It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many in Muslim world want sharia as law of land: survey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Many in Muslim world want sharia as law of land: survey

news.yahoo.com

Large majorities in the Muslim world want the Islamic legal and moral code of sharia as the official law in their countries, but they disagree on what it includes and who should be subject to it, an extensive new survey says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
A very interesting survey actually. I was very surprised Suicide bombings had 40 percent support in the Palestinian territories, 39 percent in Afghanistan, 29 percent in Egypt and 26 percent in Bangladesh. To me that is just crazy. 80% rejected Homosexuality.

Don't know about you, but I want no part of Sharia Law, or suicide bombings.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agreed. But we have to remember that there is a diverse world of Muslims and different parts of the world would see freedom and laws differently. I just wish everything was a littler better than the ugly reality of suffering and death.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If a majority in their own country want sharia law, then they should have it.

But if they try to implement it in a geographical region where it is not accepted, then that is where I would find issue.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by sonnny1

I agreed. But we have to remember that there is a diverse world of Muslims and different parts of the world would see freedom and laws differently. I just wish everything was a littler better than the ugly reality of suffering and death.

I understand "differences", but NO ONE should be inclined to say YES to suicide bombings. Its obvious that the Muslim World is at odds with their own Laws, as we are to some of ours. The whole suffering and death aspect is a bit more defined with those who are in favor of something like that. Agree?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh yeah, but I also see that they agree with it because it is one of the best ways for mujahedin groups to attack enemy troops. I recall reading an article online a year back about suicide bombs in Islam and why the author defended the idea of suicide bombing. To me it's crazy, but I cannot argue being a non-Muslim.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

But if they try to implement it in a geographical region where it is not accepted, then that is where I would find issue.

And that's the problem, isn't it?

There are many here in the States that want it also.

Enough to have States pass anti-Sharia legislation.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The ugly reality is there shouldn't be any Muslim majority countries. Lets conquer them all and make them minority in every countries so that they don't get stupid enough to want to impose their laws onto those not practicing their religion.

Let them use sharia to their hearts' content but only on their own believers. If they want to chop of a hand, make that hand a Muslim's hand and not somebody else's hand from other religions.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

imho . . .

This confirms a personal survey an Islamic expert on C2C several years ago (6-10 years ago? I've long forgotten the name) who was talking with one of his Imam Islamic sources. He asked the source what percentage of Muslims around the world would support violent jihad to some degree or another--either

--by joining actively in violent missions
--paying for such missions
--actively politically, socially, media etc. supporting such missions in their communications
--silently agreeing and actively supporting e.g. with safe-houses or material or other support.

The expert suggested 5%? The Imam said no.

The expert suggested 10%? The imam said no. He said 70%.

The expert did not believe this high level internationally respected Imam so he contacted another 11 or so such high level Muslims around the world with the same question.

EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM SAID "70%."

Every time I've mentioned on ATS, that segment from that show, I've been ridiculed in fierce terms fairly relentlessly. Thankfully, the improved modding has decreased the degree of ridicule the last few years. However, many folks simply did not believe that kind of report.

Even if it were only 5%, . . . 5% of 1 billion plus individuals is still a significant problem for those who want peace instead of bloody pieces. 20% to 70% is a much GREATER PROBLEM.

Wake-up world . . . we left Kansas a long time ago.

edit on 1/5/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

I also see that they agree with it because it is one of the best ways for mujahedin groups to attack enemy troops.

Who cares about the innocent victims that get in the way.

Like you, I cant fathom it. Even if I was Muslim, I couldn't fathom it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Only if everyone who doesn't has a right to leave and live above the poverty line somewhere else in freedom. And that ever single child and woman is given that chance over and over.....oh wait, its crimes against humanity and people who are a crime to themselves and others are normally viewed insane, and SHARIA is crimes against people.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah! I just do not want there laws for my laws.
That's my opinion and I'm to stick by it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM SAID "70%."

Absolutely insane.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm not sure what you were saying is insane about the 70% reports from the high level 12 Muslim leaders from around the world?

The Islamic researcher/expert was stunned--shocked. There was no hesitation and no deviation from the 70% regardless of what region the high level Muslim leader was reporting from.

Research like this PEW research indicates that's too high for some countries. However, THAT 12 HIGH LEVEL MUSLIM LEADERS WOULD INSTANTLY SAY THE SAME 70% AS THEIR ESTIMATE is telling. That's the evident mentality in a huge number of people. The 12 leading imam's reporting to their friend the Islamic expert may well have violent jihad biases to some degree. But it's still telling that they were convinced that 70% was a true percentage.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

But it's still telling that they were convinced that 70% was a true percentage.

That's what I was shocked at.

They ALL had that same percentage, and didn't blink an eye.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

i dont see many surprises in the quoted figures in the report - it's hardly a surprise for example that the muslim world would want the legal framework and advice from their scripture to be used in their lands. it many seem quite alien to "us in the west" and it is no doubt largely misunderstood and misinterpreted in the western world as certain parts are easily seized upon for culture shock value and exploited as propaganda for the war on terror and to perpetuate the divide and conquer that supports it.

i was looking for a breakdown of the exact questions asked in a brief and manageable format but failed, though i did find Pewforum's site with an article:
www.pewforum.org...

there is a 200 page plus report here, a brief scan looks like there is more info on the questions asked which should give a picture we could analyse more closely - i dont have time right now, but i'm sure it will add to the debate:
www.pewforum.org...[ editby]edit on 1-5-2013 by skalla because: typo

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

in most ways i would agree with that. BUT what about those in those countries that are NOT Muslim and as such want no part of sharia law? or even Muslims that want no part of sharia law? should they simply because they are a minority have to just suffer from if? should every other country that does not have sharia law be forced to freely open their borders to these people, so that they won't have to suffer from a religious based law they want no part of? should something like "converting" to another religion or even become non religious be grounds for IMMEDIATE free emigration to another nation?

would this be reason enough to BAN immigration of Muslims to NON sharia ruled countries? to keep them from being able to FORM a majority wanting sharia law in the future? or would there be some sort of law brought in to countries that at a certain time do not have sharia law, to outright BAN any attempt to change the laws should they gain a "majority" in the future to protect a countries citizens that would want no part of sharia law? after all what would stop those who want sharia law from gaining a majority in the future that they may not have now, and then trying to force a change to sharia law? what about countries that have large "Muslim areas" or a extreme high concentration of Muslims in certain areas, should they be for all intents and purposes a "Muslim country" and thus end up with sharia law zones within a country?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Thanks Skalla.

Appreciate the links. Feel free to add to the discussion, when you have some time. I will look at the data you added.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I cannot support any law that is religiously decreed. Particularly among the book religions (judeo/christian/islam).

I'm much more in favor with keeping religion OUT of law, so that the law equally applies to EVERYONE - regardless of faith, sex, or creed.

Cirque

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

But it's still telling that they were convinced that 70% was a true percentage.

That's what I was shocked at.

They ALL had that same percentage, and didn't blink an eye.

INDEED. I was listening live at the time. The Islamic expert/researcher was himself SHOCKED and it showed in his voice tones and cadence. He was incredulous that every last one of them had the same percentage when the researcher had asked each one the same question without any feeding or hinting or otherwise pre-coloring the question. It was a raw, open-ended question--what%?

He was clearly still stunned some weeks or months later by the responses all being the SAME% . . . all so quickly and unhesitantly stated and such a high%.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join