How are we supposed to "Get over it"???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I hear many times over that we should get over Bush winning the election. But honestly, would you get over it if Kerry was elected?

If so, then you betray your own side.

How am I supposed to support a president who:

- only got 30% of Americans to vote for him

- continues the distruction of America through increased government involvement in world politics (we sure aren't winning any friends we haven't paid for)

- Is in direct opposition to the Republican Party by advocating bigger and more wasteful government (oh, but he will give us the token idea of saving some of our Social Security, or try to)

- Will not look out for the people and the economy

- Wants to continue the economic hold we have over the world

- try to fix the budget (which could or could not happen), but will do nothing to help the trade deficit.

- He will not do anything to remove the IRS, the Federal Reserve, Dept of Education, etc, which is against the Constitution.

The list goes on.

I say we need to defy him, deny him, speak out against him, remove our trust and support for the President in anything he does that is outside his intended purpose (which is most everything).

I remove all ties with the Republican Party for failure to act according to their own principles, and for betraying the people and America.

People need to know of this. We need to squash this guy as soon as possible.

NOTE: Democrats, get your heads back out, and fix your corrupt party while you have the time.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think the Democrats are a dead issue anymore.

The only good that can come from this is the Republicans control all three branches so will not be able to blame the Democrats forever, sooner or later they will be shown for what they are and MORE will leave the party looking for one that TRUELY supports the Ideals they pay lip service to.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
bang on the $$ there!

it aint a case of "bring on the gimp" but more "fire out the little twerp"

anyone is welcome to their own beliefs but if this guy walked in and took the helm of everything you looked to then it would be time to wake up and sort out the filth!

freemasonry has been corrupted - most religions - charity groups - polititions - media
WHY??????

Cause the braindead masses give the
every fu i g time

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I hear many times over that we should get over Bush winning the election. But honestly, would you get over it if Kerry was elected?

Unless you are going to off someone, bush is now president for four more years. Why not save your energy for when he does the next thing that pisses you off.

As for Kerry, I would have to wait to get over it till he had the chance to do something wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Unless you are going to off someone, bush is now president for four more years. Why not save your energy for when he does the next thing that pisses you off.

As for Kerry, I would have to wait to get over it till he had the chance to do something wrong.

Well, the idea is really to educate people about the fallacy of Bush and Kerry.

Kerry does not have to do anything wrong, his ideas were already in conflict with America as a whole.

Bush is only slightly less distructive.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I think the Democrats are a dead issue anymore.

The only good that can come from this is the Republicans control all three branches so will not be able to blame the Democrats forever, sooner or later they will be shown for what they are and MORE will leave the party looking for one that TRUELY supports the Ideals they pay lip service to.

I think the Democratic party is not as static as it may seem, and hopefully it can evolve.

Independent parties are important, but pragmatically it might be a better idea to use the existing "platform" (in computer terms) and adapt it to further the cause.

The Dems should really pay attention to educating people about the real factors affecting their lives.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Independent parties are important, but pragmatically it might be a better idea to use the existing "platform" (in computer terms) and adapt it to further the cause.

I would agree but IMO both parties are shifting to the extremes. They are losing middle America by doing so. I dont see them changing there platform at all and when they do it is just lip service.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I would agree but IMO both parties are shifting to the extremes. They are losing middle America by doing so. I dont see them changing there platform at all and when they do it is just lip service.

I agree that GOP is extreme, but I can't say same about the Dems. Also, if the latter aren't idiots, they are bound to change to have a borader appeal. I also blame Kerry for getting sucked into this militaty record nonsense instead of spending the campaign money on creating a crystal clear document on issues, accessible to every american. How hard is that.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Let's tell it like it is Amuk. They are liars, pure and simple.

It's obvious to everyone, and even a nice subset of comedy shows. The media loves it, and could do stories almost exclusively on political lies, halftruths, and corporate influence.

We are not considered, informed, or asked about many issues the government decides to make choices on.

Nader is a good source for this kind of information. Dem and Rep parties are realistically for political zombies or for the "true believers", the latter of which is dangerous.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Let's tell it like it is Amuk. They are liars, pure and simple.

You got me there

What is sad is when you mention that one of the candidates is a lying, theiving SOB the best answer they can come up with is "so is the other guy"

No one seems to care that BOTH are moral equal to a snakeoil salesman

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The problem is, is that most Americans are either apathetic, or liars as well.

I can respect the 40% that didn't vote. I mean really, realistically they have no cause to vote.

People that voted for Bush or Kerry did not honestly look at how America is operating, and how it is supposed to.

The only reason for the whole thing, is to tell everyone who they DIDN'T want to win because of the microscopic changes that person would make.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
.............................................GET OVER IT, YOUR FEARLESS LEADER KERRY HAS.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
.............................................GET OVER IT, YOUR FEARLESS LEADER KERRY HAS.

Get over what, ass? If you aren't ignorant, then you might think about opening up a little conversation rather than drive-by postings.

Did you miss the part about Kerry being slightly more distructive than Bush?

Fear not when America burns friend, because we see it clearly, and history does not lie (pardon me, unless it is taught in US public schools).

Only the media and the government does.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty

By the way Genuis we are BOTH Libertarians Kerry is not our Fearless Leader and if you would have read a few posts before running your mouth you would know that

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
BUSH won the election. At least Scarry Kerry did an admirable jesture and did the right thing, not like Al Gore. 4 more years then you all can start getting on Hillary's bandwagon.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pfcret
BUSH won the election. At least Scarry Kerry did an admirable jesture and did the right thing, not like Al Gore. 4 more years then you all can start getting on Hillary's bandwagon.

Can you freaking read?

No one here is for the Democrats. If you can shake your brainwashing for a few seconds and try to comprehend the posts you will see we want BOTH parties out of office.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
CONGRATS BUSH!

You just won "Leader of the Free World" (which is laughable) with 20.1% of the population supporting you.

Awesome job.

Bush is officially the choice of Anti-Kerry people, and the generally uncaring.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You just won "Leader of the Free World" (which is laughable) with 20.1% of the population supporting you.

Yes this is just sad. Why do you think that is? But this was a RECORD turnout in voters?! Actually I think the number maybe greater but who cares, your point was made.

The problem isnt that only 20% voted for Bush, the problem is that 40% of people didnt vote at all. Why complacancy(sp?) or they don't think a party represents them, lack of faith in the system? What? How can you change people who just don't care for one reason or another?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

How am I supposed to support a president who:

- only got 30% of Americans to vote for him

Which is more than any other president in history in terms of sheer numbers, BTW. Is it his fault that people are too lazy to get off their a$$es and vote?

What percentage of the vote did Badnarik get?

- Is in direct opposition to the Republican Party by advocating bigger and more wasteful government (oh, but he will give us the token idea of saving some of our Social Security, or try to)

He wants to give the young worker an opportunity to invest some of their own money for a greater return. Good idea, IMO. What other president has done that? I'm sure he will meet opposition from those who believe they have a claim on other people's lives and efforts, though.

- Will not look out for the people and the economy

See above example. Interest rates are low, inflation low, jobs are on the increase. The economy is steadily recovering from the one-two punch of the internet bubble bursting and 9/11.

- Wants to continue the economic hold we have over the world

I notice that all the third world countries that we've given trillions in unsecured loans to, are not exactly tripping over themselves to pay us back and thus break this "economic hold" we have on them. Nor are our trading partners easing tariff and other restrictions to help us lower our trade deficit.

- try to fix the budget (which could or could not happen), but will do nothing to help the trade deficit.

See above.

- He will not do anything to remove the IRS, the Federal Reserve, Dept of Education, etc, which is against the Constitution.

Oh, so he is breaking tradition in this? What other presidents have sought to abolish the institutions you list?

And just today, he vowed to reform tax law.

I say we need to defy him, deny him, speak out against him, remove our trust and support for the President in anything he does that is outside his intended purpose (which is most everything).

I remove all ties with the Republican Party for failure to act according to their own principles, and for betraying the people and America.

People need to know of this. We need to squash this guy as soon as possible.

KJ, I don't know where to start. Your post sounds like the rantings of a Utah AM radio host. If you think it is fair to blame Bush for things he had no hand in creating, then go right ahead. You will lose credibility, that's all. And when you end your post with statements like this

NOTE: Democrats, get your heads back out, and fix your corrupt party while you have the time.

don't be surprised if people label you a democrat instead of the libertarian you purport to be.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
[
What percentage of the vote did Badnarik get?

Less than 1%

but you can look at it another way how much did each vote cost?

We spent less than 1 million of our OWN money to get that.

The big Two spent over 500 million of OUR (taxpayers) money not to even mention the free air time BOTH parties got.

If the playing field had been even close to even I think you might be suprised at howw many votes we got

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Amuk]

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join