It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 46
<< 43  44  45   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: w810i

The camera raw images are stacked in DSS.
Didn't use any darks or flats.
Afterwards I edit the TIFF file in Camera Raw and Photoshop. No special kind of editing just tweaking the curves, levels and contrast and correcting CA and vignetting.
Maybe need to do them over again and try to get more balance in the overall image. I also messed up with the vignetting correction.

a reply to: imitator
Didn't knew a camera like that could capture such solar details, very impressive!

Yep that heat doesnt do any good to the camera. Funny though, we had 30ºC during the day and at night it dropped to 10º. Initially wasn't going to do any imaging but when I saw the clear skies and low temps I couldn't resist/refuse. It was also the last day of the trip and didn't had any good opportunities yet. Started around 2am and ended around 5am.
Happy with the results though, as I'm still a beginner noob in astrophotography and still much to learn.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Last night I went up to Glacier National Park to do some night shooting. I had an experience that in all the years of going up there day or night I've never had. I had a friend with me and we were in the tunnel up on the Going to the Sun. This was about 1 am and the road was deserted. As I was setting up for this shot I heard footsteps in the tunnel coming towards us. I shined my light down to see if someone was walking down the road. There was no one. I went back to setting up the shot and I heard the footsteps start up again. They stopped directly behind us and that's when we both got the feeling that we were not alone in the tunnel, even though we could not see anything. After about 30 seconds the steps continued on the other direction and a couple of minutes later they were coming back towards us. We spent around an hr in the tunnel shooting and the entire time we had this visitor with us, watching us. Interestingly enough a few years ago bout half a mile up the road from where we were a young man was pushed off a cliff by his new bride. So this was the first ghost experience I've ever had in glacier. FYI - that's not a ghost in the shot.

edit on 1-9-2017 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Wow that is an incredible shot!

And the experience you had while getting it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Awesome shot!
Very magical looking...and it's haunted!
On the skeleton right-side, the rock wall shadow casts a tombstone...........

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Look at that it...it does indeed!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That shot is stunning, thanks for sharing your work.

Kudos to the OP and an amazing photo thread!

edit on 1-9-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's another one.

Reflections

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

This is amazing, Graphic Inversion meets Realism

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

This is amazing, Graphic Inversion meets Realism

I've grown bored just shooting the milky way so I've started doing this

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Outstanding images!

I'm very jealous!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Outstanding images!

I'm very jealous!

Ty sir. All luck

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
With all the devastation from the hurricanes one thing that is not mentioned hardly at all in the news is the wildfires in montana. I can turn in every direction and find a wildfire. Last night I went up to one of my favorite places Glacier National Park to shoot this

The Big Dipper sets above the Sprague fire in Glacier National Park. If you look closely you can see the fire looking back at you with hungry eyes.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My shots of the total eclipse:

top topics

<< 43  44  45   >>

join