It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I helped a friend / family member "cross over" last night

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

Thanks for taking the time to give me a detailed response, I appreciate it. This is a really interesting event,you should definitely write it down so you don't forget, and sometimes when you write things out you remember more details. I wonder if you could have convinced him to not go to the other side but return with you? (and having him wake up back in his body) Now that would be something.

And regarding this, " I don't know if it was different maybe due to him killing himself or what?" Well I just re read one of your post and it seems like he really didn't wan't to kill himself, but successfully did, so maybe because it was an accidental suicide he didn't get punished? Interesting indeed.

I hope you get your energy back

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

so maybe because it was an accidental suicide he didn't get punished? Interesting indeed.

Why would a loving god punish this man? His dire situation, in which he took his life, the loss of decades more time with his family and friends -- not punishment enough? Interesting god.

Don't a lot of you religious folk just have to repent (sounds like he had some regret) or even simply acknowledge that we're all sinners to get off the hook? :-P

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Beautiful story!

I wish him the best.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I was always afraid if I committed suicide I would turn into a tree like an Dante's Inferno. Now it seems it's not that bad. Let's just say for example, heaven/hell does exist. Just for fun. What do you guys think of suicides going to heaven? In Dantes Inferno people who commit acts of violence against themselves are sent to Hell and turned into a tree for an eternity.

I guess asking this question is pointless because we will never know, but hey it's 5 A.M and I just got down writing a paper for a class. And I think I have to pull an all nighter because my alarm never wakes me up because I'm a dead log when I sleep, you literally have to punch me in the face to wake me.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Wow, what totally parallel link you sent describing the park setting and how it really isn't officially "Heaven", but made to make the newly deceased comfortable. That is the impression in my head I got. Like the food/banquet that they wouldn't actually eat (this is why he was touching the food, he was interested in the texture).

Thank you for the links and info on OBE! I will try it sometime and report back

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

We can't judge, we are not the Creator. We don't know the full set of circumstances. Yes, it's terrible, it's bad, life is a gift.

God is our Creator. Man is religion. Man is the one making up humanly rules. People DO GO TO HEAVEN when they commit suicide, nobody can tell me different. I witnessed it myself. I know it defies what certain religions might say, but that is one slice into a bigger picture.

Feel bad for the person which is so distraught that he/she chooses death over life. There are many reasons this happens, we just don't know until we are faced with our ultimate demon what we might do. You just don't know what you would do if your worst nightmare came true.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

It's not that simple, take your life and go to Heaven. What can happen from what I've read is your karma could be affected and you pay the price in another way. While our Creator is the ultimate loving being, he's also fair. Life is a classroom and we are here to learn and grown. If we bail out before that time, we pay in another way.

Just my two cents...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RoundAbout

I very much believe in God. I didn't sense God per say, it's like being in a country where you know someone is running it at a much higher level than what you can witness. I knew it was the "after life" and there was/is authority there, such as the instructions in my head to help him understand he died and needed to go to to his family. I didn't question it for a minute. The thought never entered my mind to tell him to fight through it and come back to his body and we'd work through it. I never had that idea. I just knew.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

I just responded to another post that the idea of encouraging him to go back to his body never entered my mind. I was tasked to help him understand he died and he needed to go to his waiting family. There was no questioning that task. It's like being at work and being told to do a project by your boss. You like your boss, you like your work, you like your teammates. Why would you fight it? It was the task at hand and there was no other option. I got the feeling it was the only choice he had, there was no going back.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I truly believe you have done this and you were chosen to help him, it is good to know he is with family and will now have to heal on the other side before whatever next step's lie ahead in his existence.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story, OP. I totally believe you and can relate to your experience. It was not a dream, in that it was a product of your subconscious. It really happened. You were really talking to him and guiding him and helping him let go.

Did you, by any chance, remember the immediate dream you had before dreaming with him? Perhaps with the sea, dolphins, whales or any other sea mammal?

My best friend was murdered and I was also commissioned to letting him know that he was dead. During a whole week I had the most intense dreams I've ever had in my entire life with him. I could sense that he was very angry and still wanted to be alive. He was furious over the fact that he was murdered and couldn't experience his body anymore. He didn't want to cross over.

In the course of that week, I met him every night in my dreams where little by little we would talk about what had happened. The scenario was different every night. Once was in the forest, others at his place with the rest of my friends, once in a public office and the last time, when he finally let go, outside of a restaurant.

The creepiest part was that I was studying a Masters in London at the time, and the first night I dreamt with him, I still didn't know that he had been murdered. Due to the time difference, he was being murdered while I was asleep and dreaming with him! I remember waking up the next morning thinking "I have to call Ro, it's been two weeks since I arrived here and I still haven't talked to him". Later that day my brother called me to tell me what had happened, and then it sunk in.

The reason I asked you if you dreamt with the sea and dolphins, is because in the course of that week, every single night I would first start dreaming that I was in the ocean, swimming with dolphins or whales, watching them underwater with a sense of awe and respect. I had never before (or since) had repetitive dreams, so I investigated what that meant. Why always, before dreaming with my murdered friend, I would first dream with dolphins and whales.

What I found was that the sea represents the world of the spirits and that dolphins and whales are mammals that still breathe air (i.e. they initially were land creatures) but that somehow now live in the water. Indeed, they are beings that are still connected with the land of air (i.e. the living) but live in the realm of water (i.e. the dead, the spirits). They are channels that link both worlds.

Hence, when you dream with sea mammals it means that you yourself are becoming a channel between both worlds, communicating with the dead for some reason (in our case, to helping them come to terms with their new reality).

I swear for everything that I hold sacred, that I am not kidding you and all this really happened.

That is why I know what you went through was real. You should feel blessed and lucky.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

I don't remember dreaming before, days before or even last night. It's all blank.

Your story is incredible. My friend/family member was also shocked (not so much really angry, just flat out stunned he was dead). He was so surprised he killed himself. I knew he didn't want to kill himself, it was an act out of total dispair and I think he thought his family members who were in the house (he hung himself on their front porch) would find him well before he died, or during the tying of the noose. He didn't actually tell me those details, it's just a feeling I have about how shocked he was that he was dead and actually succeeded at suicide.

If I end up dreaming about whales or the sea, I will let you know. Thank you for sharing your story as well. I'm also sorry about your friend's passing. You were commissioned to do an awe inspiring deed helping your friend. I know, as I feel, there is peace to that knowing that the after life truly exists!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I want to say that I entirely believe your story - and would also like to recommend some fantastic book(s) called Joerney of Souls and Destiny of Souls as well as the excellent NDE books by Chris Carter. They can answer a lot of questions.

I think your experience was truly remarkable.

As for some who have questions about suicide and the (so called) afterlife....it is my understanding that it depends on the particular circumstances. NORMALLY, suicide is not seen as something "great" in the Afterlife since it is seen as an easy way out rather than completing and facing the challenges of life. Life and all its challenges and hardships are actually chosen in advance with the goal to learn lessons and to grow.

See it like...say you plan a big trip hiking to a far destination....this is your ultimate goal, but midway you give up and take a bus

Then again it is important that in the "afterlife" there is no judgement, eg. the suicide is not seen as "negative" or a bad thing...simply as a missed opportunity to use THIS life as a way to grow and learn. So basically, next life, new attempt..hopefully get it right in the next life.

I liked your description of meeting relatives and the food, this also perfectly matches what's in those books where it is said that we as souls can well create things, including foods - especially in the early stages as a way to make it "easier" for people who just died, in the same way as we can choose our physical appearance as souls.

I really recommend people to read those books.

edit on 2-5-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
reply to post by Kang69

It's not that simple, take your life and go to Heaven. What can happen from what I've read is your karma could be affected and you pay the price in another way. While our Creator is the ultimate loving being, he's also fair. Life is a classroom and we are here to learn and grown. If we bail out before that time, we pay in another way.

Just my two cents...

I wouldn't directly say "pay"...merely that you "wasted" a life and missed the opportunity to learn. The person/soul in question MIGHT actually have chosen that life in advance with the ultimate goal to overcome and master the problems - sadly the he couldn't do it since (at first glance) a revoked AC license and DUI seems rather minor and not really a reason to commit suicide. From so many problems in life, illnesses, loss of relatives etc. I really see this as solvable and this is why it's sad he killed himself over this.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
didn't wan't to kill himself, but successfully did, so maybe because it was an accidental suicide he didn't get punished?

"Punished"? By whom?

If you are still amongst those backwards people who believe in punishment you are entirely wrong. There is no punishment not even "judgment" in any sense in the afterlife, let alone by the creator.

Lives are chosen most of the time in advance, this can even include horrible tragedies and things which can happen. WHY are such lives chosen? Because without hardships, death and tragedy we COULD NOT evolve and grow. Negative things are fundamental for us to learn and grow - it's the prime PURPOSE of your physical life/lives in the first place.(Religions which make up a horror stories about hell and punishment are doing nothing else but lying or work towards whatever Earthly agenda - what the religions tell you MOSTLY has nothing to do with reality about our true purpose/existence - respective is so distorted the entire meaning is getting lost).

edit on 2-5-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is so true. I remember when I was in my late 20's, I was a fairly new manager and I remember a few people I managed ended up getting divorced. I had a higher-than-thou attitude about it, thinking the person was weak if they ended up divorcing, or weak if they acted depressed.

My turn was next, and not to long after those judgmental thoughts, I went through a very difficult divorce. It helped form who I am today, in a much better way. There are many situations in life that I (and others) could share that helped form a better, more sympathetic, caring individual as a result.

Hence, life is a classroom and we need both good and bad to evolve spiritually.
edit on 2-5-2013 by curiouswa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What a blessing to have been chosen to help this individual. I have tears in my eyes after reading this. One, because of the emotional pain he must have been suffering to take such drastic steps; and two, because you seem to be so sweet and genuine and it uplifts me spiritually to hear this story you have shared with us. Thank you.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I found your story very interesting, thanks for sharing

I have a similar story in terms of the dream. My parents house has always had activity that we can not explain including two sightings of a girl (described as looking like my sister). At the time we had lived there for around four years.

As my mothers friend was saying her good byes as she was leaving our house after calling round one day, my mother jokingly shouted “ who ever is haunting my house, please go home and haunt my friend instead ”

After the weekend whilst my mother was picking my brother up from school, she ran into her friend that had been at our house. She said to my mum that she had the strangest yet very realistic dream the night she left our house.

She went on to say a girl came to her in the dream to pass on a message to my mother, in that she doesn't want to scare anyone in our house and that she just wants to live and grow up with us, and to tell my mother that she knows her and her name is Jane. Now Jane is my mums sister who died of cot death aged ten months. And my mother has never told her friend about Jane. She also said that when my sister has a birthday so does she. Does this mean she wants to grow up before she finally moves on as she never got the chance ?

My mother showed a picture of Jane to her friend and she said that the girl who visited her was defiantly the girl in the picture, she said it was the eyes, Jane had very big eyes. Also, one person that described seeing the ghost girl in our house said she had big eyes. I wonder if its possible for those who have not yet moved on, are able to visit us in our dreams, or is it a minority of people that can do this. Why did Jane just not visit my mother or another relative

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I believe your story and I think your experience was real.

I too had a similar experience about 10 years ago. A friend of mine, whom I hadn't seen in almost 10 years, died in a car accident. She was a friend of our family and I would see her frequently in my younger years, then you know, life happens and sometimes we lose touch with people. Anyway, I went to the funeral, spoke with her surviving sisters, went through all those phases of grief...yet three months after her death I still wasn't feeling right about it. It bothered me, it didn't sit well with me, I wasn't sleeping and I thought about her all the time. I had a lot of anger and unsettled feelings about how she died. One night I experienced what I will call a dream, but it didn't feel like a dream, it felt like it was really happening just as this moment is with me here at my computer. I was in a totally black void, not threatening at all, just total darkness for no more than 15 seconds. Then the most beautiful white and golden light opened up in front of my, like the darkness was just split apart. I felt the warmest, most beautiful feeling. I felt love, pure love, and the light was dancing around much like a curtain blowing in the breeze. She stepped out of this light, wearing what I thought were white robes, but I couldn't really tell where her garments ended and where the light was, like she was bathed in the light. She was smiling, and she said I can't stay, I'm not supposed to be here, but I want you to stop worrying about me, I'm ok...I was too dumbstruck to respond, but I was smiling the whole while...then she stepped back into the light, leaving me in the void. I didn't want the light to go away, and then I woke up immediately and I was crying, and I felt relief like I have never felt before, literally like an elephant being lifted off my shoulders. I've been at peace with her death ever since.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
A long time dear friend and cousin of my ex husband hung himself last night.
I haven't spoke to him in 10 years. When I divorced his cousin, we just lost
touch.

I received a call he died by hanging himself yesterday. In my dream, he came to me
and we were in a park setting. I was over joyed to see him. We were talking
telepathically. I was tasked to tell him or help him understand he died. I told him
that he was dead. He was shocked. He said (in my head) he didn't think he
would actually die. He thought he would botch his suicide somehow.
He was trying to take it in that he was dead.

There was a long table of food with everyone's favorite dishes. I asked why the
food as they don't eat. I was told in my head, it's more symbolic to make him
(and newly departed) feel comfortable and normal.

About 50 family members were waiting for him. He was hesitant to go to them.

I asked him why he killed himself? He said his air conditioning / heating contractor
license was revoked and he had a few DUIs. He said he couldn't support himself.
He saw no other way out. I told him to go to his family. He was younger looking, around
28 or 32 years old (he was 52 yrs old). He went to his waiting family. That is
when I woke up. It was 5 am PST.

I looked up his air conditioning license immediately
when I woke up, and his air cond license WAS REVOKED!
I then looked up to see if he had DUIs and he had two!!!

My (grown) daughter called and said he actually
died this morning at 5 am PST! That is the same
time I encouraged him to go be with his deceased
family. Apparently, he was in intensive care all night
after hanging himself, but didn't officially die until 5 am today!

I've never had a dream where I helped someone
cross over! I feel at peace knowing he is truly in Heaven!
I also feel honored to be asked to help and witness
something so awe inspiring!

The spirit of man goes to God to face judgement what you were dealing with in your dream was not your friend but a devil disguised as your friend trying to deceive you. I bet there are other instances in your life that these devils have been trying to communicate with you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join