It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Elxai: What was the Early Church hiding??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In 1415 the chruch of Rome destroyed all knowledge of two Second Century Jewish books which apparently contained the true name of Jesus... One of these books was called Book of Elxai

We know of the existence of this book from the writing of Hippolytus of Rome (170-236)

Within his writing in Philosophumena, (The Refutation of All Heresies) He speaks of a Jewish Christian called Alcibiades of Apamea, who came to Rome with a book received from Parthia by a just man named Elchasai(Elxai)...According to this man Alcibiades this book was ..."revealed by an angel ninety-six miles high, sixteen miles broad and twenty-four across the shoulders, whose footprints were fourteen miles long and four miles wide by two miles deep."

When I first spoke to a close Christian friend of mine about the publishing of Tony Bushby’s The Bible Fraud, her reaction was one that many Christians have expressed, and one that made me aghast. She didn’t want the book available because it would "persuade them away from the Bible and the word of God." Further discussions with her and many other Christians around the world about The Bible Fraud all result in the Bible being quoted as the ultimate reference for the apparent "words of God," and therefore the basis for their arguments. The problem lies in that they believe the Bible is infallible.

If we examine the oldest known Bible to date, the "Sinai Bible" housed in the British Museum (I believe that, during his many years of research, Tony had a private viewing of this priceless book), we find a staggering 14,800 differences from today’s Bible and yet it still remains the word of God?

As Tony points out, the history of our ’genuine’ Bibles is a convoluted one. Firstly we cannot be sure that we have the full version as it was originally intended. In 1415 the Church of Rome took an extraordinary step to destroy all knowledge of two second century Jewish books that it said contained the true name of Jesus Christ. The Antipope Benedict XIII firstly singled out for condemnation a secret Latin treatise called "Mar Yesu" and then issued instructions to destroy all copies of the book of Elxai. The Rabbinic fraternity once held the destroyed manuscripts with great reverence for they were comprehensive original records reporting the life of Rabbi Jesus.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The book of Elxai

Why was this book destroyed?

Apparently there are no copies existent in the public realm.... but I would bet theres a copy in the Vatican library somewhere...

What exactly was the early church trying to hide by destroying this book?

I've read a few different theories on the issue, some of which include the idea that Jesus was actually Female... Another states that Jesus was married up to three times in his life, one marriage was to his half sister...

I think this is definitely a conspiracy behind this book...

IF theres any members who know of some of the stories behind it, or even a few extra theories on the matter... Please contribute to this discussion

Needless to say, i'll be reading into this issue for a while...

Very interesting reading material to say the least

edit on 30-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The church was trying to build a consistent canon, and there were plenty of books floating around that just didn't fit in. Fragmentary, drawing on different traditions, inconsistent. If you want an example of a book that chose instead to incorporate all kinds of odd literary fragments, just look at the Qur'an. It's unintelligible in many spots to the point where it requires all kinds of "interpreters" and "scholars" to tell you what it's about.

Bottom line is that rather than heretical, the book was probably just a piece of crap like so many others.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

IF this book was a piece of crap as you stated, it wouldn't have been quoted by anyone... The text wouldn't have held any importance in any religious establishment anywhere, and it simply would have disapeared

This book is not only quoted by several important people in history... but its existence and subsequent destruction is documented.

Books are not destroyed without a reason... perhaps it was heretical...

Or perhaps it held some information that the church was afraid to let out.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Or perhaps it was crap.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ignorance should never be destroyed, merely made an example of. Ignorance will dig its own grave. Knowledge, on the other hand, will be persecuted to its final breath...because knowing is half the battle. I would say the destruction of this book and any like it was an act of disarmament comparable to the 2nd amendment squabbles taking place today.
edit on 30-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I didn't expect a quote from the prophet G.I Joe in this thread...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you try Googling it, I think you'll find I didn't necessarily quote G.I. Joe. My sources are far older than even that franchise.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Books are not destroyed without a reason... perhaps it was heretical...

Books most usually forgotten or destroyed because they're lousy. Check through the collection of books at the Salvation Army store. They're just junk.

Or perhaps it held some information that the church was afraid to let out.

Like that Jesus wasn't the Savior or Son of God? More than half the world already believes that, including the Jews. Not much of a secret.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Books most usually forgotten or destroyed because they're lousy. Check through the collection of books at the Salvation Army store. They're just junk.

Uhh... I think we live in a different time then people did 2000 years ago... we have things like printing presses, and companies that do mass distributions of any Tripe that might make a buck...

Back then writing materials were expensive, and hard to come by... Not to mention the fact that most people didn't know how to read or write...

Books back in those times were destroyed for a reason... Likely because they showed something that the "higher ups" or PTB didn't want released to the public... or something that opposed the usual doctrine of the time...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Epiphanius quotes the book of Elxai

My sons, go not to the image of the fire, for ye err; for this image is error. Thou seest it [the fire], he says, very near, yet is it from afar. Go not to its image; but go rather to the voice of the water!"

Referring to the condemnation of the Temple blood sacrifices at Jerusalem...

gnosis.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lets start with those footie prints...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Lets start with those footie prints...

I would be interested to see a foot print that size...

Maybe someone should start a google earth search for said footie prints eh?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

excellent thread AK
don't mind my smart a$$ bS

around here if you can't track it its probably a fish....

I find the topic of ANgels on EArth facinating..I just wonder why they and the plANet, like mAN, are named after old Sumerian gods and their offices

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Akragon

excellent thread AK
don't mind my smart a$$ bS

around here if you can't track it its probably a fish....

I find the topic of ANgels on EArth facinating..I just wonder why they and the plANet, like mAN, are named after old Sumerian gods and their offices

I live for smart ass bullsmit my friend...

Its all good!

Thanks for the cudos

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Been a long time since I have looked or thought about such things but I seem to remember (as you) there were several books that did not fit into the Church's plans for a united book all would preach from. Book of Mary Magdalene, Judas, and 14 books known as the Apocrypha were either removed from the King James Bible or have become something of a rarity. Most of the agnostic writings were totally discarded from the King James version and demonized.
I am not a bible scholar but the way the King James version was agree upon is a story unto itself. If I remember the story told or read to me his kingdom was divided and there was actual violence being committed by the different sects and teachings in his kingdom. He called the leaders of the different sects and told them they would not leave until they could agree and unite their flocks by a common Bible they could all teach from. A little more involved than that but it was an act to save the peace of the Kingdom.

Someone of faith will say "The 1611 King James Bible is the only bible the GOD intended for us to have. it is the one HE protected and spread, before man decided to start translating it and chopping it up. what is in it or what was left out of it is exactly what HE wanted in or out of it". Which sounds good (I suppose) to the faithful but is a load of crap for those doing research. "God's will" may answer questions of the heart but where is the beef?

Did the Roman Catholic church have it's own agenda; of course it did, just as all religions in some form or fashion do. There were several passages that were more in line with Buddhist teachings that were omitted but I have no reference or article to show because I have not really cared or thought about such things for over 50 years. It is still going on today with each new rewrite. Look at an old old King James version starting @ Matthew 15-23? (sorry been a long time) where Christ was speaking to a Canaanite woman and he came right out and said, "Woman I came for the Jews; it would be unfair to take the bread from the children of Israel and cast it to the dogs...She was wanting her daughter healed and I am not to sure she felt all that well herself??...Sorry I do not have a Bible handy or I would look the chapter and verse up..If you look at some of the newer versions that whole passage has been softened or written with several caveats about testing faith. In many old world countries a dog is as low as you can go, for a dog does not know who it's father was....Surprised that passage was not removed altogether.

Internet is my friend!!
15:21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

The Bible I had from my grand father also said how the disciples had rebuked her 3 times telling her to leave until Christ finally stopped and heard her plea.. So what I am trying to say is go on blind faith as referred to above or realize most of history is doctored to fit someones agenda. Once upon a time I too would have like to studied the scrolls of Alexandria or spent days researching the Catholic Library in Rome but my fervor for such things has all but disappeared..Getting old I suppose..Good luck with your quest.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"What exactly was the early church trying to hide by destroying this book?"

Jesus was a teacher of self-empowerment, self-illumination, and self-awakening. Jesus was a philosophical alchemist and an awakened and enlightened bodhisattva. He taught Love, Unity, Peace, Forgiveness, Non-Judgmentalism, Altruism, and Knowledge of Self. He was a son of god just the same as me and you are children of god. Jesus didn't teach a belief based salvation, nor did he teach original sin.

These teachings are targeted to be destroyed or hidden.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have no 'nuts&bolts' proof, but, Jesus was at least married once...and the crucifiction show was just that...

There are a number of books that question the 'observances' of certain protocols at the time...one relates that a wife of an attending member must remain in the vestibule of a temple when the husband enters the temple...it appears, at one point in the narrative, that this occurs...Mary, stays back in the vestibule while Jesus (and apostles) enter the temple...the apostles having already entered...that kind of insignificant detail is often overlooked...or altered...

If anyone is/was ever under the impression that the scripted 'handbook' comes complete from the mouth of Source...and can still hear themselves think over the roaring alarm bells...one should question, who is 'saving' who?

A99

edit on 30-4-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Heh Isn't surprising that a catholic saint would say go to the voice of the water. Considering from the clothes of all the popes they seem to worship Dagon. Avoid the fire? Well the Lord is well known for using fire.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Just to add a little more information, I found this interesting.

Hippolytus (Philosophumena, IX, 13-17) tells us that under Callistus (217-222) a cunning individual called Alcibiades, a native of Apamea in Syria, came to Rome, bringing a book which he said had been received from Parthia by a just man named Elchasai (’Elchasaí; but Epiphanius has ’Elksaí and ’Elkessaîoi; Methodius, ’Elkesaîos, and Origen, ’Elkesaïtaí). The contents of the book had been revealed by an angel ninety-six miles high, sixteen miles broad, and twenty-four across the shoulders, whose footprints were fourteen miles long and four miles wide by two miles deep. This was the Son of God, and He was accompanied by His Sister, the Holy Ghost, of the same dimensions.

According to Hippolytus the teaching of Alcibiades was borrowed from various heresies. He taught circumcision, that Christ was a man like others, that he had many times been born on earth of a virgin, that he devoted himself to astrology, magic, and incantations.

For all sins of impurity, even against nature, a second baptism is enjoined "in the name of the great and most high God and in the name of His Son the great King", with an adjuration of the seven witnesses written in the book, sky, water, the holy spirits, the Angels of prayer, oil, salt, and earth. One who has been bitten by a mad dog is to run to the nearest water and jump in with all his clothes on, using the foregoing formula, and promising the seven witnesses that he will abstain from sin. The same treatment—forty days consecutively of baptism in cold water—is recommended for consumption and for the possessed. Other Ebionites in Epiphanius's time practised this treatment.

That saint tells us that mention was made in the book of Elchasai's brother, Iexai, and that the heresiarch was a Jew of the time of Trajan. Two of his descendants, two sisters, Marthus and Marthana, lived till the days of Epiphanius. They were reverenced as goddesses and the dust of their feet and their spittle were used to cure diseases. This suggests that Elchasai was not a fictitious personage. He was presumably a primitive leader of an Ebionite community, to whom Alcibiades ascribed his own book.

We learn further from Epiphanius that the book condemned virginity and continence, and made marriage obligatory. It permitted the worship of idols to escape persecution, provided the act was merely an external one, disavowed in the heart. Prayer was to be made not to the East, but always towards Jerusalem. Yet all sacrifice was condemned, with a denial that it had been offered by the patriarchs or under the Law. The Prophets as well as the Apostles were rejected, and of course St. Paul and all his writings. It has been customary to find Elcasaite doctrine in the Clementine "Homilies" and "Recognitions", especially in the former.

www.newadvent.org...

Hope it helps.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The fact of the matter is; the book only had to mention (or even intimate very slightly) that Jesus was a mere mortal and it was a candidate for destruction. This or any one of the dozens of others details that do not conform with the official story concocted by the Council of Nicaea in 325AD.

Either that or Jesus was an alien. Take your pick.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join