It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Finds Mysterious Spheres in Ancient Temple

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here's what pyrite spheres look like:

From the website, they are described as heart spheres. So each one could have been made to represent the respect or love for another person. We would have candles, they would have metal spheres.

www.mineralminers.com...

Valuable enough to allow someone to earn a living for a day, but not too expensive that they would be stolen.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

But what was placed in there 1800 years ago!

ccording to Gómez Chávez, the tunnel was sealed twice by the Teotihuacan people. Thick walls, erected to block access, were demolished about 1,800 years ago in order to deposit something very important in the central chamber at the end of the tunnel.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Don't understand how if this part of the site was only reachable by the robot - how come all the lighting is set up and floor finds numbered ?

Are those the pics of the spheres they are talking about or just some other part of the dig ?

Dude, everything is just cooler with a robot. Flight of the Navigator? Yep. Star Trek's Data? Yep. Star Wars and C3PO? Totally.

This topic has it all. Mystery, ancient temples....and ROBOTS!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have been watching the developments on this discovery since they announced the tunnel in 2010. I have a very educated friend and we have discussed just how much this appears to be a giant orgone accumulator (using the description of the minerals on the walls as a place to start). Keeping in mind that my friend is the expert here, not me... I did look it up and I think he may well be right. Here is a useful website with a description and cutaway: www.orgonite.info...

I am completely intrigued now!

Give me everything you've got ATS'ers... What do you think? Is he right?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sorrry, do not have the link, but the 3D mapping sure looks like thie complex is another beached Ark, or submarine, as it were. Of course, the locals would tell creation and emergence myths to back that up.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

They better look out or the Horta will get 'em.

edit on 5/1/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: photo

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Academic endeavours not withstanding, that robot could serve a better use by bringing me Budweisers on my deck.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Maybe they represented the eggs of the fantastical Quetzal Coatl, the serpent bird, deposited according to cycles of regeneration.

Quetzal eggs are curiously mis-shapen.

So i think that's the symbolism of those offerings.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
Maybe they represented the eggs of the fantastical Quetzal Coatl, the serpent bird, deposited according to cycles of regeneration.

Quetzal eggs are curiously mis-shapen.

So i think that's the symbolism of those offerings.

That's a brilliant conclusion
Nice,

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Or they were all telepathic, and these spheres are their equivalent of katra vol, holding their souls for eternity.

At least until some archaeologist carves them up and murders the mind inside. So sad.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Don't understand how if this part of the site was only reachable by the robot - how come all the lighting is set up and floor finds numbered ?

Are those the pics of the spheres they are talking about or just some other part of the dig ?

They said that the floor of the tunnel hadn't been excavated, so the natives presumably filled it in after hiding whatever they wanted to hide. But over time, the earth would have settled. That would have made the gap too short for anyone to explore. They could use the robot to explore that space.

Maybe they just used those spheres as a means to roll things over. Clay alone would crack. Metal spheres would dent. Fill a metal sphere with clay and you have an instant low friction system. Over time they get embedded in the floor.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My God !

Rocks!!!!!!

What dastardly conspiratorial plot is about to unfold on ATS??????

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If this was a photo of Mars, we would have someone saying there's a skull of an alien in the photo.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

I think I know what these spheres are...they're HORTA EGGS!

The researchers better get out while they can.
As long as they don't hatch into these little guys, all will be fine..

edit on 1-5-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Hooray for the robot. Too bad they don't show the pictures from the robots perspective... 1st look at the discovery, type of thing.

With all that string, the numbers, and lights hanging, I'm guessing people are down there already taking these pictures and getting ready to dig.

Not sure I understand what the robot was for if people can access these areas and take better pictures...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If they were spheres that look like rocks now due to erosion (OP's words) my question, what eroded them?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Nothing special just a sphere within a sphere, no hidden knowledge or secret here.

en.wikipedia.org...

For me this is the purpose of this spheres, to produce fire.

Wikipedia source

"The name pyrite is derived from the Greek πυρίτης (puritēs), "of fire" or "in fire",[7] in turn from πύρ (pur), "fire".[8] In ancient Roman times, this name was applied to several types of stone that would create sparks when struck against steel"

"Pyrite enjoyed brief popularity in the 16th and 17th centuries as a source of ignition in early firearms, most notably the wheellock, where the cock held a lump of pyrite against a circular file to strike the sparks needed to fire the gun."

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

edit on 2-5-2013 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I am sure i have seen something like these before...
yep, rocks.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I was getting all excited, until I seen the photos of these "spheres"

just lumps of minerals, possibly oxidized metallic lumps

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join