It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lot of respect for you ATS'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hello.
Signed up as a member after bookmarking this site year ago or so. I guess the recent thread about introducing yourself worked.

There has been a few threads I would have liked to reply too but the main reason I've watched this site is for the occasional actual informational talk.

There are some smart mother f@#$rs that post here.

Myself I am a skilled tradesman, sheet metal worker. I build things from flat sheets of metal Take a flat sheet of metal and turn it into a 90 degree round elbow isn't something everybody can do.

I enjoy learning about things here you dont hear on MSM... but most of all I enjoy reading threads involving topics I know nothing about. That may sound odd but I feel it really makes your (my) brain work.

So in closing I'm just a normal guy with too much time on his hands sometimes and want to say HI and thanks for being here

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Welcome to ATS, Tinman....

Des

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Here's a welcome cake

My dad used to be a sheet metal worker. Now he works for the union.
Enjoy your stay here

Peace and love
-nat

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS - StannousVII.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great user name and even better because that's what you do!
I appreciate that in a user name .
Anyway...
Welcome, and all those smart MFers around here are
just people and once you argue with them once or twice,
you'll be convinced its you, who was the smart one all along
haha!
edit on 1-5-2013 by sealing because: Had to

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes...

And to Nat, I am in the sheet metal workers union.

So I hope this site isnt filled with the same craiglist unioun bashers lol. but on that note I am posting at 3 pm because we went on strike today.

The biggest issue is the contractors want to switch our health care plan to obamacare.

hopefully it doesnt drag out

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinner07

So I hope this site isnt filled with the same craiglist unioun bashers lol. but on that note I am posting at 3 pm because we went on strike today.

The biggest issue is the contractors want to switch our health care plan to obamacare.

Brother, I'm SAG-AFTRA/IATSE and there are plenty of union haters on ATS, so be prepared!!!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Brother, I'm SAG-AFTRA/IATSE and there are plenty of union haters on ATS, so be prepared!!!

not sure how you put the response you reply to into the cool box so I improvised....

Im guessing most "union haters" have never been a union member, and associate all unions with the UAW

In the Building Trades Union there is no seniority, no job security.... bust your ass or get laid off

We negotiate for a good wage in exchange for a good days work. 27.10 an hour on my check. by no means a get rich quick scheme but a way better deal than min. wage.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Welcome aboard Tinman and enjoy,

I think that this little gift will be quite appropriate :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I will see you around the forums!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

not sure how you put the response you reply to into the cool box so I improvised....

welcome! to do the cool box thingy, reply by hitting the "quote" button on the top right of the post you want to reply to, them when the reply window opens up just highlight the text you want to delete, and delete it! leave the bits in the square brackets and after a few experiments you will get the hang of it,,, its a bit of a rite of passage i guess, but i'm a luddite and i picked it all up in the end

see you around!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Hmm that's interesting, my dad is actually the union rep. He says that you may be striking over a contractor but Obama care is a law that will be starting in 2014.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Welcome to a forbidden place in my mind, only ignorance exists there, but my eyes cannot deny what they see. Been here too long, don't end up like me. Peace, Xenongod

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS
Just make sure you do not go too far down the rabbit hole

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hey Rodinus love the hat but sad to say the metallic hats are outlawed in construction. but I thank you for posting that

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

Hmm that's interesting, my dad is actually the union rep. He says that you may be striking over a contractor but Obama care is a law that will be starting in 2014.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

[

maybe got it now???
we are striking against all the signatory contractors...not just one. we have self funded health care. Local 7 zone 1 michigan

new topics

top topics

join