It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Moonshine! Popcorn's Dream Comes True, Only Months After He Commits Suicide.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Yay! more booze, now throw in some firearms and Voila!! you have the United States.

Second line....... Most gun crimes are done under the influence.

Booze IMHO is the most dangerous drug I have ever seen (and I have seen....Alot.) lol

Booze is the only drug I have ever seen that makes a nice , placid guy into a mean and angry psycho. I have seen people do completely stupid and crazy things which other intoxicants normally do not come close to the "personality" change.

-But I prefer a drink every now and again (I drink maybe 4 times a year and I drink to DRINK, lol) but there are far better ways to...uh...relax IMHO.

But yeah. Firearms and booze do not mix well and often go together. same with cars. And underage girls.
edit on 1-5-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

really dude, really???? you come here to this thread and spout nonsense about American gun control? Im gonna drop a spoiler on you. guns are never going to go away.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

booze makes people with mental problems go crazy, from my experiece large amounts of booze makes me jolly, and large amounts of booze around my good friends gives a reason to practise combat, are we sour about it the next day. No. we live to fight and drink another day all in good fun. blaming booze for violence and crime is almost the exact thing as blaming guns for violence and crime. In either situation people just pass the buck and dont address the real issue, people cant be trusted with inanimate objects, just as it takes a person to pull a trigger, it takes person to tip a bottle. The bottle is not evil, the gun is not evil. But just keep passing the buck, see how far that gets you(btw this last sentence is not directed specificity towards you, its directed towards anyone that has ever blamed anything on an inanimate object

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by Bedlam

Sounds like you may have had some practice at this?

Well, sorta.

If you ever saw "Deliverance", they filmed that about 20 miles from our family farm where I grew up. There are a lot of shiners around there, one of the first bits of woods roaming etiquette you learn is to spot the smell of a still running and to make noise and go back the way you came in.

When Dad got out of the Army he became an ATF agent, which didn't help our popularity a lot, although everyone knew who you were, definitely. "You're the revenooer's son, right?" Dad wasn't a real hardass if you weren't selling it, or if your stuff was clean and you were cooking for family and friends. The real busts were guys trying to wholesale it like Popcorn.

We always had blockade around the house, because Dad would test your stuff if he caught you making for personal use. Once it got around he wasn't interested in family setups we got a lot of it for Christmas from the craftsman types. Dad also was a connoisseur of still design and would take us to see the really elite setups. Some of those guys went to a lot of trouble, welded stainless instead of soldered copper. And some of the bad shiners were chucking car batteries into the mash and were using car radiators. Not good.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Fascinating story.

I would love to know where you grew up, but I'll respect your privacy.

I think my dad may have had his hand in running moonshine back in his very young days, but I would never know for sure; he wouldn't have discussed that in front of us kids. Subjects like that were kept among the adults, and only the people involved. But there were a few conversations that made me wonder... reading between the lines.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
I would love to know where you grew up, but I'll respect your privacy.

The bleeding edge of Stephens County, Ga, northeast of Toccoa, out in the woods. Deliverance was filmed at Tallulah Gorge, which is northwest about 20 miles. Beautiful beautiful place, but as they say, it's out where the owls hoot at noon and people have possums for yard dogs.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I can relate to that!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The biggest joke is the cops looking for shiners.

Back in shiner country the cops are looking hard

Come out to calif and the cops don't even know what moonshine is there to busy looking for pot farms and meth labs.

And there is a few hillfolk from the Appalachian Mountains that make a little for friends and sale and live in calif and it was not only hillfolk that made moon shine.
My grandfather made shine in Kansas during the depression down around Scammon, Kansas in the old strip pits

I have made a little in a still made from a large 41 quart stainless steel pressure cooker (canners type)using my grandfathers old mash recipe.
i take the 180 proof shine and make apple pie moon shine from it.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Another writeup in the paper yesterday stating this will be the largest operating still in the United States!
Source:www.citizentribune.com...

Friday, May 03, 2013 Legal moonshine company to feature largest operating pot still in the United States

Posted on Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Cocke County distillery Operations manager Travis Hixon, left, chats with co-owner Jamie Grosser as the Popcorn Sutton Tennessee White Whiskey distillery is developed in Newport. Equipment was moved in Wednesday for the start-up of the Popcorn Sutton Tennessee White Whiskey distillery in Newport. Master distiller and co-owner, Jamie Grosser, said the operation will utilize three 2,500-gallon pot stills, several 5,000 gallon cookers and five 10,000 gallon fermenters making it “the largest pot still whiskey operation in the United States.” The operation is located in a portion of the former Falcon/CF Group building on West Highway 25/70. “Today is the big moving day of all the big pieces … so Popcorn is finally home. And then the hard part really starts, with the plumbing, piping and electrical,” Grosser said. Production is expected to be under way in late August with 20 employees. By 2014, the facility is expected to turnout 500,000 cases of the legal moonshine annually, employing 50 workers. While distribution today is limited to four states, it is expected to expand nationwide next year, “and hopefully the globe,” Grosser said. He also hopes to eventually be able to sell liquor and souvenirs to tourists who visit the operation.

Read more on this story from the source.
edit on 5/3/2013 by sled735 because: typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join