then its probably a lost cause imo. The military will make or break america in the end, as it does to most countries.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

With military, police or what have you when it comes time for the government to want to go after the people in that manner you will have people leave both because they have families. Many are only doing that as a means to support their families.

I think if it came to it you would see a split down the middle of those who are supporting the government and those supporting the Constitution. In the numbers I include the public as well since there are those in the public right now that support the government over the people. There will be those who will leave but there will also be those who will join up.

It will be the civil war (funny name really, what war is civil?) all over again only with a slightly different twist.

Raist

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

What do you think should be banned then?

Just curious is all....

Me? Nothing. I'm against prohibition.

If it doesnt harm anyone other than the user or anyones property then it shouldnt be banned or illegal.

Thanks for being honest.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Do we have an age requirement to drive? Do we test drivers? Do we liscense them? Do we demand safety measures? Seat belts? Car seats? Do we register drivers?

Yet cars are still out there killing children.

But dramtically less so than if we had no regulation of the car industry..No Drivers liscenses...no tests...no safety standards...no car seats...no seat belts..

See what you are doing is making it a False binary argument with the choices either No regulation or No deaths.

No offense Butch, but it is either outright BS or a really dim logic.

If you set the bar to Zero deaths....then we should not regulate anything. Or we should Ban it!

How about reducing accidental and homicidal deaths where we can?

The whole argument that X still happens...so why bother...is pure nonsense.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No, but either can guns...that is pure redneck fantasy.

People can...guns cannot.

It has been that way for a couple of centuries now.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I know but the more you try and hide something from a child the better the chance of accidents.

Keeping them out in the open was the best way to deal for our family in those days. Today, people can still have the open honest relationship with their children about guns and safety but also store them in locked cabinets.

I think the only gun cabinet I ever saw growing up was in the rear window of a truck bed, it may not have had safety locks or anything but everyone knew to never touch.

Most parents don't teach chidren about sex either till 10 or so. Is this good or bad. not sure.

got to be 17 to drive a car, 21 to drink at a bar.

everything about life is a "slippery slope" when you look at it hard enough.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Read the fantasy.....

The Library of Congress: The Federalist Papers

Redneck?
If you feel a need to play the name-calling game, so be it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

See what you are doing is making it a False binary argument with the choices either No regulation or No deaths.

Not really.
My point is, although you apparently missed it, that we all die.
I support the extremely limited regulation end, as it limits freedom very little.
People die. Might be a car that gets you, might be a gun.
I could care less how you die. If someone wants to take a gun, get to that, but don't be an effing hypocrite and send cops armed with the same tools that they want banned.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Indeed our government is already too big, especially in terms of police and military.

I think we need less laws and more enforcement, but both "big parties" could care less.

I don't really like libertarians because of their free trade motto, but hell I would rather have them than D and R anytime.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Read the fantasy.....

The Library of Congress: The Federalist Papers

You missed the last sentence of my post?

Redneck?
If you feel a need to play the name-calling game, so be it.

Wow...sensitive?

Redneck...from working in the sun...was never an insult where I grew up...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I don't really like libertarians because of their free trade motto, but hell I would rather have them than D and R anytime.

Indeed!
All anyone that considers themselves to be an R or a D needs to do is look at their heroes in Congress and what they actually do. If they really watch the end result of all their supposed bickering.... it should be enough to make them vomit. It is just one team on Capitol Hill, pretending to be at each others throats, all done to rake in money.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

But everyone who is responsibe would still get a gun right? So what the problem?

In my world It would be a 2 hour class on safe handling and what could go wrong and thats all.

If it saves just one child from the mistakes of dumbass parents its worth it.

That might be great training for a noobie but I certainly don’t need it nor do I think the federal government is responsible for teaching us how to be responsible.

There are a million things we could do to save the life of children. Let’s start with a BIG ONE and make abortion illegal! That would save hundreds of thousands of children’s lives.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Wow...sensitive? Redneck...from working in the sun...was never an insult where I grew up...

No need to play games, we all know what it means.

Not that I am sensitive.... I am part black, part American Indian, part Dutch and part English. Sometimes one can suppose too much.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Not really.
My point is, although you apparently missed it, that we all die.
I support the extremely limited regulation end, as it limits freedom very little.
People die. Might be a car that gets you, might be a gun.

And...same old logic...so we all die...why bother?

I could care less how you die.

You might feel differently if it was your child getting shot by the nieghbor boy....

Meanwhile, authorities are weighing whether to charge anyone after a 4-year-old shot a 6-year-old in the head Monday night in New Jersey.

The older boy is in serious condition.

Authorities are still investigating how the younger child obtained the .22-caliber rifle from his family's Toms River home.

Police Chief Michael Mastronardy says the children were outside the 4-year-old's home when the boy went inside, got the rifle and shot the 6-year-old about 15 yards away. It's not clear if the 4-year-old pulled the trigger or if the rifle accidentally discharged.

The parents of the 4-year-old were home at the time. No names have been released.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

LOL read my post below you, I think you'll snicker... Just how it was done in the 60's 70's...

So you had guns all over the house as a child and you’re alive??????

According to many anti-gun-nutters here you should have died and your parents incarcerated!!

As a conservative, I must conclude that the current inability of people to make good decisions and be responsible parents and gun owners MUST have something to do with the breakdown of the family and the loss of family values…..it must!! It is the decline of civilization and it goes hand in hand with cradle to grave government intrusion in our lives. Thank GOD you and I grew up in a time when people still knew what self-reliance and personal responsibility are.

edit on 3-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I saw photos of a person putting flowers in gun barrels at Kent State.
One group of people were armed with flowers, the other (government paid soldiers) were armed with firearms.

Anyone remember which group had more deaths at that little shindig?

Yeah, the people beat the government.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Indeed!
All anyone that considers themselves to be an R or a D needs to do is look at their heroes in Congress and what they actually do. If they really watch the end result of all their supposed bickering.... it should be enough to make them vomit. It is just one team on Capitol Hill, pretending to be at each others throats, all done to rake in money.

Yeah I am beyond sick and tired of the status quo. I tend to lean liberal/progressive financially and conservative on social issues. I am an oddball for sure lol. Loved occupy and tea party is ok.

Thats "my team" but I don't think they have a snowballs chance in hell of ever winning. Maybe gary johnson or rand paul do. The democrats might as well declare defeat from the day Obama gave feinstein the green light to rape america.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

And...same old logic...so we all die...why bother?

No.
It is why steal my liberty for your comfort?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You might feel differently if it was your child getting shot by the nieghbor boy....

Just as you might be feeling really sad if your child was killed by a drunk driver (your drunk neighbor, I guess).

that is probably why I wrote this....

I could care less how you die.

If I was talking about my children, I wouldn't have specified YOU.

edit on 3-5-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join