It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity what Jesus would have wanted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You're not mistaken, but it seems like you are in some way trying to imply that the OT has no relevance for believers today?

That is correct.
I am not 'in some way trying to imply', but DIRECTLY saying that the OT has no relevance today.
It was 'recorded' by a bunch of people who had no idea what was going on around them and attributed everything to a 'jealous and vengeful God.'
And, we have NO WAY of knowing if the things written were accurately translated - or that the things 'originally stated' were the 'word of God.' Personally, I don't believe any of them. How could a mere human know what the Almighty wants?

It's archaic, antiquated, and irrelevant to today's world.
Nevertheless, thank you for your civil responses to my questions and posts.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That is just the pinnacle of ignorance. To actually claim that people in those times 'had no idea what was going on around them'. What you're doing is basically calling them stupid, you are trying to paint a picture that they were bronze age cave men running around not knowing anything. But that will not wash because history shows us something different. I guess Noah must be dumb to have built an ocean liner with no modern equipment. Or the Egyptians building the pyramids cutting huge rocks with precession cutting techniques. Lets not forgot the tower of babel, a megastructure said to have been taller than the Burj Khalifa skyscraper in Dubai.

God has preserved His Word without error. The dead sea scrolls prove the Old Testament accuracy that we have today in our bibles. The Dead Sea Scroll manuscripts clearly demonstrate that through about a thousand years there was essentially no significant alteration in the text. The scribes who transcribed the text of the Bible were so meticulous – they had such high standards of accuracy, counting every word and every letter of every word, dotting each "i" and crossing each "t", so to speak – that one may be absolutely certain the Old Testament text available to scholars today is in essence the same as the originals. The Dead Sea Scrolls are an incontrovertible archaeological confirmation that this is the case.

The evidence for the reliability of the New Testament is equally as strong with only approximately a 250-year gap between the original manuscripts and the copies currently available.

We can Know what our Creator wants because the Bible is God’s revelation to man, and He has revealed His word to us which has been accurately recorded and preserved throughout the centuries. More specifically He wants to know us personally through a relationship with Christ.

edit on 13-5-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

To actually claim that people in those times 'had no idea what was going on around them'. What you're doing is basically calling them stupid, you are trying to paint a picture that they were bronze age cave men running around not knowing anything.

Nope! They were bronze age shepherd nomads, who had no knowledge of modern scientific understanding.

Oh, and I'm not ignorant. But thanks anyway.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Yes, I saw.
You have a very warped idea, in my opinion, of what Jesus was trying to teach.
It was not about "fear". It was about being altruistic, humble, and giving.

He NEVER demanded worship. (Yes, I'm aware that you said he "welcomed" it.)

Not sure he 'welcomed' the lepers so much; as they were very demanding.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

That is not true. Jesus openly accepted worship because he is God.

Where did you hear that, please?

This is first time I ever heard Jesus actually proclaiming himself God. If his deciples called him so he would always correct them to the contrary. He was a great opponant to the idea of 'worship', as it misleads and potencially can harm through manipulation (by another posing in falsehood). His thought as I see it is a personal relationship with whom you believe to be your creator; an individual realization. He was the messenger; that is all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join