It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on Tape: Shotgun-Wielding Thug Finds Himself Staring Down the Barrel of His Own Gun After 'Vi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
S&F

This is brilliant!

Love it when stories like this come out.

I hope his prints were left on the gun.

Or better yet, a perfect ending to this story would be if the attacker kept the mans cell phone and they tracked it with either GPS or by triangulating the signal. He probably thinks he can sell the phone and make up for the shotty he lost.
edit on 30-4-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by neo96

Yea what he pulled isn't smart. Is he brave? Yes, very much so, but it's not worth dying over your wallet.

There was still a chance of dying. The thug still could have shot the guy after taking his wallet, phone and what ever. I can't call him stupid for following his self-preservation instincts.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That guy has my respect.

Balls the size of boulders going for the shotgun like that.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

reply to post by neo96

Yea what he pulled isn't smart. Is he brave? Yes, very much so, but it's not worth dying over your wallet.

There was still a chance of dying. The thug still could have shot the guy after taking his wallet, phone and what ever. I can't call him stupid for following his self-preservation instincts.

While true you have to weigh the situation. A guy that is asking for money usually doesn't want to add a murder charge to his rap sheet, otherwise why not just shoot you first and take your wallet when you're dead? If a guy is waving you into a van with tinted windows, yea go for the gun.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Update;

Sources: Teen in Marigny shotgun attempted robbery turns self in to police

www.wdsu.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I just realized my link to this story is no longer working.

We have recently migrated our site to a new platform which is why old links may no longer work.

So instead I will quote the story from WDSU;

NEW ORLEANS —A teen boy was arrested in connection with Saturday’s attempted armed robbery in Marigny in which the victim turned the tables on his attacker.

New Orleans police said the 16-year-old boy surrendered to authorities Wednesday afternoon.

Police said the teen will be charged in three different armed robberies that happened in the Marigny neighborhood.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

reply to post by neo96

While true you have to weigh the situation. A guy that is asking for money usually doesn't want to add a murder charge to his rap sheet, otherwise why not just shoot you first and take your wallet when you're dead? If a guy is waving you into a van with tinted windows, yea go for the gun.

A lot of those thugs are not only looking for money but they look for noteriety especially if they are in a gang.

I have taken my chances with a bat and knife in the past and it worked out.. i essentially did it cuz it pissed me off. I think this guy felt the same way and he decided to take his chance since he was so close to him. If he would have been a little further away i don't think he would have done that.. he saw an opening and he took it. good for him.

edit on 2-5-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Either this was faked or the man with the gun is just the stupidest person ever.

When the victim barely touches the gun, it automatically causes the thief to run for his life (even though he still has the gun in his own hand)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You know, I am thinking that maybe the gun was not loaded, although it does not really matter. If you watch the video it is evident that as soon as the man made a grab for the gun the criminal started to run. He did not even attempt to keep the gun or to fight. I am not sure what to make of that, and that is why I was thinking it was not loaded. I am not sure if he would have tried to shoot him had it been loaded, but I at least figured he would have put up more of a fight. Apparently the stupid robber was expecting this guy to just give him his money, and did not think of what else could happen. They will likely find this guy, and he will go to prison, where he belongs.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
New Orleans native here: The thugs are getting more and more brazen each passing year and people are getting more and more tired of it. This also happened in New Orleans within a few days:
www.nola.com...

(Turned out to be a drugged out out of towner who worked for a band playing Jazzfest).

NOPD response time is enough to get murdered and raped 100 times before they arrive, if they ever do. Orleans Parish Prison and Jefferson Parish prison are always overcrowded and releasing criminals back into the street.

Obviously one should have training before attempting what this guy did, but all the power to him. It's time for us to fight back against the empowered thugs. Government will not protect you, your family, or your property.

One shouldnt gamble with one's life, but thugs are predators. They pray on the weak. Like all bullies, they don't expect someone to fight back.

edit on 2-5-2013 by SELAboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Go ahead and try it!

The fact is most of the time, if you have even a little training you can move much faster than the normal human response time. In fact, pretty much everyone can.

Unless the enemy is themselves a master martial artist, most if not all normal criminals (ie common thugs and police) are just angry, scared, and desperate people. Plus drug users (if they are one) have a distinct disadvantage too.

FIGHT BACK!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join