It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans feeling isolationist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Found this piece rather intriguing.

www.nytimes.com...

but the best part of it was this,

" a broad 70 percent majority favors the use of remotely piloted aircraft, or drones, to carry out bombing attacks against terrorism suspects in foreign countries."

idk what all of you think but 70% just seems rather high, lol, everyone I know is against using drones like that mostly. Also I'd just like to toss this out there, what is ever one on the states view on being isolationist and drone use?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by timewarpedbrain7

Ah yes government backed polls just like that 90% support gun control crowd remember? and as for Americans feeling isolationist?

Ok so what do those Americans want? an World War?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's one of those areas where if it's not being used on you
it is ok. I think 70% approval is about what I heard as well.

Also it's been been proven right here on good ol ATS;
that when your not the president ,but want to be,
like say Rand Paul....your against drones,
but if there was the chance he would take over as prez
suddenly it's ok to kill people robbing a liquor store.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Not surprised at all of the isolationist streak. I agree that the 70% number seems a little high though but that could be just because my pocket of peers do not like drones at all so it could be my peer group skewing my perceptions. The 70% was also very specific in its use in the article.

a broad 70 percent majority favors the use of remotely piloted aircraft, or drones, to carry out bombing attacks against terrorism suspects in foreign countries.

So, not using them to make full on war in foreign countries though it's still disturbing that they are willing to kill suspects and not just people that are proven guilty of terrorism.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
And we wonder why so many foreign countries hate us...

I, too, think that the 70% number is a bit high, but then again I know better than to underestimate the stupidity of the average person.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What happens when other countries develope their own drone tech? We can expect the same revisited upon us. We need to leave people alone. Karma is real. Would we want someone dropping bombs on our heads?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

I've though about exactly what you said and that's scary. Think about this what if another country had them first and used them here how terrified everyone would be.

top topics

join