It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many in Muslim world want sharia as law of land: survey

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
There are many that would like theocratic laws applied that pertain to their religion and a survey might reveal the same, be it Canon Law, Noahides etc, if you ask me this pole completely misses that point, I bet the majority of any religion would want their root religious tenants applied as a rule of law and how to guide your social functionality.

I think one of the main points, as far as I have read is that the difference between democracy and islamic ideology is that in islamic beliefs religion is above government and should never be any different, and that is one of the hardest obstacles to push democracy to hard line or fundamental islamic followers, we are not talking the liberal or mainstream islam followers.

edit on 1-5-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

The world in the time of 7th century was in a great flux, more so in barbaric Arabia when a Divine Messenger was sent by name of Muhammad.

The rule of might was law, and not rule of law that we this generation had the fortune to live in. Conquests and all forms vileness ruled the world. Roman Europe and China in turmoil thanks to dynastic changes, India's buddhism way of life being evicted out into diaspora by ambitous war mongering conquerors in the name of Hinduism, etc.

Prophet Muhammad had little contact with the outside world, except through limited trade setting foot no more than a few mere miles in Arabia before he was called for diivine service. Democracy and freedom are alien words to him in that patrachiol and barbaric nomadic society then.

However, when he was called into divine service, his intellect grew leaps and bounds, as evident in the formulation of philosophies and thoughts about governance of mankind and its progress for civilisational evolultion in the Koran that would confound the greeks and jews.

During his tour, he taught and brought over the barbaric tribesmen into civilised way of life, not through force but by challenging their minds through his own examples in life, as the mediator in the tribe made up of arabs and jews when he fled Mecca after being booted out. He even led his new tribe into Mecca later, when he had a price on his head, unarmed and fearless for the annual pilgrimage. By such examples and courage, he won many, which his companions were astounded as they were almost in mutiny to his request to lay down arms.

It is one thing to convert barbarians and quite another to ensure that they do not slide back, and thus the seemingly harsh laws then, which he treated all - muslims or jews - fairly and equally in the face of crimes committed.

While he may not have know of democracy, but one thing for sure was that he appointed no ruler or left any heir to take over the Arab People when he is gone. He had all the time to do so, but did not. Simply because he wanted an 'assembly', made up of muslims educated on the teachings, to rule instead, a democratic value as he focussed on the community, to be wise to choose (elect) their own leaders.

Therefore, democracy is not something alien to muslims, if one regardless of muslim or non-muslim, were to COMPREHEND, and not just read blindly historical data of prophet Muhammad's works.

Rather, it is tyranny that is alien to Islam, but unfortunately, most of muslims at that era and even till today, they had not been educated enough to comprehend such truths, and thus accept theocratic tyranny as a right governance of muslims, which is NEVER what prophet Muhammad had taught, just sadly twisted by flawed and greedy mortals for own personal gains.

As long as the radical militants, their supporters/backers and the Taliban whom are hell bent on ending education for all muslims, do not win, change will come when more muslims are given holistic ( not just theology, but maths, science, history, arts, etc) education to fulfill prophet Muhammad's teaching based upon Allah's divine will.

Islam is not just about worshipping Allah 5 times a day, remain stagnant at the 7th century, but to grow, progress and evolve from that era. That can only happen through social expenditures, education, peace and focus upon economics to feed and advance the growing population.

Education and economics is the key to muslim evolution, not fundamentalism, wars, terrrorism or nukes. The arab spring is not over yet, not by a long shot. It is the same values and common ground all humans share and can live and co-exist to achieve such goals.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by sonnny1

May I ask, what is your own religious background?

Assuming you are a religious person, would you want to live in a land that is governed by a judicial system stemming from your religion?

edit on 1-5-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

No.

I believe in God. Religion? Not so much.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by maes2

WHY?

BECAUSE it is enshrined IN THEIR FOUNDING DOCUMENTS that the major strategy TOWARD TOTAL ISLAMIFICATION OF THE WHOLE WORLD

is

to gradually gain political and military power in a culture through deceptive means until the power is sufficient to impose ruthless Sharia by force.

It's there in plain language in their founding documents . . . put the nice face on things . . . even lie . . . in behalf of Islam taking total control eventually.

It's the old frog in the bucket thing initially.

instead of fearmongering about a religion ! it is better that all of us pray, may someday USA's decision makers harness Saudi Aeabia, Qatar, ...... which are spreading radical salafism (wahabism) in EU and USA, middle east, ...... !
if you know what is Salafism !!
your sentences match with it !!!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
moderntokyotimes.com...
Quote:
In Egypt the indigenous Christian faith is once more facing another bleak future because of ongoing Islamization. Despite this, and the fact that secular forces face being crushed by the current government of Egypt; the United States, the European Union and Gulf nations are all working together in order to help the Muslim Brotherhood survive financially. Simply put, Christian blood isn’t “only cheap” it doesn’t even enter the radar to any significant degree.

Alarmingly, in the modern world you still have several Islamic Sharia law states which support killing apostates and killing non-Muslim males for merely marrying a Muslim woman. Therefore, while old men in Saudi Arabia can marry young 8 and 9 year old girls legally under Islamic Sharia law; the hatred within this apartheid legal system can be seen by the fact that non-Muslim males face the death penalty for an act of love in several Islamist nations. Of course, if Christian law supported the same barbarity in the modern world then the media would cover this from head to toe. Instead, in Saudi Arabia women must cover-up from head to toe and non-Muslims must stay in the shadows without any holy places to visit.

The latest clash between Coptic Christians and Muslims took place after a Muslim woman named Rana el-Shazali is believed to have converted to Christianity. It appears that a normal romantic relationship is deemed to be a threat to the Muslim community because the reaction was violence and intimidation. While in the West the term “Islamophobia” is being manipulated in order to crush genuine debate. It is noticeable that the same people who cry “Islamophobia” say little about Islamic Sharia law having “a real legal phobia” against atheists, Christians, minority Muslim groups like the Ahmadiyya, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Zoroastrians, Baha’is, Sikhs, and all non-Muslim faiths. End Quote:

Again, what is said, is often not what their "actions" prove to be in reality.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
While in the West the term “Islamophobia” is being manipulated in order to crush genuine debate. It is noticeable that the same people who cry “Islamophobia” say little about Islamic Sharia law having “a real legal phobia” against atheists, Christians, minority Muslim groups like the Ahmadiyya, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Zoroastrians, Baha’is, Sikhs, and all non-Muslim faiths. End Quote:
Again, what is said, is often not what their "actions" prove to be in reality.

I am crying why people do not distinguish between Sharia law and viewpoint of a sect. SALAFISM (Fundamentalism).
you should have seen how they cut people's head, hand, legs in public in the Saudi, Arabia. that is Radical Salafism.
if you have not seen you can take a look at Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Syria who are the major victims. people are beheaded because they are not Salafists !!!
in the view of Radical Salafism all the people are polytheists no matter muslims or non muslims, just because they are not Salafists. of course they are working hard to clean the earth from Polytheists !
yes a false phobia should someday turn to a true phobia unless it may loose it's effect.
and about legal phobia you mentioned. I agree that there is a phobia in progress. the same phobia which led to war on terror is in progress which will lead to war between sects in the middle east ! reaLLY. oh and do not think that EU or US may remain intact, they have programs for everything.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Thanks for the reply:

Fundamentalism, Zelots, by what ever name, whether Christan or any other sect gives the wrong impressiom of the whole, I agree. All this will be sorted out one day, but I doubt it will be even in my grand kids life times. I hope I am wrong.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

The problem is not the Qur'an, is not the Bible, is not the Shari'ah, the problem is, as always - what goes inside the fanatical mind of a human being and the puppet masters and their strings and their agendas.

I agree 100% actually.

Religion is actually the problem. Thats my honest opinion. Belief in God isnt the problem.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by sonnny1

Suicide bombings are a somewhat valid way to mount an insurgency against a superior invading force, or an imposed regime - it's not all that different to red dawn - if it was American's blowing themselves up to kill the invading ruskies I think there would be a lot of people applauding it.

Given that the state that our meddling has left a lot of these nations I don't think it's all that surprising.

Sorry, but I cant buy this reasoning.

Killing of any innocent people is wrong.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mypan
The ugly reality is there shouldn't be any Muslim majority countries. Lets conquer them all and make them minority in every countries so that they don't get stupid enough to want to impose their laws onto those not practicing their religion.

Let them use sharia to their hearts' content but only on their own believers. If they want to chop of a hand, make that hand a Muslim's hand and not somebody else's hand from other religions.

Just a little racist don't you think? You sound like Benny Nuttyahoo. In Muslim countries they have every right to have whatever laws they want.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

If a majority in their own country want sharia law, then they should have it.

But if they try to implement it in a geographical region where it is not accepted, then that is where I would find issue.

And that's the problem, isn't it?

There are many here in the States that want it also.

Enough to have States pass anti-Sharia legislation.

Except there is a little thing called the Constitution that will stop Sharia law. This is one thing the people that cry Sharia is coming to America fails to point out.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by sonnny1

Suicide bombings are a somewhat valid way to mount an insurgency against a superior invading force, or an imposed regime - it's not all that different to red dawn - if it was American's blowing themselves up to kill the invading ruskies I think there would be a lot of people applauding it.

Given that the state that our meddling has left a lot of these nations I don't think it's all that surprising.

Sorry, but I cant buy this reasoning.

Killing of any innocent people is wrong.

You're right innocents should never be harmed. But if you think about it the bombers are just doing what the nations that have attacked them is doing murdering innocent people.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

A very interesting survey actually. I was very surprised Suicide bombings had 40 percent support in the Palestinian territories, 39 percent in Afghanistan, 29 percent in Egypt and 26 percent in Bangladesh. To me that is just crazy. 80% rejected Homosexuality.

Don't know about you, but I want no part of Sharia Law, or suicide bombings.

or homosexuality

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, if they want to continue to live in an uncivilized and brutal society, so be it. Just don't try to force your beliefs and laws on any other country. The United States should also take note. We should also stop forcing our beliefs on other countries. Change only comes from within.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by mypan

Just a little racist don't you think? You sound like Benny Nuttyahoo. In Muslim countries they have every right to have whatever laws they want.

You have to be a RACE to be RACIST towards them. There is ONE RACE on this planet and science backs this up. HOMO SAPIENS. Last time i checked there was just one race on the planet unless we actually do have reptilians among us.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This does not surprise me at all.Islamic world governments all hate Israel as well.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

You're right innocents should never be harmed. But if you think about it the bombers are just doing what the nations that have attacked them is doing murdering innocent people.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Even children know that, if they are taught that.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Modern Sharia law is fabrication and contradicts the Quran. In saudi arabia women are stoned to death if they got raped, they are savages not muslims.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
People should remember that Sharia law isn't purely the Quran, its chock full of man made nonsense and hatred.

I'm, sorry, if you want to live under a disgustingly vicious anti women based law then do so in a country that supports it, if you have the mentality to wish suicide bombings on others then I personally have no wish for you to be any where near me because that exudes so much hatred towards me and my family.

Sharia is contrary to almost everything we in the West find important, to allow Sharia courts here in the UK is a massive mistake and as seen from under cover filming is denying the women the very rights the UK offers.

The women could be divorced in the Islamic sense by an Imam yet they are being forced into going to these courts who have nothing but the man's well being first.

This now very obvious rise in the Radical way MUST be countered here in the West before it gets wildly out of control and those who already live by it start to feel they can exercise some of its rather barbaric laws on OUR streets.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

If a majority in their own country want sharia law, then they should have it.

But if they try to implement it in a geographical region where it is not accepted, then that is where I would find issue.

That was my knee jerk reaction but let's say the majority in a country want to kill non believers, enslave certain groups or allow child rape... I suppose I will get flamed for this but I don't think the average muslim drone has any free thought/will and just agrees with what they think they should agree to. Dissenters seem to be viewed as criminals and human rights seem to be a joke. I feel like the longer the rest of the world sits idly by and excuses the inexcusable behavior of these countries, the more we're asking for it to show up on our shores.

I would say let them make their silly laws, but the problem is those who disagree will be stripped of their humanity, publicly shamed/tortured and executed and the kids growing up in such a society will be so indoctrinated that those societies will never change, and will continue to be a complete pain in the ass for the rest of the world. If we consider their breeding rate, the indoctrination etc. pretty soon if this thing isn't curbed there will be a world of Sharia law. Horrifying.

I normally ascribe to the live and let live thing, but in this case I feel the world should be fighting tooth and nail against people that would have their lives dictated to them by nutter butters interpreting a nutter butter. You don't want to eat bacon? Fine, your loss. You think that women should be treated as sub human scum and that anyone who dares to publicly endorse another religion should be killed? No. I also can't get over the anti dog thing. What kind of sick ____ doesn't like dogs? I think I'm going to feed my pup some bacon laced with FREEDOM and send his glorious poo to a cleric.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Just a little racist don't you think?

How is that at all racist? I thought Islam was a religion, not a race. Your religion can be a wonderful thing, but it can also be ugly and I don't understand why you are always so ready to excuse the bad. I find you to be bright and well spoken, so I really don't get the excuse Islam at all costs stance you've taken. I think it can be a wonderful religion, but like any other it has a very bad side, do you recognize this at all?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join