It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, the closest person in my life died...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

It seems like death is something that our culture likes to pretend is not going to happen to them. Of course if you ask somebody they will say that they are aware that one day they are gonna die. However most people don't act like it. They just act like the days are going to keep coming for them no matter what and if death does happen to them then it is going to be far far off down the road after they are old and covered in cats. Ancient people understood what people today have tried hard to forget and ignore. That nothing/nobody ever really dies. Death is just a part of life. And no matter how long you live, time is nothing but a blink of an eye and we will all go home soon.

I've lost my grandparents, as well as a whole lot of loyal dogs I have had over the years. When the day comes and I get to go home I bet the dogs will be the first ones I see.

Keep your head up OP. You'll be in my prayers.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I am feeling so badly for your pain,i wish to extend my sincere sympathy.Hold on to your love for her,and cherish the wonderful memories of your grandma.What you saw laying there was just a vehicle-your grandma got out,she left.We live in these flesh-suits/vehicles when we incarnate here,and when our tour is finished,we ditch them.She is still alive,but just not in this dimension,and i'm sure she will let you know that,just be aware+alert.You knew her so well,you'll recognise a sign.Bless you,and my heartfelt sympathy.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss onequestion.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i lost my mother and then my father 10 years later,and now my 96 year old nana is in a similar situation as your grandmother was.stay strong,in time it gets easier and you begin to think of all the good times instead of the suffering at the end.remember that when you are not sad anymore it does not mean that you are loving them less,it just means that you let go of the sadness.my thoughts are with you today,sorry for your loss.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Your post saddens me.

This may or may not help, it often does.

Once the mortuary has finished their work and just prior to your Grandmother's funeral, try to spend some time with her in an open coffin. She will look peaceful as if she is sleeping. If your consciously try to you may find you can replace those disturbing images with more beneficial ones.

Mortuaries are quite happy for this to happen. You can talk to your Grandmother, let her know you were frightened and take some solace from your words. I believe firmly that, this close to passing, the spirit of your Grandmother will hear you clearly.

You have my condolences to add to the list here, it is hard and yet try to remember only the good times you spent together.

P

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hey, all. I really appreciate all the condolences and everything thanks.

Im feeling a lot better today. I was reading through a lot of posts of people going through some rough stuff, hope you guys are doing ok.
edit on 1-5-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I'm so glad that you are feeling a bit better today onequestion and my thoughts are with you. Though the circumstances in your lives that brought you closer to her were not ideal, It sounds like you love her very much.

Although our interactions here have been brief , I have seen a person willing to change and grow for the better.

I am so very sorry for your loss

Penny

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My condolences to you.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I wrote this because it is helping me cope with this loss.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Sorry for your loss, Onequestion.

My mother was a hard, cruel person, but I still have memories of a few good times with her. Now those memories are ruined because I went to her wake and saw her in the casket. Every time I think of her from the past, my mind always conjures up the image of her dead. I refused to do that when my sister passed away, so my memories of her are still good. I will no longer go to any wake of those I truly care about.
edit on 5/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

My sincerest condolences

I wish I had more to say but I know that in times like these words are only words.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss, can sympathize and empathize with you, I was raised by my grandmother and now I have a friend of mine who is the closest thing to a mother I have in my life.

My mother died from cancer when I was 9. So, I can totally relate, and hope that you too, may find (not a replacement,) for noone can ever replace that special family member, but someone, to whom you can be as close to.

Don't really know my friend is Catholic, my mother and grandmother were Baptists, but they too believed in heaven, I admit I'm not sure, but I think there is something afterward.

It does get better, time is a healer.

Best wishes.
edit on 1-5-2013 by 1loserel2 because: correction

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
When you mentioned your Grandma on the other thread I did pray for her to go to heaven. I didn't know her name so I thought of her as Rose when I prayed for her. Now, I will be praying for you a you grieve. I am Catholic like your Grandma and I do believe she is in Heaven. Glad you had her in your life.

Wishing you lots of happy memories to see you through this time.

Love and Prayers,
sad eyed lady

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Thanks! I will be at mass today in about 2 hours so we will be preforming all of the traditional prayers and rituals that go along with that.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So sorry about your grandmother. Hope you are holding up okay after this morning.
Hugs.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Just wanting to stop and comment here to hope you are making through the days OK. Any dreams or feelings of peace? Itll happen.
Good vibes aimed towards u...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join