It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are we supposed to "Get over it"???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I would agree but IMO both parties are shifting to the extremes. They are losing middle America by doing so.

Absolutely right, Amuk; unfortunately, the extremes (particularly the ultra-conservatives) are the ones who actually show up and vote.

The only way the people will take back this country is for the people to get off their couches and participate.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The big Two spent over 500 million of OUR (taxpayers) money not to even mention the free air time BOTH parties got.[edit on 4-11-2004 by Amuk]

I never could figure this one out. The airwaves are free, and it doesn't cost the station one more cent to accomodate third party candidates. If they can qualify by gathering the requisite number of signatures on a petition, then they should be guaranteed equal air time.

If I were the skeptical type, I'd conclude that the big 2 are afraid of the competition.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
The only way the people will take back this country is for the people to get off their couches and participate.

We just did.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Crybabies!
Get over it!

Geez, what a waste of bandwith!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
SO forthe next four years, lets begin to court the 40% who did not vote. Give them a reason, start a grassroots campaign and continue to push for non GOP/Dem candidates. Start at a local level, and be an independant ctiy council memeber. In order to rid ourselves of the good ol boy network accross America, we have to start at home.

It will take a good 20 years to make a difference, or we can sit behind our pc's and do text drive bys with ignorant rants of how BUsh stole the election and we are headed for martial law. Americans have to dig in and fight big business and corporate politics. WE just have to start small. WE need to use our intelligence to put forth some of the ideas I have read on this site.

The only people to blame for the world would be ourselves...

ps. before you lash out, voted for BUsh..

[edit on 4-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You start by saying:

"I didn't get my way and I'm going to act like a grown up and accept it."

Then you realize that you are skewing your numbers...30% my ass, less than half the population voted. WE DON'T COUNT THE NON-VOTING POPULATION, THEY DECIDED TO NOT HAVE A VOICE...THEY DON'T COUNT.

For those of us who have been through this several times and lived for 4 to 8 years at a time with a president we didn't want, we respectfully state...

Grow up!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I hear many times over that we should get over Bush winning the election. But honestly, would you get over it if Kerry was elected?

If so, then you betray your own side.

How am I supposed to support a president who:

- only got 30% of Americans to vote for him

REpublicans got over it when Clinton was elected for office, and i don't remember us making a bid deal that Clinton won... even thou he screwed up big time.

Bush got more than half of the votes from those people who voted. Normally 100 Million Americans vote and Bush got 59+ Million...

Clinton got 42+million in 1992 and 47+ million in 1996. Bush got more votes than Clinton....

If that is not a majority I don't know what is....

You can find info on the above at this link.
www.infoplease.com...

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I also blame Kerry for getting sucked into this militaty record nonsense instead of spending the campaign money on creating a crystal clear document on issues, accessible to every american. How hard is that.

Hold on here, Kerry is the one who brought up his military past at the Democratic National Convention....right???

Originally posted by Aelita
The Dems should really pay attention to educating people about the real factors affecting their lives.

The democratic party should be educating themselves about what their constituents really want. Not telling the people about those real factors. The people KNOW what they want, at least for a little while longer.
And in spite of the media and the politicians trying to tell them what they want.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
To Amuk Do you freaking understand, GET OVER IT. I can freaking read.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pfcret
To Amuk Do you freaking understand, GET OVER IT. I can freaking read.

Then I guess you just cant comprehend WHAT you are reading

WE DONT CARE WHICH OF THE TWO IDIOTS WON

Neither of us are on the Hillary or Kerry bandwagon we are Libertarians not Democrats if you cant understand the difference I will be happy to explain

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

WE DONT CARE WHICH OF THE TWO IDIOTS WON

Neither of us are on the Hillary or Kerry bandwagon we are Libertarians not Democrats if you cant understand the difference I will be happy to explain

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Amuk]

Why bother with this guy, if he had something of substance to add, he would have by now.

Drive by bull#ers.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Drive by bull#ers.

I know it just makes me mad that you cannot say a word about Bush without some Idiot going "Kerry Lover" and vice a versa.

They have been deluded for so long they cant even fathom the you might disagree with BOTH.

They cant even comprehend that they MAY be more than two sides to an issue

top topics

<< 1   >>

join