It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by iksose7

A couple of months ago i finally bit the bullet and bought an Astrotrac! So now i have tracking

Nice pictures hope you don't mind your M42 above I gave it a little tweak hope you like.

Looks good mate. Bit of a red haze around the neb though and you blew out the core
You cant see the jewel of M42, the trapezium! More contrast in the colours though.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Here's a couple more from me.

Saturn taken through a 4.5 inch reflector, with cheap CCD camera that broke on me later

A partial eclipse of the sun back in 1998, taken with my old SLR Cannon AE-1 through a 4.5 inch reflector

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I've been using a Samsung S3 to capture images of the moon with my 6" reflector. You have to snap about 100 shots to end up with a few which are centered, etc.

I'd post them if I had the ability to do so, via my iPad.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Looks good mate. Bit of a red haze around the neb though and you blew out the core
You cant see the jewel of M42, the trapezium! More contrast in the colours though.

Well to be honest that was done using FastStone image viewer in about 1 min so it's limited to what you can do with an image but as you probably know 1001 different versions could be made with your image last is a couple of minutes in Lightroom.

Yours

FastStone

Again a quick play around with your image 2 mins in lightroom

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Ive only had a go at space once with a 1300mm lens i borrowed off a friend. The final result is a composite of 2 images.

I had to shrink the pic to get it on here

edit on 2-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

What lens was that PhoenixOD,

1300mm
handheld shot then

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by PhoenixOD

What lens was that PhoenixOD,

1300mm
handheld shot then

Seems i got that wrong it was a opteka 650-1300mm f/8-16 telephoto zoom lens with a 2x converter. Its not what i would call a high quality lens comapred to others out there but it does do the job. The camera was a Canon 5d mk II.

I had it on a tripod , TBH it was a nightmare trying to first find the moon and get it in focus before it moved out of shot. Very frustrating

edit on 2-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by abeverage

Thanks for sharing, love those images.
Thats some great detail on the sunspot, quite amazing to say at least.

yes of course! The sunspot was done with baader film a 5" SCT and a Canon T2i with the AVI at 640x480 crop, then stacked in registax 6.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have to say, I've been here a long time and this is one of the most enjoyable threads I've ever had the pleasure of reading on ATS.

I live in Manhattan so I don't really get the opportunity to see any of these wonders of the sky due to the amount of light from all the buildings and streetlights etc. so it's even more impressive for me to see what you all have been able to capture.

I hope this thread will continue to grow as the number of talented folks we have here is so astonishing.

Thanks to all! And especially Spacedoubt!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Since everyone's sharing their Orion nebula pictures I might as well share mine as well. I shot this a few years ago, but I'd like to do a new one sometime using my widefield refractor to catch the running man as well.

farm3.staticflickr.com...

Here's some of my latest deep space work, though I'm not happy with it yet. I need to collect more light on it. The Witch's Broom nebula (part of the Veil nebula):

farm8.staticflickr.com...

Also, here's a timelapse of comet Pan-STARRS from back in March. I shared it on one of the Pan-STARRS threads, but I think it looks better in this sped-up version:
www.flickr.com...
It was really cool to actually be able to follow it all the way to setting on the horzion. The island you see at the end of the video was several miles away across a bay. It only looks that bright due to the long exposures of the camera; by eye there wasn't much to see. In fact I didn't get to see the comet at all by eye, only by telescope (though it was plainly visible in the eyepiece).

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Greetings, a topic near and dear to my heart! I took these images using the 20" telescope at Corning Community College, and the 12" telescope at Clarkson University, enjoy!

M13

Lagoon Nebula

Triffid Nebula

Pluto!

Black Eye Galaxy

Sombrero Galaxy

Moon Close Up

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've been wanting to go spend more time outside with my camera (I'd really like to get some Milkyway shots), but the weather has not been cooperating.

Spring.....the worst time of the year for me to try and be outside at night. Rain, rain, then more rain.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mjp54

Love that pic...looks like a painting...

this is making me want to learn

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
Since everyone's sharing their Orion nebula pictures I might as well share mine as well. I shot this a few years ago, but I'd like to do a new one sometime using my widefield refractor to catch the running man as well.

I like that alot! You captured the trapizium very well. I would love to have a scope that went that deep.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Have to say i like that version much more! Better core on that one. Yeah, you can go on for days reprocessing data, i guess its all about personal taste more than anything else.

reply to post by Speedtek

A 20" scope! Lucky you, not too many people can say they have photographed Pluto! Nice job

edit on 2-5-2013 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Heres a couple more from me...

Barnard 33, the famous Horse Head and the Flame nebula sitting next to Orions Belt.

Eposure Details -
1 Hour 39 Minutes of 3 minute exposures, f5.6, ISO 800, 300mm.

And this one from a couple weeks ago. This was first light for my then new EF200L lens. Just a test run really to see how it preformed.

Thats M81+M82 aswell as a couple other galaxies. Only 30 minutes of data as the Sun was starting to rise but i will be adding more at some point soon.
edit on 2-5-2013 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
And here is the Iris Nebula from last night. 48 minutes of 3 minute subs which is not nearly enough to show off the amount of dust in this area. Its a start though until it moves into a better position for imaging later in the year!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

As always,utterly amazing images ngchunter.
You are one step beyond Sir.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
reply to post by iksose7

Wow,just awesome images iksose7!!!
Incredible images indeed.
If you have not done so,make a seperate thread of all your best astro images please!

Great thread,I bow to the quality of these images.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And here is the Iris Nebula from last night. 48 minutes of 3 minute subs which is not nearly enough to show off the amount of dust in this area. Its a start though until it moves into a better position for imaging later in the year!

Aha, nice one (not that the others weren't as well)! That's one I've been eager to capture at some point. Very nice start on it. I had some nice mallincam video of the Horsehead/Flame area as well but lost it all when justin.tv banned me (they didn't want an astrophotographer on the portion of their site meant for video games - I would also occasionally stream space simulators but there's no option for a 'hybrid broadcaster' like me).

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You have not put your name as copy rights.
so ATS and any one can Sell your work.

you need to put at the bottom in small print,
your name and copy right.

how do you feel that ATS
can sell your photos and make money of you?

farcebook and twater steal your work to.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join