It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Thanks!

I need to clean the CCD though. It's got spots on it (dark blobs). Not sure how it got that dirty.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

a reply to: wmd_2008
Nice editing!

Thanks a quick edit from the raw files that erik uploaded.

Straight jpeg from raw file

A little rushed edit

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ok, noob question here. I just learned that stacking is a technique. Any particular software one should look for?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eql612

DSS deep sky stacker for nebula stars etc registax for planets startrail starstax all free software.

Yoy can also use Photoshop or Sefif Affinity Photo.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Those look really nice! Thank you!

Waiting to see if the clouds will depart by tonight so I can get back out there. I was tied up the last two nights and unable to do anything.

If I can get out early enough, going to see if I can zoom in on Alnitak and get some images of the Flame Nebula and the Horse Head Nebula.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So this was the best I could do last night:

It was late by the time the clouds moved out, and there was still a haze in the air. Worse: Orion was sitting low on the horizon because it was late.

Even worse: I bumped the mount.....grrrrrrr.

Was a stack of only 4 shots that came out and were useful, but I did faintly capture the Flame Nebula.

Tonight, it's crystal clear out there so I can get started right when it gets dark. I've got a few ideas in mind that I'm going to try:

The Rosette Nebula, located half way between Betelgeuse and Sirius. It's a challenging target (can't see it very well), but it is quite beautiful.

Also going to zoom in on M42 Orion's nebula again, only this time, I'm going to use my 2x converter on my lens so it will be at 1000mm focal length instead of 500mm. Wish me luck!

ETA: Oh, yah, I finally got my CCD sensor cleaned. There was dust on it, giving me dark holes in my pics, hehehe. Hopefully those will be gone now.
edit on 3/19/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well here is what I got tonight, this is a stack of 10 images, ISO 1600, 2 minute exposures, focal length 500mm, f 8.0.

I really need to start using my lap top too when taking the pics. A large amount of them were out of focus because they looked in focus to me on the little screen on my camera, grrrrr.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Great shot, it's not to blurry... the Flame Nebula stands out, and has some nice details to it!

Here is one from last night, I wasn't going to post it because it's blown out and noisy.... but just decided why not haha.

There is 3 satellites in the image, only one of them is more noticeable....

50mm, f 1.8, ISO 3200, 4 sec. shutter, 2 sec. delay between shots, 12 stacked images, satellites 1.2 min in length.

edit on 20-3-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

That's pretty cool!

I love shots that capture things like that, or shooting stars. Gives the image a unique "flavor" to it in my opinion.

Looks like I'm going to be down for the count for the next week. Weather will not be cooperating. Such is Spring.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Looks like I'm going to be down for the count for the next week. Weather will not be cooperating. Such is Spring.

Same here in the next few days, windy Thursday, stormy Friday.

My first shot of Jupiter, I stayed up late to catch it....

I took a few shots with a cheap 60Az telescope, no markings on the eyepiece I think its a 18 or 20mm. Stacked the images in Paintshop. One bright shot to overlay the moons...Ganymede, Io, Europa up in the top right of Jupiter, looks like a faint shadow and Callisto.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I want you guys to stop this. It's making me sad that I'm not home at Chez Bedlam gradually inching through my five year plan to build a nice home observatory out in the cow pasture.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I want you guys to stop this. It's making me sad that I'm not home at Chez Bedlam gradually inching through my five year plan to build a nice home observatory out in the cow pasture.

In case it is of interest to you, here's a guy that is on the same camera forum I belong to that has a set-up that you 'might be' interested in. The main reason I mention this is he shows how he made his set-up out in his pasture. (In Florida)
www.flickr.com...

If I remember correctly, he has only been shooting the sky less than a year, but then again, time does fly. (It was last Fall now that I read more)
Here is the camera forum's 'stuff' on his step-by-step build if that helps.
photography-on-the.net...

If nothing else, it's interesting to read and look at.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Hi erik another 5 min edit of one of your images

before

after

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Seeing is just so rarely great there. Maybe I should shoot for being the first amateur with a guidestar based adaptive correction system. I wonder how hard it is to get approval to fire a big honkin' laser overhead.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I wonder how hard it is to get approval to fire a big honkin' laser overhead.

I Suspect you already have that approval .

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Not from the house.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I know i wont understand the answer but what exactly would you need approval for , a laser guide for your photos . ?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I know i wont understand the answer but what exactly would you need approval for , a laser guide for your photos . ?

Ah! I'd normally give you a detailed answer but I'm on my phone. Google "guide star laser adaptive" and down the astronomical rabbit hole you will go

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Googled it , and , it a kind of optical guide . If not i got nuttin .

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join