It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 year old girl arrested, charged with felony for science project

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeBears
As for your son, OK I hear is bad, as is Kansas. I will recommend a web site, I didn't now of they have an OK office but get n that site and research like mad to see what rights he does have and how to protect him, his human rights,

Also to network with other parents dealing with the same thing. That site is H.E.A.L., just google that, it's a teens human rights site, to the left there is tons of research, into the juv system, boot Camps, etc., the abuses, investigations, corrupt courts, you name it. Also, Ablechild.org is another good site, it's more to do with schools trying to force drug. Now with criminal (why schools are Notorious fr charging for the most petty of things) once the child is in the criminal you see then the rights that a child/parent Would have, etc such as fighting force drugging, etc is gone, why the mental health pharma butchers push for these schools to screen and criminalize, you see They want their hands on these kids, as their guinni pigs. Juvenile courts are messed up even more than adult...so you Really have to stay on top of it.

I can't stress enough how important it is to TEACH your children the Human Rights, even those not enforced, what TORT law is, how they can sue, how they can fight for their rights because the system really binds them this way, why I suggest the H.E.A.L. Site to you, it's a group of parents and teens that have fought to keep their children alive, etc, oh having kids arrested for SELF DEFENSE is a very common tactic. It works two ways, one to recruit kids for the pharma death dealers and two, to instill into kids to willingly accept abuse at hands of any authority. Beh mod Nazis love to provoke kids into anger because pose they know full well how to manipulate kids into doing just what it takes to get them bound in the system...so it's vital to get as much outside support and attention, even if it doesn't seem That serious. Make sure to document Everything, to hire a good juvenile advocate if need be (I would pronto) and to let the system know, you will protect his civil and human rights.

Ty for the advice.
But had a lawyer waiting since the last time our school counselor decided to have a chat with my son .

thatsthe best advice I could have for anyone who has a child in public school.

Now im off to see the piano guys with my son !
been waiting all month. hope this makes it up to him.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by abbey7777
Hahahhahha if they knew what we did as kids in the 70s and eighties they would have locked us up also

Hahahahaha they know it, they were with you at this time (the school board members in their 40s). So they know they didnt turn out to be all terrorists even if they played with dangerous but fun things.

I just don't understand the need they have to make sure the 'new' kids can't have the same games. Maybe they are jealous because there weren't video games back in the days?

Peace out

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by buddhasystem

I find this statement a bit delusional. A lot of kids LOVE blowing things up (cf Mentos+Soda), or even rocketry, but it's not an evidence of talent or real inclination to the subject of chemistry beyond curiosity. Some of my friends were building crude DIY firearms when they were kids, none of them are gunsmiths now.

Maybe someone should have put them in a gunsmithing course?

They were free whatever they wanted to do. It was a good school, by the way. All I said there is no correlation between blowing up stuff and having a talent in a discipline XYZ.

No, but there could be. Talent is part of having skill, skill comes with dedication and knowledge, which comes with practice. Getting kids in a positive program that builds skill on their interest seems like something constructive to me... to each their own...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Originally posted by LogicGrind
reply to post by trollz

It wasn't a science project.

www.theledger.com...

The girl told authorities she was conducting a science experiment, according to Bartow police, but science teachers at the school said they knew nothing about it.

She did this on her own with a lot of other kids around.

Please tell me how that means that it was not a science experiment ? If i do a science experiment in my basement without my science teacher present to watch it , was it really a science experiment ?

You're all doomed.. This is patently obvious. You can't differentiate between REAL and what's in your heads.

No, this was NOT a project. That would imply the school was involved, as she was on school property. She was simply making what she knew would explode. At school. Where there is a duty of care expected of the teaching staff.

Felony charges? certainly not, but stop trying to make out she was simply making a pretend volcano.

As to this "Back in my day, .. so now I'd be a terrorist!" well, yeah.. times have changed. You don't get to walk barefoot in the local park either, because rufus the hobo will steal you damn kids. The world stinks.

We certainly don't need little miss explodesalot maiming the slow kids at her school tho.

This is bizarre... you just don't see it.. all you see is a blue light and hand cuffs... struth..

I think you misunderstand me ,mate . I do not believe she was making a "volcano' or whatever else other members have mentioned. She made something with the intent of it "blowing up" or "popping" but that does not in any way mean that she was not conducting an experiment, am i right ?
I know , duty of care blah blah blah . The fact that her teacher was not present does not mean that it was not a science experiment. If i drop some magnesium into a coke to see what happens, that is an experiment , right ?
same diff
edit on 15/03/2013 by wewillnotcomply666 because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

Another_nut,

I would hope your attorney is aware of this link below. Could be important to you -

www.uscourts.gov...

Procedural History:
The state of North Carolina charged J.D.B. with breaking and entering and larceny. The public defender who represented J.D.B. moved to suppress his statements and any evidence gathered as a result of those statements. The public defender argued on behalf of J.D.B. that J.D.B. was in custody at the time he was interrogated and that the police had failed to give him a Miranda warning. The state trial court ruled that J.D.B. was not in police custody and denied the motion to suppress the statements and evidence. The court adjudicated him delinquent, finding that J.D.B had violated criminal laws.

J.D.B.'s public defender disagreed and appealed first to the North Carolina Court of Appeals and then to the North Carolina Supreme Court. Both appellate courts agreed with the trial court. The North Carolina Supreme Court held that the test for custody did not include consideration of the age of an individual subjected to questioning by police.

Issue:
"[W]hether the Miranda custody analysis includes consideration of a juvenile suspect's age." More specifically, whether "a child's age 'would have affected how a reasonable person' in the suspect's position 'would perceive his or her freedom to leave.'"

Supreme Court holding:
Yes. "So long as the child's age was known to the officer at the time of police questioning, or would have been objectively apparent to any reasonable officer, its inclusion in the custody analysis is consistent with the objective nature of the test. . . . Just as police officers are competent to account for other objective circumstances that are a matter of degree such as the length of questioning or the number of officers present, so too are they competent to evaluate the effect of relative age."

The Supreme Court reversed the judgment of the North Carolina Supreme Court and remanded the case to the lower court to determine whether, taking his age into consideration, J.D.B. was in custody when he was interrogated.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I carried a Swiss Army pocket knife all through school and in boy scouts, to this day I still have it and carry it all the time when I think I might need it on a long trip or out fixing something. I certainly can tell you I have NEEDED my knife on multiple occasions, some may even have saved my life or others lives. In my opinion everyone should carry a Swiss knife. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. That saying is so true. lol

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
She did a dangerous thing to others around.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xnibiru
She did a dangerous thing to others around.

So tell her what she did wrong have her write 500 times on the black board I'll not do that again and end it there.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
this a horrible story i think that the country is turning into the worst thing possible

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

If you read and comprehended my post, which you obviously aren't capable of, you would have read that I acknowledge that and point out that that is how kids go blind and get seriously injured!!

This is a serious topic, and if people are too ignorant to know anything about it, they need to stfu.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I gotta ask. How many kids get seriously injured making a dry ice "bomb" or mixing menthos and coke or ouring baking soda into a water bottle or a dozen different things curious kids do every day? Afraid of household chemicals and baking materiels?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

No, i comprehend your post quite well. You are trying to imply that because you "didnt take chemicals out from under the sink and mix them" that it is not normal child behavior. This is the 21st century and thats pretty damn close to normal behaviour for a child of this time .

I made no such implication. They were two completely separate points that were not related.
and no, it's not normal behavior.

It is, at least in the states. Edison was punished for causing a fire using white phosphorous as a kid because he was curious as to what would happen. This sort of thing is actually quite common for intelligent, inquisitive young people.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind
reply to post by trollz

It wasn't a science project.

www.theledger.com...

The girl told authorities she was conducting a science experiment, according to Bartow police, but science teachers at the school said they knew nothing about it.

She did this on her own with a lot of other kids around.

Since when does a science project have to be school sactioned? It was not a science assignment, but a project.

We used to make little rockets as kids using similar science in the park. It was fun and educational and didn't hurt anyone, much like this story.

Now she is a fellon for life.

Where is "intent" and common sense in all this? crazy world.

God Bless,

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
In "Amerika" Free thinking, free will and intelligence is an Act of terrorism, remember the only ones to blame for this is us the citizens that sit idle while corruption entities, anti citizens rights, and anti constitution groups within the government get to write and pass the laws.

We are reaping what we sow.

edit on 16-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join