It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Shadow Apollo 12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hello Everybody;

I've been on ATS now for a few years but never really posted anything. After doing a few quick searches on the site I noticed nobody has posted anything on the following images from Apollo 12.

If you zoom in a bit on the photos its clear that there is something rather odd with the "shadow" being cast by the flag. Don't want to jump to conclusions but I thought it might be worth a second look...

Does anyone know what this can be?

AS12-48-7163HR-www.hq.nasa.gov...
AS12-48-7166HR-www.hq.nasa.gov...
AS12-48-7167HR-www.hq.nasa.gov...
AS12-48-7168HR-www.hq.nasa.gov...

Thanks!!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
looks to me like a droopy flag. but i'm probably supposed to think that!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

If you zoom in a bit on the photos its clear that there is something rather odd with the "shadow" being cast by the flag.

Could you explain in little more detail what it is you see as odd.

I have zoomed in and out and can't see what you are referring to

edit on 1-5-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Imurxtacy247

Well what do you think is odd about it , if you had put that in the OP things would move along quicker so what exactly do you thinks is wrong

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

What are you seeing ?

To me the objects and shadows fit together in this picture

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It's a nice shadow, and dark too. So the flag itself is blocking most of the photons from hitting the moon's surface, thus making that section of the moon cooler by comparison with the pebbles and dust to either side of the shadow, which are being struck by photons which excite the atomic structure. Cool (literally). And why would America put up a droopy flag for all eternity? Found art?

To be serious, thanks, I've never seen those pics before and always enjoy new moon scenes. And how did you get around protocol and post a thread with just 11 posts to your credit? Nice. Maybe the coding has been off for a long time (I think a person last week posted a thread with only 10 posts or so). The more the merrier.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

OK...compare the following flag shadow to the one I previously posted. The difference is very obvious....the first ones I posted appear "snake like or curved....If you can invert the colors...

AS12-46-6861HR-www.hq.nasa.gov...
AS12-46-6866HR-www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imurxtacy247

OK...compare the following flag shadow to the one I previously posted. The difference is very obvious....the first ones I posted appear "snake like or curved....If you can invert the colors...

The shadow does seems thicker in the first pics. I like the shadow of the large antenna too, very distinct lines. And the shadows in the small crater/indention (if it's a crater it's really a tiny one).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

The shadow on the ground are shaped by the structure of the ground, which creates the snake like look, thats all i can come up with.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

The difference is very obvious

No, they are very similar.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

What do you mean snake like ? and why invert the colours the first pictures are b&w ?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

The real problem is the members on here that are so caught up in trying to prove NASA has something to hide that when they look for evidence of their belief they don't actually see what is in front of them.

Pictue from your first post

Picture from this post.

Are they taken from EXACTLY the same spot NO so will the terrain look slightly different yes so will that affect how the shadow looks ... I will leave you to answer that yourself..
edit on 1-5-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The position of the sun affects the size of the shadow

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

The sun would move very little between shots the change in position would have a greater effect.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

The sun would move very little between shots the change in position would have a greater effect.

What is the timescale between the shots then ?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

What is the timescale between the shots then ?

I'm with Spacespider on this one. I think the color shots were taken after the first EVA on their first day. The B&W were taken on the second day, though I don't know whether they were before or after the second EVA.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Anyone else see an anomaly on images 1,3, & 4? On 1 & 3 its on the very top left corner & on the 4th image same anomaly is on the top middle of the 4th image. Maybe its me
Soon i'll be home & will try to see them again on my desktop comp for a better view.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I see something strange in the forth and fifth image. In the forth one, about a quarter of the way into the darkness and about two thirds across the horizon, it looks like some sort of space craft. It's also in the fifth image, almost in the middle of the blackness...? Maybe they are just stars? Depends what you are looking for

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

There was about 16 hours between shots as the Moon has a day 29.5 times longer than ours the sun move about the same as 45 mins on Earth there was a drastic change in position between shots so that's why I made the comment.

Lunar EVA duration First 3 h 56 m 03 s, Second 3 h 49 m 15 s, Total 7 h 45 m 18 s
Lunar surface time 1 day 7 h 31 m 11.6 s

Apollo 12 wasn't on the Moon for long.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
As other people have said earlier, there are other objects that are interesting in these images.
1st pic

3rd pic

4th pic

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join