page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeBears

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by WilliamOckham
Its page 10...if some of you aren't aware yet, this was not a science project and the girl was not innocently conducting experiments in hopes of increasing the world's knowledge. She was trying to make a bottle explode on school grounds without teacher supervision. Couple that with the fact that teenagers have been making drano bombs & putting it on youtube...

I'm wondering what tune the dimwits who applaud the girl would sing, if God forbid their kid lost an eye as a result of that "experiment" on the school grounds.

I and my friends liked that sort of thing when we were kids, and it can be cool but it's still not right not is it safe.

One the girl was an exceptional Student, excellent grades

WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING???????????????????????????????????????
Maybe she also liked Justin Bieber or MJ. Who cares. You posted a non-sequitur.

Bah humbug...if it was a Football student who injured his eye in a game then it would be GO USA USA USA!

Boy, this is just silly... Eye injury is a tragedy, yes it does happen in sports once in a while, that's why sports are regulated. Exploding bottles are not. Not to mention that when an athlete enters the field, that's the risk they are willing to take. Bystanders in a bottle explosion do not make such decision.

Duh.

edit on 2-5-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

are you kidding?

In Jr high kids used to throw rocks. We were always told someone would be hurt.
My friend had his eye removed after being struck with a rock. The person who threw the rock was only givin a 3 day suspension.

Life is dangerous . Rightfully so. And that danger has led to some of the greatest discoveries and quickest deaths for those involved.

Those kids standing around watching were just as interested to see what happened as the girl was show them.

And in life people get hurt. People learn from that.

Trying to stop people from getting hurt is as crazy as it gets and as controlling as you can be.
very scary

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Racist insinuation about the young girl not seeking world knowledge was quite obvious, why I included that yes she was an wpexceptional student who made good grades, this was not some dumb kid just joking around with no regard or a terrorist which is what Typical RACIST Florida DA is making her out to be and Yes that DA is known for her Blatantly Racist KKK type of prosecutions. Not the Only Florida DA either for that fact, a long history of ludicrous and I do mean ludicrous, unjust prosecutions of children who are non white while displaying a strong double standard and Yes I do believe this was a Lot about RACISM and not afraid to say it.

Two, do you Realy think the kids standing around that bottle (if there was any) wouldn't know there was risks? How stupid do you think kids are? Kids play around with fireworks all the time...so uh, They know,

They might not Think things through or they take Risks as you say but they do have some risk assessment, not much but some. And the fact is, there are Far worse Deliberate CRIMES, not experiments, not playing around, committed by students Every week in this nation and often by the so called better off classes and yet rarely if ever are there Charges,

And when there is its Real VICTIMS who are blamed, what part if That example did you Not get? It shows a BLATENT double HYPOCRITICAL standard that is RAMPANT in both our schools and court systems, society. NO one was hurt here, and yet this GOOD female student gets charged with a Felony as if she's some gang banging drug dealer,

Meanwhile little class snit in Football can rape and DESTROY a life Premeditated mind you and not even get charged, THAT was the glaring example of how screwed up our system is...

Duh
edit on 2-5-2013 by ThreeBears because: Spell check correction

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

Smokeless gunpowder invented by a careless chemist (alchemist at the time?) when he wiped up acids with the same rag. The rag went "poof" and voila, an invention that shaped modern history.

Carelessness and recklessness indeed has led to major discovery. Part of life unfortunately, but something we can't be without or we stifle our creativity.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I find this statement a bit delusional. A lot of kids LOVE blowing things up (cf Mentos+Soda), or even rocketry, but it's not an evidence of talent or real inclination to the subject of chemistry beyond curiosity. Some of my friends were building crude DIY firearms when they were kids, none of them are gunsmiths now.

Maybe someone should have put them in a gunsmithing course?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

exactly, there are several things that just scream fascist injustice in this case...one is no doubt in my mind is the BLATENT racism and Using the political situ as an Excuse and cover to go after these kids who dare have any Science initiative. Because its not just "this case". Not to long ago another student Charged for wearing a tee shirt, with a NRA slogan and for five hours nothing was said but one teacher Nazi decided to have the boy arrested...while of course Other slogan shirts are allowed, typical double standard showing a glaring THOUGHT control rather than Educating. Just a strong pet peeve of mine but that one case, among numerous others,

They all have one thing in common...these kids Defy the status quo of "we simply followed Orders". And this is becoming the norm in this fascist bent nation...but worse,

Is here you have a young woman, a girl, with an interest in SCIENCE, Chemistry, which is actually a rare thing these days Because of the dumbing down and Especialy the dumbing down of Females. Which is a DELIBERATE, stratification and so she's getting it from several sides...I doubt seriously that injury or risk of was the driving force to these charges, I doubt it very much. No this was typical backwards over zealousness lets go get us some hooligans and oh look a girl with an experiment why She could be one of those by golly terrorist types and that was EXACTLY how these dumb hicks played this out.

Talk about rolling back the Clock, now every child interested in science or chemistry will have the SS to Fear, so girls,

You might as well don in the apron and bandana and get a crackin out those babies and dint bother your pretty little head about science...Oh but now, emulating Nicki or Beyince, well now, that's just fine,

Cuzz ya know big booty and self denigration makes Corporate Fascists lots of Money!

Yea this is just so wrong on so many levels...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I find this statement a bit delusional. A lot of kids LOVE blowing things up (cf Mentos+Soda), or even rocketry, but it's not an evidence of talent or real inclination to the subject of chemistry beyond curiosity. Some of my friends were building crude DIY firearms when they were kids, none of them are gunsmiths now.

Maybe someone should have put them in a gunsmithing course?

They were free whatever they wanted to do. It was a good school, by the way. All I said there is no correlation between blowing up stuff and having a talent in a discipline XYZ.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
And yes I could articulate better but I'm using an antique I pad that has a keyboard that sticks or auto corrects like no other...so sorry about the horrific grammar and typos. That and Im too lazy to go to the trouble to write/type on my desktop, though I should...but then, web discourse doesn't lead to much anyway, so, sigh. Other than, hey hey an alternative lens here, while there is still a tangent of freedom to be Able to do that, but who knows for how long?!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Smokeless gunpowder invented by a careless chemist (alchemist at the time?) when he wiped up acids with the same rag. The rag went "poof" and voila, an invention that shaped modern history.

Carelessness and recklessness indeed has led to major discovery. Part of life unfortunately, but something we can't be without or we stifle our creativity.

But he might have blown his hand off!

(my god it just sound silly to say that . I cant believe people use that as an excuse to stop intelligent thinkers at a young age.)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

The biggest issue here is that this happened to one person, in one state, and people are screaming on here as though you can all see a checkpoint arriving at the end of the street right now

Get some perspective people, this happened to one person in the US and you're all on here screaming once again about the big bad government coming to take all your guns!

One "and in other news" story does not signify the "end of days" and I wish people here would realize that not everything that happens in the world is part of a massive conspiracy.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When I was a kid we broke into a railroad shed and took some track flairs and exploded them with large rocks - what a BOOM they made! When we got to school it just happened to be the day that a police officer was visiting for a presentation, so me and my two buddies ended up in the principal's office with a cop present. We got a lecture, and that was it.

These days, in the States, my God I can't imagine what would have happened to us.

What's the world come to when a kid can't blow something up or light firecrackers..?

edit on 2-5-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

wrong .

This is endemic in our schools.

Example just this monday.

My son was introduced to a kid he had never know . At lunch that kid (we will call him James) tried to trip my son. when my son confronted James James's friend grabbed my son by the back of the shirt and threw my son into the fence . James then proceed to attack my son.

So ,as told to me by the principle, my son was jumped by 2 students for no good reason that has yet come to light ( these are teens)

My son was promptly arrested along with the other 2 students and taken to a juvinile detention center. Where I was told he may be charged with bullying and was suspended for ten days.

This system that has been instituuted is broken . Its everywhere . Not just this isolated case.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I would love to have her in one of my classes. I much prefer her to the duds who cannot even add or subtract or who do not know how to think.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
reply to post by trollz

I would love to have her in one of my classes. I much prefer her to the duds who cannot even add or subtract or who do not know how to think.

I feel for you...

I used to teach.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Again, that's a non-sequitur. It's one thing to accidentally wipe a table with a rag (not really anticipating any results apart from cleanup), and quite another to fully expect a device to blow up.

I was much into chemistry and all that when I was a kid. I'm just saying there is a good chance that what she did was quite unsafe and illegal. I'm all for experimentation. It needs to be done carefully at times.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You don't see a difference between the example you laid out and this one?

There's a time and place for everything.
16 and in a school playground is not the time to be carelessly playing with chemicals.

That was a chemist in a lab. This is a kid in a schoolyard.

This isn't the freakin 1800s. We know what most of these chemicals do now. That's why you go to school and learn the basics before "playing" around with them to discover new things,and then you do it in a laboratory!
edit on 2-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Please read Billy Meier "Future of Mankind", specifically portions about USA.

The terrorism monster is created by USA itself, by its wrong policies of harbouring and encouraging religious extremists and zealots (allegedly to use for political benefit or to suppress enemies).

Now the monster has hit the homeland. Every citizen is going to be mistrusted. This will be a hell of a time to be in the USA.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Haha.

Anybody reminds Chlorine + Milk in a plastic coke bottle? That was fun back in the days!! Funnier than vinegar and baking soda
but maybe a little more dangerous, I admit.

More on topic : Wow.. i can't believe they would do this to a young mind over something as harmless as that (if it was vinegar and baking soda. not chlorine and milk as this could be really harmful ).

Fear is the master now, submit!

Peace out

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Doesn't surprise me at all. Have you seen the youtube video of a bomb squad blowing up a robot toy horse in a shcool playground?

Have you heard about the boston bomb threat that stopped the city 31st of January 2007? A date that many will... NEVER FORGET???

The people in charge are not very smart.

-rrr

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Americans have been obsessed with what is 'profitable' rather than what is 'right' for a long time now.

The worship of money has destroyed many a civilizations in the past. So I won't be surprised if that is the case for US also.

The worship of money makes a man a monster as he starts justifying evil means via distorted religious and social beliefs. It always starts with people in positions of power and then spreads to the whole society - and all people lose their sense of right and wrong. The eternal and true values of family life, social life and spiritual life are destroyed and replaced with a show of wealth.

The worst part is that 'worship of money' corrupts the soldiers and takes away their will to fight. The nation ultimately falls due to internal dissensions and disputes if not by outright military defeat.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join