It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Finds Mysterious Spheres in Ancient Temple

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ALIEN PODS!
they are face suckers.
from the film Aliens.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Man, you people are all wrong. It's not horta eggs, it's a cache of Goa'uld long range communication devices:

Although, Apophis is gone, so I'm going with they missed one of the Ba'al clones. Beware of Ba'al's balls.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I believe the spheres are associated with the serpent in this picture.

I’ll explain later in a new thread.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I always sphered this would happen someday..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
A. In almost all places of worship, there would be offertories. In some places of worship, this would be in particular shapes. In some pilgrimage places, there are effigies in shape of hands, etc stamped on silver or gold etc to be offered as sign of their prayers being answered.
B. In some places of worship, worshipers/pilgrims would submit some symbolic offerings

I think, these spherical objects may been some sort of symbolic offerings and would have been deposited into some receptacle and ending down under in these tunnels.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
well..

I'm baffled at how they were able to dig the tunnels without artificial light....meaning only using fire.. which produces smoke...logically, they would have to had one only 1 maybe 2 torches otherwise, smoke inhalation would have killed them...

I don't see any of the caves in there covered in soot.. or am I stretching a bit ??

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Representations of the Sun.

Indicative of a Sun worship, or at least a strong mythological symbolism with the Sun, perhaps similar to people wearing a crucifix or other religiously connected element today.

Maybe part of their funerary rites involved making and placing these yellow spheres / the Sun in the grave during the burial probably, to symbolise a connection between the life giving Sun (another yellow sphere in case you missed it), and the king or ruler..essentially the king being the life giver to the people, 'as important as the Sun' and all that jazz.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by buddha

I always sphered this would happen someday..

Randy...please.

I very nearly gave you a star for that...but then i thought...nah.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Komodo
well..

I'm baffled at how they were able to dig the tunnels without artificial light....meaning only using fire.. which produces smoke...logically, they would have to had one only 1 maybe 2 torches otherwise, smoke inhalation would have killed them...

I don't see any of the caves in there covered in soot.. or am I stretching a bit ??

It's a valid point, about the lighting and torches, etc. leaving behind soot.

We overthink things...simplify the problem.

How might they have gone about solving problems, like not going to tremendous effort to design and build a huge monument but to have them stained with oily soot and smoke damaged before it's even finished!

The solution, is normally the most simple alternative. Since no scorching or soot was found left behind on the ceilings or walls that would show the use of fire as a means of lighting, it's assumed they must have had some other unknown way or lighting the dark, but they probably didn't.

They probably used fire, oil lamps, torches and the like, but when exiting held the lamp or torch out in front of them, and had a partner or even team, dedicated to washing and cleaning the ceilings to prevent them being spoiled by soot and smoke as they went..it's low tech, very simple, costs virtually nothing and labour is available..they just cleaned the soot off as they went.

An even simpler way would have been to take in bundled lengths of dampened sackcloth, attached these to the walls and ceilings not being decorated etc. so the cloth takes the sooty deposits and not the monument...the cloth can be taken down as they left and washed.

edit on 28-12-2013 by MysterX because: added more info

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Randy...please.

I very nearly gave you a star for that...but then i thought...nah.

It's ok my brother. I know it's pretty cheezy. I love ya man.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

My favorite theory of giant pyramid of giza was it was a giant power plant. An old semi blurry documentary that had an Egyptian who grew up there and it was his belief. I wish I could remember his name, he is gone now but I believe he wrote a book. Point is that his theory about the pyramid made sense and could be the reason for other pyramids around the world.

I would think these might be spirit holder's. If they were made of this material and polished they would put off a great light show. Picture shiny polished walls and floor that could magically light up or at the very least take what light sources they had and made a room of prism like qualities. It would shimmer with color.

I imagine they had some fantastic trips there. I imagine placing the sphere, representing the spirit of lost soul, in these special places. OK, just a thought.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
wrong place, sorry
edit on 28-12-2013 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Well you guys have obviously never lived in south or been to jungle. They had all the natural light they wanted. It was brought from far and wide, even the ocean. You see there are many insects and natural phenomenon in nature that creates light.

As a kid I would light my whole room with four jars crammed full of lightning bugs. It was great fun but you would be surprised how much light was gained from these amazing bugs.

This is just one example for ya to ponder, our ancient relatives were much smarter than we give them credit for.
It is why many often jump to ancient alien theory. Having spent some time in quarry, for me I know they had help. There is no other explanation having seen first hand how modern man struggles with stones they had to have placed every two minutes.

Not even discussing the inlay work. Their knowledge of the stars and building and of the sun without telescopes but the naked eye is really hard to imagine. They made mathematical calculations most college kids can't do with their fancy computer calculator lol. Hmmmmm makes you wonder huh.

Some things have simple explanations, they had some natural light, the rest of the time the ceiling was covered with thin layer of clay that was peeled off when they were on the way out with their torches. They simply returned with only the natural light such as that from bugs and sea creatures.

The Bot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join