It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by pennylemon

My point exactly.
Uh, so, how many people do YOU know with that PERSONALIZED license plate? The kids father also said it was just a joke. That would be like a redneck with a COON KILLER #1 or a Black panther CRACKERBREAKER #1 as their license plates...yeah, just a joke.

so, we just take the accused word now, right?
edit on 1-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

As I was saying in my earlier response, This is NOT a personalized plate. I never said I thought it was funny, nor am I inclined at this time to judge their innocence or guilt here. It does however refer to the song "Harlem Shake" and is part of the phrase "Keep calm con Los Terrorista # Harlem Shake", and yes in light of recent events this would seem like a stupid plate. Again, it is what it is.

Penny

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

It is hard to believe that the public would continue to believe that the official story of Boston is the correct one. The elite know that Americans are dumbed down. When you watch Jay Leno interviewing people on the street about the state of the union it is almost impossible to conceptualize that this same nation produces the most advanced technology known to man. America is truly an intellectual dichotomy; unfortunately there is a surplus of morons and a deficiency of intellectuals and everybody can vote .
Once again after Waco, Oklahoma City, Ruby Ridge, AlQaeda, 9/11, The Detroit Crotch Bomber, you are once again asked to remove your thinking cap and consume more spun rhetoric.
The objective here, in part, is to vilify muslims once again so that they can ultimately start the clash of civilizations. Why is it always the muslims portrayed as the bad guys. Why do Americans panic and want to get out of the airplane if they spot a turban among the passengers. The answer is simple; they buy into the propaganda. Most Americans are still naive enough to believe that intellectual lightweight G.W and his conclusion that "the muslims hate us for our freedoms". Volataire wrote "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." This guy died in 1778 and zionists didn't exist then but he nevertheless understood who the bad guys were; but then again, he wasn't subjected to 24/7 media propaganda and the doctrine of being politically correct. If you still can't get who the bad guy's are figure out who wants to make their enemies (muslims) our enemies. Bingo! It's called critical thinking, which is a lost art, kind of like using a slide rule or making buggy whips.
I will not even begin to contemplate the official story until suspect #2 stands trial in front of a jury of 12 impartial jurors. They authorities have already charged him with using a weapon of mass destruction so a fair trial is out of the question especially with so many bought off politicians clamoring to take away his miranda rights. Boston, I believe is the transition point to acclimatize the dumbed down public to accept home grown terrorists as the new enemy and most will buy the spin. This is how the elite view the sheeple and rightfully so. I couldn't say it better than the late George Carlin did. www.youtube.com... People refuse to wake up. Lord please push the reset button and take away their TV's.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
here is an update www.boston.com... in full

Two Kazakh men, one other, arrested for allegedly helping suspect after Boston Marathon bombings
E-mail | Print | Comments (252) 05/01/2013 1:40 PM

Image taken from Dias Kadyrbayev’s Web page

Two of the three men charged, Dias Kadyrbayev, center, and Azamat Tazhayakov, left, posed with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

By John R. Ellement, Todd Wallack, Maria Sacchetti and Martin Finucane, Globe Staff

Two men from Kazakhstan and a third man have been arrested by federal authorities in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings, a law enforcement official familar with the case said this morning.

The two men, Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, came to America from the Central Asian nation to study at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was also enrolled. The law enforcement official did not release the name of the third person arrested.

The three people arrested were connected to Tsarnaev, 19, the surviving bomb suspect, at the university and allegedly helped him after the bombing, a different source told the Globe.

The Boston police Web page said that three additional “suspects” had been taken into custody. It emphasized that there was no threat to public safety.

Harlan J. Protass, a criminal lawyer from New York who is representing Tazhayakov, confirmed today that Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev were taken into custody.

“I can confirm that Azamat and Dias were two of the three individuals that the Boston police tweeted about,” he said, adding, “They are going to be charged criminally.” He said he did not know what the charges were but cautioned against jumping to conclusions.

Police said additional details would be provided later. No news conference was scheduled, though reporters converged on the federal courthouse in Boston, expecting a court appearance by the defendants this afternoon. Neither the FBI nor the US attorney’s office in Boston immediately had a comment.

Tsarnaev is facing federal charges of using a weapon of mass destruction and malicious destruction of property resulting in death in the twin bombings that struck near the Marathon finish line on April 15. His brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was killed in a confrontation with police in Watertown several days afterward as the two tried to flee the area. Police say they were trying to subdue him after a shootout when his brother ran him over in a desperate escape.

Authorities say the Tsarnaevs also killed an MIT police officer as they tried to escape. No charges have been filed yet in that case.

The White House and law enforcement authorities have previously suggested that the Tsarnaevs may have acted alone without clear ties to foreign governments or terrorist groups.

But investigators have continued to eye other people who knew the brothers to see if they provided them with any help before or after the attacks. Shortly after the brothers were identified, investigators questioned Tazhayakov, Kadyrbayev, and a third college friend of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev appeared before a federal immigration judge this morning on charges they overstayed their student visas.

Lawyers for the men said at the hearing the men had cooperated with Homeland Security and FBI investigators for hours and were only college buddies with Dzhohkar Tsarnaev and should be released.

The men are being detained in the Suffolk County jail and appeared before Judge Steven F. Day via videoconference, wearing prison scrubs, from the jail. The consul of Kazakhstan, other representatives, as well as US government officials were in the court.

The hearing marked the men’s first court appearance since immigration officials arrested and jailed them 11 days ago in New Bedford.

The hearing raised questions about why the men were allowed to stay in the United States if their visas were allegedly invalid.

Kadyrbayev, who had studied engineering, was dismissed from UMass after the fall semester, but stayed in the United States. His lawyers argued that he should be allowed to leave the United States voluntarily. A hearing on Kadyrbayev’s case will be held on May 22.

Tazhayakov, an economics major, had his visa terminated on Jan. 4, but he was allowed to reenter the country on Jan. 20 in New York, the judge said in court. The discrepancy puzzled Judge Day. “That doesn’t make any sense,” he said. Day set a bail hearing for Tazhayakov for May 9.

A UMass Dartmouth official confirmed Kadyrbayev was no longer enrolled in school while Tazhayakov was still registered for classes.

The Tsarnaev brothers lived in Kyrgyzstan, which neighbors Kazakhstan. People in both countries speak Russian because they all lived in the former Soviet Union, where the official language was Russian.

FBI agents have also questioned Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s widow, Katherine Russell, for hours to find out what she knows about the plot. Investigators were seen leaving her parents’ home, where Russell has been staying, with bags on Monday.

FBI agents also wanted to collect a DNA sample from Russell to compare with female DNA found on a bomb fragment. The female DNA also could have come from many other sources, including a store clerk who sold some of the raw ingredients in the bomb or a spectator at the race. Russell’s attorney said both she and her family were shocked by the events and are doing everything they can to cooperate with law enforcement.

The agency has also questioned Mikhail “Misha” Allakhverdov, the mysterious Muslim friend that the bombing suspects’ relatives blamed for helping to radicalize Tamerlan Tsarnaev. Allakhverdov has denied he had anything to do with the bombing and has said he has not seen Tamerlan Tsarnaev in years.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev traveled to Russia for about six months in 2012, raising questions whether he received any training there on how to construct the bombs.
it seems the FBI is looking at everyone connected to them, and if there is a lie or depict they will make arrests its not nice to lie to a Fed.
edit on 1-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I'm not sure what inference you are trying to make here. It is what it is. I am neither asserting their guilt or innocence. I'm just pointing out that this licence plate has nothing to do with it.

I guess I was asking if you knew them personally so I could verify that you actually knew what meaning it held for them. Since you don't know any of them personally, I can't see how you would know what was in their heads for sure when they put the plate on the car.

If I wanted to, I could purchase a plate like it and put it on my car... but I have never heard the Harlem Shake song, see my point? ( and I am not a terrorist, so it goes both ways!)
No big deal, I just don't know how we can be sure it was connected to the song, by them.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Are you implying that because you don't see it in the Google Shopping section it must not be popular ? It is also not a fashion statement I would choose for myself as I am neither young nor am I a fan of bandwagons in general. I am also not saying that these particular kids didn't read more into this. I am saying that this song, and this phrase in particular is Very popular becoming a viral meme in February of this year and spent 5 weeks in the number 1 position on the Billboard Top 100 charts. That tells me that it is in fact popular.

I am also not sure what you meant by #2. I am also not sure why this is so important to you. There are points of substance on both sides of the discussion, and IMO this is not one of them.

Penny

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I'm not sure what inference you are trying to make here. It is what it is. I am neither asserting their guilt or innocence. I'm just pointing out that this licence plate has nothing to do with it.

I guess I was asking if you knew them personally so I could verify that you actually knew what meaning it held for them. Since you don't know any of them personally, I can't see how you would know what was in their heads for sure when they put the plate on the car.

If I wanted to, I could purchase a plate like it and put it on my car... but I have never heard the Harlem Shake song, see my point? ( and I am not a terrorist, so it goes both ways!)
No big deal, I just don't know how we can be sure it was connected to the song, by them.

That is my point precisely, we cant know what they were thinking so why would we continue to use this plate as an example of their possible guilt. It does go both ways.

Penny

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A New York Post article from 4-21-13 says that a young woman was questioned along with two men.

The photo showed the BMW parked next to a Chevy as if the two cars were about to race. A caption read, “Place your bets.”

The license plate is not official. It’s a novelty plate that could be bought in a gift shop.

Two of Dzhokhar’s pals at UMass Dartmouth, who neighbors said rent or lease the car, were arrested by federal officials yesterday afternoon for immigration violations.

The students, who sources identified only by their first names, Azamat and Dias, face deportation.

“They were in there for a while and then they took [the boys] away very quietly,” a neighbor said of the activity at the Hidden Brook Apartments. The duo and a young woman had initially been picked up for questioning by local police and FBI agents Friday, but were later released.

NY Post

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It is being reported now (WCVB TV News) that the according to the current court documents, investigators found a back pack containing suspect #2's laptop in the New Bedford landfill. the backpack was hidden insde a black plastic garbage bag. Inside the backpack itself, besides the laptop were fireworks, a jar of vaseline, and a UMass Dartmouth homework assignment sheet belonging to the suspect. IT is believed this is the evidence that suspects #3, #4, and #5 are being charged with assisting in the disposal after the marathon bombings.

ETA: Image showing the fireworks found i the disposed backpack from the landfill that suspects #3, #4, and#5 have confessed to dumping for suspect #2. This photo is listed as part of the criminal complaint filed today

edit on 1-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

Link to the Criminal Complaint against AzamatTazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Really? Throw away your homework with your name on it along with incriminating evidence? And it took three friends to help carry some vaseline, fireworks, laptop, and homework?
edit on 1-5-2013 by thegrayman123 because: added second thought

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

That doesn't look like enough fireworks to provide enough powder to blow up a coffee mug, much less two pressure cookers.
Just saying.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Those 3 aren't a cell:

They were more concerned with covering up for him which is freaking pathetic.

Throwing a backpack away, and the FED's spent days searching a landfill for it.

I'd be peaved, and charge them with obstruction to.

Just killed 3 people and mamed 200 people, "hey fellas let's go scrub Tsarnaev's room".

Meh

edit on 1-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I find the third suspect arrested interesting. Robel Phillipos.

Absent: Louis DePasquale, Nancy Tauber, Cheyenne Jones, Dennis Keefe, Charlotte Avant, Robel Phillipos, Humbi Song

We held a meeting on March 9 among all the department heads and co-chairs of the Strategic Plan subcommittees. Each subcommittee will, by April 15, decide on five existing pieces of data for the Council to include in its upcoming printed report and two pieces of data we would hope to develop. Julie Wilson, of Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, was at that meeting, and I’m glad to have her back in the loop on this process.

www.cambridgema.gov... 1.ashx

Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government tied to Robel Phillipos. Who is also tied to Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government? Robert Zoellick. He has been tied to many things that have had problems in the past. Aspen Institute, World Bank, Fannie Mae just before the crash. Mitt Romney Campaign before that crash, Enron at the same time as the Bombers Uncle before that crash, Adviser to Bush, Even tried to get Clinton to invade Iraq before Bush took office.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a lot of connections here? And why was Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government interested in these people which included Robel Phillipos?

Uncles past as a CIA asset smuggling funds into Chechnya for anti Russian campaign.

Mr. Ruslan Z. Tsarni, a U.S. citizen, has over 10 years of professional experience in oil and gas legislation and corporate law. Previously, Mr. Tsarni served as Corporate Counsel of Nelson Resources Limited Group of companies, as well as Managing Director of several of its operating subsidiaries, responsible for all matters relating to corporate governance and placements and filing requirements under the securities regulations of Toronto Stock Exchange and AIM.He worked with financial institutions and banks on raising funds for acquisition and development of the assets operated by Nelson's subsidiaries, as well as managed legal and administrative matters for all such subsidiaries.From 1999 to 2001, Mr. Tsarni worked as Head of Legal Affairs of Golden Eagle Partners LLC where he developed downstream and upstream oil and gas businesses in Kazakhstan and served as Managing Director of its wholly owned subsidiary Tobe LLP.From 1998 to 1999 Mr. Tsarni worked as Senior Associate with Salans Hertzfeld & Heilbronn providing legal advise to major multinational companies on different aspects of Kazakhstan legal issues on development of mineral resources, corporations, taxation, currency, customs, employment, banking, bankruptcy and trade marks.From 1994 to 1996, Mr. Tsarni served as a consultant for Financial Markets International LLC and Arthur Andersen LLP contracted by USAID for projects aimed to develop securities markets in Central Asia, where he trained corporate governance and corporate finance principals to state and private companies. Nelson Resources Officers www.nelsonresources.com, 7 Mar 2005 [cached] Ruslan TsarniCorporate CounselBefore joining Nelson Resources Ltd. in October 2000 as Legal Counsel, Mr. Tsarni has held senior legal positions in his 10-year career working with entities such as USAID, Salans Hertzfeld & Heilbronn and Golden Eagle Partners.

www.zoominfo.com...
edit on 1-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayman123
Really? Throw away your homework with your name on it along with incriminating evidence? And it took three friends to help carry some vaseline, fireworks, laptop, and homework?

It as suspects #3, #4, and #5 that threw away the backpack (not suspect #2). They, apparently panicked when they heard suspect #2 was involved, and threw it in the dumpster AT THEIR APARTMENT building! These folks are not masterminds, but stupid scared young college students.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Krakatoa

That doesn't look like enough fireworks to provide enough powder to blow up a coffee mug, much less two pressure cookers.
Just saying.

Yes, I agree. But, there was another bag of "emptied fireworks" discovered earlier in a clothing donation container in Cambridge. So, I would suspect the discarded tubes might be strewn in multiple locations at this point. If I were the Feds, I'd also be searching the Malden area as well.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

It as suspects #3, #4, and #5 that threw away the backpack (not suspect #2). They, apparently panicked when they heard suspect #2 was involved, and threw it in the dumpster AT THEIR APARTMENT building! These folks are not masterminds, but stupid scared young college students.

That would make more sense. Source? Sorry if I missed it.

Never mind, I got it.
edit on 1-5-2013 by thegrayman123 because: source found

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

That would make more sense. Source? Sorry if I missed it.

Ahh., look up a little bit to find your answer in my post here where it states this in the Federal Criminal Complaint you can read for yourself.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

well it is, you have to know black powder and gun powder it helps if your a reloaded of ammo , thank the good lord it was not smokeless then it would have been a lot, heck of a lot more than 3 dead and 200 injured, try 100 to 200 dead and a 1000 or more injured.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by butcherguy

well it is, you have to know black powder and gun powder it helps if your a reloaded of ammo , thank the good lord it was not smokeless then it would have been a lot, heck of a lot more than 3 dead and 200 injured, try 100 to 200 dead and a 1000 or more injured.

Being familiar with black powder myself, you'd be very surprised the force generated by only 200 grains (about 2 tablespoons) in an enclosed space. For example, in a black powder musket, you only use about 80-100 grains per load, and that has a discernible kick and is loud. A "double-load" will knock you back if you are unaware as well. Imagine something like 20x that amount, in a sealed container that will amplify the force by orders of magnitude. This is the exact reason the pressure cookers are used in this fashion....because they are a force multiplier.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: fixed typos....it happens....

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Any reason why on page 3 of 4 of THIS affidavit that the total number of Felony Counts against Azamat Tazhaykov is denoted as "2" even though only one is listed?

Comparing this to Dias Kadyrbayev who's is identical aside from personal info and only has one total felony count.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Any reason why on page 3 of 4 of THIS affidavit that the total number of Felony Counts against Azamat Tazhaykov is denoted as "2" even though only one is listed?

Comparing this to Dias Kadyrbayev who's is identical aside from personal info and only has one total felony count.

I personally don't know for certain, but, I can guess that it is likely a typo....and may be corrected later (or already, but not posted here). Do I know this as a fact, no, it's only an opinion of the likely reason (typos in criminal cases happen far too often IMO) for the mismatch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join