It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On CNN ex CIA expert say the suspects could not have made the bomb, it was too complicated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just watching the news on CNN this morning and they quoted an ex CIA expert claiming the electronics were too sophisticated for these boys to have made.
There is a thread on the front page this morning which states the Saudis warned the security peeps in the US very recently...

In the best tradition of cases like wtc 93, and the underwearbomber, do you think the fbi could have cooked the bomb and then used the boys as patsies, or if not, please attempt to explain these coinkydinks.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

As a bomb expert myself, I am going to have to disagree.

IEDs are not difficult to put together, especially when you have a pressure cooker involved. A monkey could make a bomb out of a pressure cooker, and it wouldn't even have to be a trained monkey.

Add the right explosives and a power source and the pressure cooker will do the rest for you.

Just my opinion but it sounds like someone who no longer has a fun job just wants to feel important again.
edit on 1-5-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post.
edit on 1-5-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

link   
I had not seen this example till this morning but here is an example of what I m talking about:

Williams, who grew up poor in the small, gritty New York town of Newburgh, had already served time on a drug rap when he and three other local men were arrested in May 2009 on charges they plotted to blow up Jewish synagogues and purchase anti-aircraft missiles to shoot down military planes.

Oddly enough, however, the weapons didn't come from some deep, dark terrorist organization. No, they were provided by none other than the F.B.I. who, through a paid informant, set up a so-called "terror" plot they themselves were then able to take down - and take credit for busting up.

Lawyers for Williams and his three "co-conspirators" agree that, were it not for the F.B.I. creating this so-called plot out of thin air, none of the men would be in jail and, in fact, there would have been no plot at all.

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.naturalnews.com...

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have a doctoral degree in neuroscience, so I'm not completely stupid, but I know nothing of explosives, detonation, or the physics/thermodynamic underpinnings of all this. I work around exceptionally brilliant people and have for years and here's one thing I know - never underestimate another's intelligence or ability.

Did these two build those bombs? I think they probably did. Did they have help? I think they probably did. Did our government help? I don't tend to think that way. Call me Sheeple. Call me maybe. Call me whatever, but I just don't tend to think along the lines that our government is THAT evil. Evil, yes.

But not that evil.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

As a bomb expert myself, I am going to have to disagree.

IEDs are not difficult to put together, especially when you have a pressure cooker involved. A money could make a bomb out of a pressure cooker, and it wouldn't even have to be a trained monkey.

Add the right explosives and a power source and the pressure cooker will do the rest for you.

Just my opinion but it sounds like someone who no longer has a fun job just wants to feel important again.

He mentioned sophisticated test circuits what do you know of that specifically?
Do you have something other then " he said she said "?
After all the "expert" on CNN has presumably been vetted for his past employers, and as a techie myself I know electronics aren't everyone's forte...
Also the FBI has a history of cooking bombs and coercing witnesses.

No offence but, you...

sounds like someone who no longer has a fun job just wants to feel important again.
the same could be said of your OPINION

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
We don't know how far in advance these bombs were made...my problem with the entire story is how it seemed that they were just crapping IED's throughout the chase (could some of them have been decoys?)...especially if the younger brother was on foot before the boat incident.

Things aren't adding up. There is much more to this story and unfortunately facts will be discarded and timelines will be set up to support whatever "story" the authorities decide to tell the public.

Does this sound paranoid?

Yes...it does.
But that's what they want...isn't it?

Destroying credibility of any that ask questions=classic social-psychological ploy.
It works every time.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm just spitballing here......but I notice he's an ex-CIA guy. Perhaps this is part of why?

The devices these two seemed to have taken to producing like a little assembly line, aren't really that baffling.

Inspire Magazine detailed in a step by step way even a grade school child could follow (No offense to our Jihadi readers ..but if the shoe fits ..
), how to prepare both the cooker and the ingredients to "cook" in it.

I'm guessing that whether they've shared every last detail of the investigation with the general public yet or not? They'll have found every issue of that online 'publication' among their collection. Probably printed, dog eared and notated in all the meaningful spots.

It's scary what people can accomplish when shown how in a Home Depot DIY sort of way.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadarOReilly
I have a doctoral degree in neuroscience, so I'm not completely stupid, but I know nothing of explosives, detonation, or the physics/thermodynamic underpinnings of all this. I work around exceptionally brilliant people and have for years and here's one thing I know - never underestimate another's intelligence or ability.

Did these two build those bombs? I think they probably did. Did they have help? I think they probably did. Did our government help? I don't tend to think that way. Call me Sheeple. Call me maybe. Call me whatever, but I just don't tend to think along the lines that our government is THAT evil. Evil, yes.

But not that evil.

The Underwear Bomber attack has fundamentally changed my life. Not in the way most would think, but it has destroyed any faith I've had in the U.S. Government, the media and this country as a whole. To say that I believe the government is corrupt and the media is complicit doesn't fully explain my beliefs. Not only have I come to those conclusions, but I've witnessed that an ordinary person who sees something important can be silenced despite his efforts to spread the truth. Such is the Underwear Bomber case. I can do nothing but laugh at the TSA's new policy of "If you see something say something." That is exactly what I did, and not only did the U.S. Government not want to hear what I had to say, but it actively lied about it, attempted to get me to change my story, and hid, by withholding (secret government) evidence or putting a protective order on the evidence and nearly everything that would support my eyewitness account. ...

....attorney Chambers. Attorney Chambers has indicated to me that if he were Umar's attorney, that the defense would be entrapment and that I would be a key witness. Of course, such a defense would expose the U.S. Government's involvement in the plot.

haskellfamily.blogspot.ca...

As a degreed person I hope you apreciate the value of proper rules of scientific method

evil is as evil des

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have zero training in explosives however I know that I could wire up a mobile phone to make a detonator and I also know that online there are a whole bunch of websites that will teach people who to build a bomb.

Honestly if you really put enough effort into it you could probably figure out how to build a nuke using the Internet.

It’s really not very difficult to do a few Google searches and teach yourself some chemistry and a little bit of electronics and there you go, you have yourself a bomb.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Following revelations of the Boston Bombers ties to the CIA FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds details the Tsarnaev brother’s links to CIA backed terrorist operations in Chechnya.

______beforeitsnews/scandals/2013/04/bombshell-fbi-whistleblower-reveals-cia-ran-the-boston-bombers-2431212.html

Sybil Edwards an FBI translator was one of the principle whistleblowers re 911.
She helped expose the fact the the alphabet agencies let the known and flaged Terrorists in when they should have been stopped

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Can i record you that during the first firefight where Tamerlan, the elder brother, was shot, run over, and / or exploded from the waist down..that there were reports over the scanner of the brothers "lighting" the fuse on the pressure cooker bomb they threw at the police.

Now, im no expert in IED's, although i served my time in Northern Ireland with the Royal Engineers, and have seen the effect of IED's made by proffesionals.
A doctoral degree in neuroscience i do not posses either.

However, when some lights a fuse on an explosive device i tend to think - basic.

High tech dentonation, yet low grade explosive content.

If these people were so talented in creating their high tech system of detonation and had the knowledge to do it, how come, if these people are a dedicated terrorist cell sent to reek havoc on the free world, they didnt have access to, or make, an explosive mixture better than reloading powder.

That reminds me of this -

TWO LIONS ANYBODY....
edit on 1-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

well said,
an old saying: "just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean someone isn't chasing you"

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Sybil Edwards

……..

Ohhh you mean Sibel Edmonds (not edwards) that women who was employed as a contractor for the FBI to translate Turkish who was then fired her after only about six months because she was crap at her job and now spends all her time bad mouthing American intelligence and claiming to have inside knowledge of just about everything and anything….

Yeah you will need to do better than that.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I understand where you are coming from, no offense taken.

But, hundreds of uneducated Iraqis and Afghans have been making IEDs for years, many far more sophisticated than a pressure cooker device.

I have not heard any specific details regarding the actual triggers for the bombs in question, but I know from first hand experience that it ain't rocket science.

You'll just have to take my opinion for what it's worth, that of an anonymous poster on the internet.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hi Wrabbit, I hope myself or somone finds the vid on youtube or as a clip on CNN so we can debate the details

The "expet" said there were sophisticated test circuits which demnd a high level of skill in design and construction

Any farmer or active arms history buff, or (firecracker aficioado) could probably have done the easy parts
I mean the Chinese were building rockets thousands of years ago...
Saturn Vs not so much

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have zero training in explosives however I know that I could wire up a mobile phone to make a detonator and I also know that online there are a whole bunch of websites that will teach people who to build a bomb.

Honestly if you really put enough effort into it you could probably figure out how to build a nuke using the Internet.

It’s really not very difficult to do a few Google searches and teach yourself some chemistry and a little bit of electronics and there you go, you have yourself a bomb.

have you ever tried to do detailed soldering on a circuit board?
takes a wee bit of practice
also designing circuits involving ICs ( integrated circuits )is not so easy

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

The CIA expert echoed what has been said before: that the bombs were triggered with remote control toy controlls with sophistcated test circuits..

What is not apparant (till the vid I saw can be dredged up ) is:
If he was refering to the chase part of the story or just the marathon part,

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

True..and I always find your threads and posts interesting. I must admit tho... I wonder about some of the sources you come to pull from though. It's always a personal opinion thing, of course, but we definitely go with different sources.

I'll be very interested to see what comes out in the trial. I'd seen the court papers last night for his Capital Defense attorneys being appointed ...so now he's got proper and professional legal representation, not the goober who was up next at the public defenders local death penalty unit. Now it gets interesting and I have no doubt any surviving pieces of the devices will be part of the record of evidence.

If we're lucky on this, they will make the whole evidence collection public again like they did after the 9/11 trial and as it still sits for everyone to see all the images and documents submitted by both sides during that.

Still though.. as someone else pointed out? Saturn V's, these weren't. I'd also found a big archive of source quality photographs covering from the moment of detonation to quite some time after. (Careful what you search for...you may find it)

I could have slept a bit better without the gore of the scene and the dead I hadn't actually seen in any images before ....some crap you just can't un-see ...but the point is a valid one. These detonated amid a BIG crowd of people. You know what surprised me?

Two of those who were killed ...weren't even killed in the initial blast. I was shocked, actually. So, with the exception of one, which I'm real thankful for which it was, I did NOT see in that set ....Their bombs didn't even kill anyone directly. The other two looked to have been shock/bleeding deaths. Not what I'd call high power bombs by any means, personally.

Kinda failed, to get right down to the brass tacks of things ....however un-P.C. that may be to say. It's a statement on their ability and the quality of what they made of course ...not in any way wishing they'd had more skill.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Necessity is the mother of all inventions. Many of us in the West or US have no idea or clue how easily some of these weapons and explosives are made by common and most of the time uneducated folks.

IED_WIKI_LINK

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join