It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refusal to claim a deceased body: public repercussions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
bostonherald.com...

Ok, so they weren't that close or not anymore since 'death do they part'. (Or something more indirect)

But, what if nobody claims a body, does it really leave the death certificate incomplete and thus the deceased not officially dead?

If the family/blood relatives don't claim the body, can someone else claim it (ie, a religious organization, imam, or whatever)?

My gut feeling is there's something more to the widow's actions than disinterest or disgust. Perhaps she isnt 'free' to express how she really feels, or maybe signallying subconsciously that something just isn't right. For in a free society, one does not have to be forced to do anything except by nature.

In any case, who provides the services for the alleged corpse, taxpayers?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure no one can claim a body unless they're related. Or "next of kin".

But I also think you're reading too much into this. I don't blame her for not wanting to claim his body. With all the hysteria going on the poor woman won't be left alone.If I was in her position I'd probably do the same thing.

ETA : Watching the video though,she's correct about the immigrant thing. This country needs to stop catering to them.But that's for a whole different thread. I did LOL at "clitorectomy" . Is that even a word?

edit on 1-5-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yeah, goes to show blood is thicker than water, especially in times of war (ie, war on terror).

Ok, so the recent wifey didnt claim her terror suspect's husband. Surprised the family haven't either... yet.

I mean, Adam Lanza shot 28 dead including 20 of them wee toddlers, yet his father claimed his body. Don't see the big deal with claiming a body of a suspect alleged to have killed 3.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I worked in the funeral business a few years ago, and took a class on mortuary law, if I remember correctly, if a body is not claimed after a period of time, the remains are disposed according to state law, ie burial or cremation, and usually the remains are cremated and disbursed in a 'rememberance pond' or some such at a public Cemetary.
Not exactly sure if I am right how the creamains are despised of

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, Muslims, like Jews, usually opt to or believe strongly in burial as opposed to cremation.

Well, at least mortuary laws provide a speedy, fair disposal of the deteriorating corpse for even in the fridge they go bad, over time and at an expense to taxpayers & the environment too just for nothing but a physical embodiment of what once was, now removed.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by below
Yeah, goes to show blood is thicker than water, especially in times of war (ie, war on terror).

Ok, so the recent wifey didnt claim her terror suspect's husband. Surprised the family haven't either... yet.

I mean, Adam Lanza shot 28 dead including 20 of them wee toddlers, yet his father claimed his body. Don't see the big deal with claiming a body of a suspect alleged to have killed 3.

Seriously? If you can't see the difference between those two events... there's not really much I can say to you.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Maybe she doesn't want to pay for the funeral or burial, or is so horrified herself at what her husband did that she wants no part of him. Letting sleeping dogs lie. And there can't be a wake or funeral, unless it is guarded from hecklers and people coming into a funeral home and spitting on the corpse or coffin. And how is the Ann Coulter vid related to the thread's title? She's one savvy book salesman, that's for sure.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by below

Plenty of news out there on how her husband was abusive, not only to her, but ex-girlfriends. I wouldn't want to claim him either.

And I don't blame her for keeping her head down, mouth shut and hijab on. If the family is fanatical she might have fears of not seeming devout enough to raise their child.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by below

No one has to claim it...the death certificate doesnt need anyone to list cause of death either....

And it doesnt have to have any service...no one does.....and the hospitals and med schools are filled with bodies exactly like that: waiting for studies, disections...both unclaimed and people whove donated themselves or willed themselves to research

new topics

top topics

join