It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger jet seconds from hitting UFO over Glasgow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I wouldn't dream of implying such a thing
It's a well known fact that the Police would NEVER ignore protocol

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

Ok, point taken, there are corrupt police officers

But even corrupt coppers aren't stupid enough to fly around putting hundreds of lifes at risk, which is clearly the case here. And this has nothing to do with Hillsborough either

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just think if it had crashed into Glasgow, £30 of damage at least.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

Lol............Why i Oughta!

edit on 1-5-2013 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by DrunkYogi

Well if you discount gliders or Microlights,RAF Machrihanish on the Scottish Western Isles,dubbed as Scotland's area 51, is very close to Glasgow,maybe an encounter with TR-3B/Aurora or a stealth drone?

Machrihanish was shut down mate, no longer operational, although you are correct in that it was once rumoured to have based 1 of 3 TR-3Bs in Europe

Now that I didn't know .. Thanks for the reply to the thread.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
Strathclyde police operate a blue and yellow helicopter out of Glasgow
2nd

Nothing was tracked on radar at the time, choppers would have a signature.

BBC snippet,

"Air traffic control said they had no trace of any other objects in the area at the time of the incident, although the radar at Prestwick did spot an "unidentified track history" 1.3 nautical miles east of the A320's position 28 seconds earlier. Once the aircraft had landed, the pilot told the Glasgow Aerodrome Controller: "We seemed to only miss it by a couple of hundred feet, it went directly beneath us. Wherever we were when we called it in it was within about 10 seconds. Couldn't tell what direction it was going but it went right underneath us."
edit on 1-5-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What aircraft would have a very low radar signature, be flying at 3500 feet, and could do 1.3 miles in 28 seconds (about 170MPH / 270KMH) ?

That seems quick for a microlight (assuming the brief radar hit was the same thing), perhaps nippy for a helicopter too.

A drone or private aircraft would have shown up on radar more than this did, and although I have seen some fast RC planes, it seems unlikely to be that either.

So, UFO or police helicopter? (It is Glasgow, the pilots could very well have been drunk, lol)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It was probably Top Gear filming another stunt with a blue and yellow robin reliant or mini clubman

PDUK

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I could imagine it, not content with turning a Reliant Robin into a space shuttle, the lads want to go one better and give Virgin Galactic a run for their money by creating the worlds first commercial spacecraft made out of a Morris Marina, which ultimately fails, crashes into the ground and for no explainable reason a grand piano will drop on it.

EDIT: PDUK, wanna get together over the weekend with a Morris Marina and shed load of coca cola/mentos.....I have a cunning plan....
edit on 1/5/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I had a fighter cross in front of me and probably 300 to 500 feet above me in the 1980s -- ok I think it was a fighter - I was at about 4000 ft. It went from left to right in the blink of an eye. I was doing about 100 mph.

It was too quick to identify it was loud and I doubt he even saw me. The long and short of it things were different in the 80s. It was more like WOW that was close. Never thought of jumping to UFO. Actually never even talked to anyone other than my friends about it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
the quiet ones awaiting more information...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

You seem to also be forgetting, that there are no fly zones around commercial airports.

Zcustosmorum, good point mate and below is a similar incident from Manchester airport in 1995 - like the Glasgow case the pilot also feared a mid-air collision and even ducked in his seat.

Pilots witness UFO over Manchester airport - January, 1995

Can't find a repost of the video anywhere but it does state that, like the Glasgow case, the Manchester Airport UFO incident was the subject of an official CAA investigation yet the object remains unidentified.

Cheers.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's a shame that NOTAMS aren't archived, and it's a key bit of info they always miss from articles/reports. If they said "NOTAMS were checked and there was nothing to indicate..." it would be useful, but as it stands, there's no knowledge that these people check NOTAMS.

NOTAMS lists all things that might affect UK airspace, including laser shows, firework displays, explosives, military manouvers, weather balloon releases... go have a look. It should be a one stop shop for those sighting UFO's or strange things in the skies - though it can only be checked at the time, not afterwards really :/

www.notaminfo.com...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pnormal
I am not sure about control towers & radars etc, can anyone tell me what exactly the radar can pick up?

They use the transponder ID to identify the location of each plane, each of which transmits its own location, altitude, heading and call-sign. That information can be placed in a map.

Weather radar uses the traditional radar scanning method, and is used to pick up the different sized raindrops in the sky, as well as flocks of migrating birds.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So its being discussed over on the 'Professional Pilots rumour network' forum, and apart from confirming that microlights do appear on radar, that whatever it was was travelling in a commercial air lane illegally, on the discussion on gliders/microlights/Strathclyde police helicopter/private aircraft, this was posted:

"Already discounted, no microlights or light aircraft in the vicinity, and Baillieston would be a very unusual coordinate for such an incursion in any case without the aircraft being tracked for quite some time beforehand.

As has already been mentioned, an "unidentified track history" 1.3 nautical miles east of the A320's position 28 seconds earlier." was registered, so if it was the same object, it was travelling too fast to be any of the above, or a 'novelty balloon'

Aircrew are normally very wary about coming forward after reporting unidentified objects, so it must have spooked them.

Worth considering before posting the usual knee-jerk "Meh, it was obviously x, y or z".

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I found this and it reminded me of this thread, it's a story of blue and orange UFO's from the Citizen's Hearing on Disclosure.
YouTube

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
I TOOK THIS VIDEO THE DAY IT HAPPENED!

I live exactly where this happened and I took a video of what I thought was something strange, what must have been just a few hours before this incident.

This is strange, but most people I've talked to pass it off as some kind of lights, but you gotta admit this is a pretty massive coincidence.

I see this in the sky for the first time ever (lived here all my life) and then a plane almost collides with an unidentified object a few hours later.

Coincidence...?

Heres the link if I fail to embed it:

Video
edit on 1/5/13 by SaltireWarrior because: (no reason given)

Looks like the beam from a searchlight - seen them several places (Mountain View cineplex, California) (Edinburgh Castle, Scotland, during the Military Tattoo), and other places. Some of these search-lights are programmable and consist of multiple lamps and lenses so they can do things like create points of lights in the clouds that go round in choreographed patterns or just create a single point of light.

<< 1   >>

join