Karma.....Sucks

page: 2
18
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hi, OP

Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time and hope that things will get better.

I know that this is posted in the off-topic/rant/chitchat board so it's likely out of place for me to ask but it's out of curiosity. Because this has been on my mind for some time.

You see, I'm a Buddhist and the concept of karma is an important part of the Buddhist teachings so when I hear people talk about karma I wonder whether they're talking about it as a religious concept or only a general concept like what goes around comes around. And when you talk about karma, do you really, I mean really believe in it?

Again, if you don't feel like discussing this just ignore me. No hard feeling




posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
Hi, OP

Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time and hope that things will get better.

I know that this is posted in the off-topic/rant/chitchat board so it's likely out of place for me to ask but it's out of curiosity. Because this has been on my mind for some time.

You see, I'm a Buddhist and the concept of karma is an important part of the Buddhist teachings so when I hear people talk about karma I wonder whether they're talking about it as a religious concept or only a general concept like what goes around comes around. And when you talk about karma, do you really, I mean really believe in it?

Again, if you don't feel like discussing this just ignore me. No hard feeling


To be honest, I do believe in karma although I don't think of it in a religious sense. I believe that like energy attracts like energy. Negative people draw negative energy, while positive people draw positive energy.

Whether the universe or whatever actually keeps a scorecard, I don't know. Would love to hear your thoughts on this...why not start a thread about it? If you do, please let me know!



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I like those kind of stories so much. I always keep my mouth shut when that happens around me.
I like to think it is the path to humility because karma take way to much time for some people.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
How do you manage to right so much on here? Between the autistic son, and all the other stuff that happens daily with you? Do you think its a good idea to disclose your sons medical information without his consent? Do you know that you harming him by that because all the info you put makes it such that practically anyone in england could figure out the name if they tried.

I'm just trying to understand you.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't know if I believe in Karma, but I do believe that what goes around comes around. I have experienced it in my life countless times. I have had to eat my words so many times.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
How do you manage to right so much on here? Between the autistic son, and all the other stuff that happens daily with you? Do you think its a good idea to disclose your sons medical information without his consent? Do you know that you harming him by that because all the info you put makes it such that practically anyone in england could figure out the name if they tried.

I'm just trying to understand you.


Writing is therapeutic to me. It's my stress relief. So ranting on ATS serves dual purposes.

As for my son....he is what he is. He goes to public school, so he's "in the system." How is my discussing our issues going to harm here? He's six and doesn't care. I do change bits of info here and there, but right now I'm not concerned. Autism is a BROAD diagnosis.....and many children have it.

There may be a misunderstanding of my son....he's autistic, but also gifted. It's a strange combination. But if you're imagining a child who can't talk, who has extreme rages, that's not him.

We don't live in England, although I understand your point. But honestly....if someone truly wants to find us they will. And I don't think it's harming him.

When my son no longer wants me to discuss him....then I won't.
edit on 2-5-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ahhh Karma.., The Great Equalizer.

I'm a firm believer and absolutely love Karma.

It's all about the negative equaling the positive. If your gonna be a selfish POS Karma will get you one day, maybe not in this life, but there is nho escaping it.

It's one of the few things that makes me happy as a middle class American citizen, and stops me from going into certain familiy members places of work and doing harm to the male "managers" (LOL I use that term loosely) that take advantage of elderly females in my family .

I have ideas of flattening the tires on thier leased SUV's, or pouring Sugar down the tank, then finishing by breaking every window with a C02 pellet gun. When I have those feelings, I just think of Karma, and I become totally calm and at peace knowing they'll get theirs, and anything I do to hurt them will only give me bad Karma.

Karma; it's a wonderful thing for those of us who are unselfish and have morals, and care about our fellow human beings.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


I could'nt imagine having to work in the environment that you do smylee. I was home schooled for quite a while when I was younger and then when I had to go to public school I could not believe the differences between me and the other kids. On many levels. School it seems (even in elementary levels) is about anything but reading, writing and arithmetic.

That is pretty awesome that the loudmouth snitchy teacher got made out to look like a fool. Irony is one of the great truths of the universe it seems. I know alot of racists around here that are white and their daughters always seem to date black guys. There are many more examples I can give but I think you know what I'm saying already.

My heart goes out to you for raising an autistic child and doing what is best for him. One of my good friends has an autistic son thats about the same age as yours and I swear that child is smarter than many of the adults I know. For a long time she did not put him on any medicine because she was afraid it was going to change him but it made him much calmer actually, but still the same kid. He loves to come to my house and ride the 4-wheeler and play with my dogs. He's like a normal kid except for odd things he likes to do like put things all in a row. I have an old box of crayons and colored pencils that he draws with when he comes over and he has to take them all out of the box and put them in a line before he starts drawing. I can have a conversation with him about almost anything and it feels like I'm talking to an adult alot of times.



edit on 3-5-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you as a mother do not understand how revealing your childs psychiatric diagnoses could cause future harm then you are naive.

No, I think your son is a normal gifted variant to be honest. I think later in life if tries to get a job and for some reason its found that he was diagnosed with a psychiatric condition be it false or true, it may have negative effects.

How can you take back what you've posted about him "when he's old enough to tell he doesn't want you to type about him"

Drilling this idea that he has autism into his head won't help neither will the synthetic drugs.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
If you as a mother do not understand how revealing your childs psychiatric diagnoses could cause future harm then you are naive.

No, I think your son is a normal gifted variant to be honest. I think later in life if tries to get a job and for some reason its found that he was diagnosed with a psychiatric condition be it false or true, it may have negative effects.

How can you take back what you've posted about him "when he's old enough to tell he doesn't want you to type about him"

Drilling this idea that he has autism into his head won't help neither will the synthetic drugs.



First of all, I've not told my son he has a diagnosis of autism. Second of all, if you want to give medical advice, I'll need to see your medical license.

I've not shared nearly enough information about my son for anyone online to adequately diagnose him. Heck, I had a hard time trying to understand this and I childhood development is my chosen field! He's unique, no doubt about that.

If, in the future, an employer decides not to hire my son based on a medical diagnosis....that's discrimination. Not that I think it's a big concern, he's incredibly gifted with computers and I think he's going to be just fine.

If I, as his mother, truly thought that something I wanted to share would in anyway harm him, then I would never post it. The fact is, I don't see the harm in what I've mentioned.

But I do thank you for your concern and warning. I know they are kindly met, and it's appreciated.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
First i stopped reading after your first two sentences when you asked me to give you my personal information. I know you don't care who knows what about you. We all aren't the same. It is good you didn't tell him he has the diagnoses, For him, stop telling the world. I'm not trying to be a jerk, i'm being honest.

edit on 3-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
18
<< 1   >>

log in

join