It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger jet seconds from hitting UFO over Glasgow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Passenger jet seconds from hitting UFO over Glasgow

A PASSENGER jet was just seconds from crashing into a UFO over Glasgow, an official probe has found. The Airbus came within 300ft of the blue and yellow object as it flew at 3,500ft above the city.

The shocked pilot radioed the airport’s control tower saying: “We just had something pass underneath us quite close. Have you got anything on in our area?” The tower replied: “Negative. We’ve got nothing on radar.” The pilot later said there had been a “high” risk of collision as the object “loomed ahead at a range of 100m” as the Airbus A320 came in to land in sunny weather.

Both him and his co-pilot described the object, seen above the city’s Ballieston area, as “bigger than a balloon” with a small frontal area.

The Sun
edit on 1-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Now I know the source of this is the sun but there are several more notable and more reliable sources linked to below.

Anyway I figured that quite a few people might find this interesting, there does not appear to be any clear indication of what exactly this “UFO” was, if it was ET playing around with our planes or something with a more earthly origin.

Regardless I think this could turn out to be quite a interesting story and I would welcome some of the views of my fellow ATSters on what this “UFO” may have been.

link
link 2
link 3
link 4

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is amazing
I wonder if the UFO errrr.... Driver was texting and forgot to put it in cruise control~

All jokes aside, this is a awesome article! SnF thank you for posting this.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Lately drones seem more and more likely (and common). Better explanation than swamp gas.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It was probably a reflection from the crystal they have hanging from their rear view mirror

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This thread beat you to it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by malchir
This thread beat you to it:

And this one beat all of you lol

Posted yesterday

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think this is a great example of how people 'build' onto original stories of unidentified flying objects to make them appear if they are really talking about visiting aliens.

The original story says they saw something blue and yellow bigger than a balloon and did not mention anything about flying saucers. But the video presented in the OP is showing a flying saucer in front of a UFO. So the story is being twisted right from the start to fit peoples visiting alien agenda.

UFO does not mean visiting alien space craft. It means something in the air unidentified.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The Airport authorities considered all reasonable explanations for the object, and found none satisfactory. A largish object that can make itself invisible to radar, and apparently agile enough to allow its pilot to fly with confidence, within 300 feet of an airliner? That seems odd and mysterious enough to leave open the extraterrestrial possibility!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I think this is a great example of how people 'build' onto original stories of unidentified flying objects to make them appear if they are really talking about visiting aliens.

The original story says they saw something blue and yellow bigger than a balloon and did not mention anything about flying saucers. But the video presented in the OP is showing a flying saucer in front of a UFO. So the story is being twisted right from the start to fit peoples visiting alien agenda.

UFO does not mean visiting alien space craft. It means something in the air unidentified.

I would agree i just posted this because i thaught others would find it interesting, seems some beat me to it though

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Drones? Oh boy, it looks like this is gonna be a replacement for the refreacting light of Venus bouncing off the clouds of swamp gas, carried to a new location by a deviation in the regional jet-stream...

Really though... aside from hearing 'Drones' begin to be used as a common explanation for pilots who are reporting UFO sightings around the world, I think there is something we should be much more worried about.

We should shelve the explanation of 'Drones' being mistaken as UFO's and concentrate on the much more serious problem that comes with that explanation....

If the proximity of airborne drones are close enough that, while in flight, pilots must take the drone's location into consideration as something that can, without prior warning, alter the planes pre-plotted course, then I am just not sure how safe passengers of any airliner should continue to feel.

Pilots, who are unaware of other airborne objects in the sky, have no way to protect the integrity of flight safety, and, by extension, the safety of all souls onboard. Labeling these UFO's as UAV Drones is more damaging to the air travel industry than it would be if the UFO's in the reports were to remain labeled officially as UFO's.

Allowing them to remain labeled as UFO's opens another publicly unfavorable issue, deceit. Lying to the public about what's in the air over our homes and around the airplanes which we entrust our lives to every single time we climb aboard is terrible, but it is probably something that is already being done - unfortunately.

top topics

join