It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Transport plane crashes in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Story, images and video

A privately owned Boening 747-400F cargo plane has crashed in Afghanistan shortly after take off, the crash was filmed by a dash mounted camera from a car and the images and video are shown on the link.

The Taliban have claimed responsibility for the crash but there appears to be no activity from outside the plane. It appears to be a case of the load shifting when the jet reaches an odd angle.

All the crew sadly perished.

edit on 1-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

This isnt a terroist act, it would appear that the crew radio'd in saying the cargo shifted, placing 50/60 tons at the rear of the plane which forced it into a stall. COG shifted and no matter what it would have stalled...

RIP all those who perished, and my thoughts are with the families.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

OK I wasn't aware of the other threads, I just woke up and posted in a state of amazement, my admittedly brief check didn't throw anything up. Fair enough this thread can be closed, but you could have said something in your post rather than just post a load of links, you may not have meant it so, but it looks kind of snotty.

BTW, thread 5 is not the same event.

edit on 1-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

he maybe spent precious time searching for those threads cos he/she knew they'd already been posted. i searched for them too and didn't find them, and occasionally when i do find them i put links up for them without saying anything... i'm at work and can't always do that so easily.

when i do it, it's purely to direct the thread starter to the existing threads for their information, and i don't always see the need to massage the ego of the person who posted the newest thread

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Yes it is, the first video was the incorrect link if you had checked the next post in the thread you would've have seen the correct video.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

It's nothing to do with massaging any egos and I acknowledge that I wasn't aware of them. A simple "you may have missed these which already exist" is simply good manners, something too many people lack, I feel. I personally would never post anything without taking the ime to add an explanatory note, however brief, to avoid any chance of misunderstanding, which I may well have done, which is my point.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Yes. I was wrong again. Not a good morning

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Good Morning Waynos.
Very tragic to the crew involved.
If the cargo did shift. There is only one result.

new topics

top topics

join