It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle between the Hearts and the Heads (Reps & Dems)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Was this election a battle between our Hearts and our Heads? It seems to me that the main difference between the candidates was heart-related emotional issues vs. head-related logical issues. We "felt safer" with George Bush. We had a good feeling about him. We feared the terrorists. We fear the homosexuals. All of these emotional things are more important to us than those other issues that John Kerry kept beating us over the 'head' with. Ouch.

And now that George Bush won, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. I don't know about you all, but George Bush gives me a "good feeling" and thats all that matters when you really get down to it. Our hearts are warmed, and our heads will cool.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by jupiter869]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Since the last paragraph doesn't dovetail with the first.
Absolutely right: Logic was overriden by emotion, for anyone voting Bush.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I was listening to Neil Rogers today
and he was reading something about how a study basically showed people with higher iq's, compassion and hope for change voted Kerry and well you know the rest.

So I would have to agree the Heart did win over the Brain in this battle, people really should use their brains more often and think things through, if they did, they wouldn't be rushing blindly to judgement as they often do when they think with their hearts.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Was this election a battle between our Hearts and our Heads? It seems to me that the main difference between the candidates was heart-related emotional issues vs. head-related logical issues. We "felt safer" with George Bush. We had a good feeling about him. We feared the terrorists. We fear the homosexuals. All of these emotional things are more important to us than those other issues that John Kerry kept beating us over the 'head' with. Ouch.

And now that George Bush won, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. I don't know about you all, but George Bush gives me a "good feeling" and thats all that matters when you really get down to it. Our hearts are warmed, and our heads will cool.

Jupiter869,

I think that many if not most Bush supporters would say that their heart AND head helped determine their vote.

Do you want flash or do you want resolve? Do you want style or do you want content?

Resolve and content won out over flash and style.

America's enemies are much more afraid of Bush than Kerry. Which is to the advantage of all the Americans who prefer not to go through another 9/11.

Odd

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Anybody claiming that all, or even a sizable majority of, intelligent people supported one candidate or the other in this election has some serious issues to work out.

Most Liberals I know beleive, to one extent or another, that people are more complex than can be summarized in a stereotype. However, all I've seen on ATS this week are whining liberals typecasting all conservatives as uneducated hicks.

Way to go, guys... can't even stick to the few sound elements of your own platform

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
america is very similar to the 'reich's' of the past, which emperor you vote for has very little effect on how the empire is run.

you dont change the system by changing the emperor you change the system by changing the system(beast).

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Absolutely right: Logic was overriden by emotion, for anyone voting Bush.

I do hope you don't actually believe what you say, or you're no better than the man you profess to hate.

"We have a saying where I come from: Wanted, Dead or Anti-Bush"

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I was listening to Neil Rogers today
and he was reading something about how a study basically showed people with higher iq's, compassion and hope for change voted Kerry and well you know the rest.

Did you check to actually see if that study is real or reliable? Because the IQ one ahs been disproven so many times I'm amazed an ATSNN reporter is still repeating it without checking on it herself.

[edit on 11-4-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bottom line, the heart felt reasons to vote for Bush overrode the logical reasons not to. It is VERY hard to go beyond what your heart tells you when your brain tells you to do something else.

Sorta like the Bad Idea Bears from Avenue Q.

top topics

join