It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers find high-fructose corn syrup may be tied to worldwide collapse of bee colonies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Interesting...

I would expect that horticulture industry professionals would have some insight into these matters.

HFCS is a plant based product run amok across the world: obesity, diabetes, heart disease and cancer wrapped all into one...

The problem not inherently that humans ingest the stuff, but rather many live off the stuff. DOesn't work for humans lets try it on bees and see what happens...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
anecdotal: local private apiary suffered CCD but had no HFC involvement. the nearest small scale commercial farming is a mile away. there were no cell towers in the area at the time.
it could be possible a crappy HFC diet compromises health and amplifies other problems. similar to what happens to people who are overexposed to those things.
question timing of article. we'll see if things improve in the EU-if the ban is ever enforced and they don't play name change games.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So... the GMO corn used to manufacture HFCS creates it's own biocide for killing insects...

...what could go wrong?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by seeker1963

Or even sugar in general.

But TBH bees live on sugar - we do not - and I see no great evidence of a Human Colony Collapse disorder going on - we seem to be doing perfectly well breeding ourselves more and more even with HFCS, GMO, Fluoride and chemtrails!!

Actually we do live on sugar. All food is eventually broken down to sugar. The biggest problem is the amount necessary in our daily diet. Any concentration such as sugary syrup is going to be bad.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is actually kind of funny...Read all these articles the passed years about bees dying. "No one knows why...looking at everything, probably pestisides." Not one ever mentioned their main diet is HFCS. It all would have made a lot more sense, earlier, to me, if I had that nugget of information.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join