Karma.....Sucks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

This is a weird rant. Right now my work environment is total hell. I absolutely would love to quit teaching; I'm burned out from dealing with all the crap my principal throws my way. He truly dislikes me and I'm pretty sure it has to do with my son. Last year, my son started kindergarten at my school, along with my brand new principal. My son had a terrible year.....rages, had to be restrained, etc. we finally have a diagnosis that he's autistic (although extremely gifted at the same time). I honestly don't think my principal wants to deal with the conundrum that is my son. And there's the fact that I've tried to talk to him about some of his more asinine decrees (he taught 8th grade and has no understanding of how very young children learn). To make a long story short, it's a very hostile work environment and I'm trying my upmost to get a transfer.

Anyway, we have another administrator who is an absolute witch with a capital B. She's rude to everyone, and I mean really rude. At staff meetings she's quick to throw others under the bus and refuses to take responsibility for her own actions. Several times she's outright lied to the state department, and we can prove the lies because we've documented everything she does (it's so bad our teachers union is involved).

I'm the department chair for first grade, and my fellow first grade teachers are first year newbies. They're trying their best, and they are good teachers. First year is always difficult. It's a learning year.

One of my coworkers, I'll call her Jane, is a diabetic. One morning she didn't show up for work on time. Usually when this happens its because she's having blood sugar problems and her husband has to drive her. Well, come 9:00 we still couldn't get in touch with her. I was frantic, thinking maybe something terrible happened. We called her mom, who checked on her. Turned out their house lost power and she overslept.

An honest mistake. She came in devastated about it, and my witchy colleague was unnecessarily rude and hostile. She humiliated my coworker in front of the whole school, claiming that professionals are always on time, no excuses.

Today.....sweet karma took care of Mrs Witch.

She overslept....and didn't make it in until almost noon. And it just so happened the state was there to witness this...

I know it's wrong for me to feel happy about this. Karma will probably get me for thinking this....but SHE GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Everything comes full circle. I'm a firm believer in that after what I have seen in this world.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

It sounds to me like your happiness is do to the serendipity of the situation, not the mistake of the Admin.

I do not think you have anything to worry about from Karma.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

principal wants to deal with the conundrum that is my son. And there's the fact that I've tried to talk to him about some of his more asinine decrees (he taught 8th grade and has no understanding of how very young children learn).

Personally since you have had your son diganost with Autisum I would make it clear to your new principal that there is a law against discrimination and that you find his words offending and warn him that if he continues with the asinine decrees that you will file a law suit against him and the school for discrimination.

One thing I have learned over the years with my sister whom is a school Psycologist/ then some District big wig is the discrimination factor and laws, she mentioned that its mostly done by administration and rarly staff.

Stand your ground as a parent first then a teacher.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Somehow I don't think an internet rant is going to make the situation better.

It's a small world.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

It's a small world.

It made me feel better...does that count?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Rant away, better out than kept within!. Hope things work our for you at your school, Or you get a good transfer. Its not fair that you have to move and feel unhappy at a job you love, Because of a few unpleasant people

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You feel better, for now...

How will you feel if someone recognizes the very specific scenarios you have laid out and puts two and two together?

Then there are the Cosmic implications of gloating over someone else's misfortune. I mean, since you are giving at least a nod to Karma. As you say, it can suck.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Cosmic implications of gloating over someone else's misfortune. I mean, since you are giving at least a nod to Karma.

I wouldn't call it gloating, not in the least - but as you say, a nod... maybe a wink as well

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Has your union advised you to fill out Americans with Disabilities Act paperwork? It will help protect you if you have to miss work to take care of your son. This includes if you have to leave your class to handle emergencies. I was a classified employee in S.CA and a union steward. It seems that bad administrators and principals are the norm now. As to karma, good karma cancels bad so there is nothing to worry about! I sure your good karma far outweighs your bad!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You feel better, for now...

How will you feel if someone recognizes the very specific scenarios you have laid out and puts two and two together?

Then there are the Cosmic implications of gloating over someone else's misfortune. I mean, since you are giving at least a nod to Karma. As you say, it can suck.

Well, I doubt these people are on ATS to begin with. But keeping that in mind, I did change a few minor details so IF they ever read this, maybe they won't recognize themselves.

Or maybe they will, and it will be a wake up call. The harassment of others, the constant belittling...it needs to stop. My hands are tied, I've already tried to be the mediator and that's partly the reason I just want to leave.

As for karma getting me....quite possible. Believe me, I get the irony. But I must have done some terrible things in the past to be getting what I go through on a daily basis.

So there it is.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You'll Be fine Teaching is a Real Pain in the arse of a Job

All those screaming Little Brats to take care of!

I See heaps of Teachers have mental breakdowns and end up in Mental hospitals because they Can't Cope with their jobs!
edit on 1/5/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

LOL...I think it's hysterically funny ! It's not like your wishing her bodily harm....we all can use a lesson in humility from time to time....
Perhaps sometimes "professionals" do over sleep, till noon even !

I'm sending positive thoughts your way Smyleegrl, I have read some of your recent posts and have been thinking about you, and wanted to reply. I have a few years on you, my daughter is 22 yrs. and I just turned 50 yrs.....yikes, lol........ I REALLY understand how difficult it is to raise a young child and work in a high pressure, "hostile" environment, and I KNOW the toll it takes on your family life and personal well being.

You know what's funny, when I think back on it now, all the things that used to COMPLETELY Stress me out about work really mean nothing now, other then to reflect on how stupid it all was, but you know what does still bother me and makes me sad, the times I missed out on with my daughter...
Constantly rushing everything......"hurry up, hurry up...we're going to be late ! " Always juggling her needs with my responsibilities at work...the look on her face when I had to work late and showed up with a store bought cake, when I PROMISED her we would make one, which was our tradition on her Birthday....then getting all the girls settled in for her sleep over, lol, which I probably hurried, cause I still had work to do in my home office...... hangs my head in Mommy shame........

I don't know that much about autism or special needs children, but God Bless Ms. Diane, my daughter's first teacher who when my daughter REFUSED to participate in Circle Time told her mortified Mommy..... "Don't worry, she will join when she's ready " and you know what, she did, and she loved Circle Time...
Your Principal does not seem like the kind of person that can handle kids in general, I'm not even going to be PC, he sounds like a Jerk !

Hang in There....((( Hug )))

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This is an interesting talk by a buhdist who was a former college teacher.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Nope sorry, Karma like god, Jebus, blah blah lag is just more elitist lies and b.s. It would yes be Justice if there was a thing as Karma, but truth is,

Thousands commit the most horrendous human right abuses and Literally destroy Souls and Spirits for ENTIRE lifetimes,

And live very comfortable lives and to an old age and die in their sleep. Happens every day...

As for witch ee being late, that's a given...Eventually Everyone is going to be late for something, that's just Life. Not sme Karma act or some invisible god in the sky. She probably didn't even think about the other woman because narcissists don't, that don't think anything they do is wrong anyway so even if there Was Karma, it would be wasted on these types. NO, the evil at your job authority wise won't be resolved by deities and fantasy creatures, they are problems of Corrupt Authority who have Gotten that power by VIOLENCE and by violence that I clues psychological bullying and lying, etc., and no one stops it because we slaves have been brainwashed into waiting for some invisible force to take care of these mean people...and we stay Passive

Meanwhile the poor increase, the female blood sheds from Violemce, the Caste system grows leaps and blinds and if there IS a Messiah, he or she should be dethroned for blatant laziness and NEGLECT. Because there is no justice and hasn't been for tens of thousands of years...we just like to WISH there is so we don't go bat # insane...

Truth sucks. Cynical but at least it's real...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeBears
Nope sorry, Karma like god, Jebus, blah blah lag is just more elitist lies and b.s. It would yes be Justice if there was a thing as Karma, but truth is,

Thousands commit the most horrendous human right abuses and Literally destroy Souls and Spirits for ENTIRE lifetimes,

And live very comfortable lives and to an old age and die in their sleep. Happens every day...

As for witch ee being late, that's a given...Eventually Everyone is going to be late for something, that's just Life. Not sme Karma act or some invisible god in the sky. She probably didn't even think about the other woman because narcissists don't, that don't think anything they do is wrong anyway so even if there Was Karma, it would be wasted on these types. NO, the evil at your job authority wise won't be resolved by deities and fantasy creatures, they are problems of Corrupt Authority who have Gotten that power by VIOLENCE and by violence that I clues psychological bullying and lying, etc., and no one stops it because we slaves have been brainwashed into waiting for some invisible force to take care of these mean people...and we stay Passive

Meanwhile the poor increase, the female blood sheds from Violemce, the Caste system grows leaps and blinds and if there IS a Messiah, he or she should be dethroned for blatant laziness and NEGLECT. Because there is no justice and hasn't been for tens of thousands of years...we just like to WISH there is so we don't go bat # insane...

Truth sucks. Cynical but at least it's real...

She did not mention a "God" and Karma does NOT have anything to do with a "GOD". It is simply the balance of things, ying and yang. When something is pushed one way, there will always be force pushing back around. That is how simple karma is. You send out a ripple, may it be negative or positive, and eventually it comes back to you.

Take your negativity elsewhere. Because someone chooses to believe in a wondrous act of synchronicity them automatically makes them a "God" believing or a Messiah believing kook??? Ignorance is not bliss in your situation, just sad.
Nobody said anything about Deities or fantasy creatures, so I think you're the one leaning to bat s*** insane, pulling s*** out of your ass and such.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
Has your union advised you to fill out Americans with Disabilities Act paperwork? It will help protect you if you have to miss work to take care of your son. This includes if you have to leave your class to handle emergencies. I was a classified employee in S.CA and a union steward. It seems that bad administrators and principals are the norm now. As to karma, good karma cancels bad so there is nothing to worry about! I sure your good karma far outweighs your bad!

After the hell my son went through last year, and the trouble I had to get him seen by the school psychologist....yeah. I actually got a lawyer involved. Another reason my principal probably doesn't like me too much. But I'll be damned if I sit back and watch my son struggle through school without the help he's entitled too.

Just think...I'm a teacher and I know the laws about what schools have to provide for students, and I had to fight. Can you imagine a regular parent who might not know about their rights?

I honestly don't know how much longer I can stay in the public school system. It's terrible and getting worse.

If we could afford it, I'd quit and homeschool my son. It's just not an option, though.

Thank you for the kind thought...much appreciated!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I used to work for the public school system, in what is called the BRC (im sure its similar to the programs your kid is in). I worked with autistic kids, emotionally disturbed kids, kids that were crack babies, etc.

I had to leave the job, for pretty much the exact same reasons you describe. The way these kids are treated is disgusting. It is basically "out of sight, out of mind", with extremely limited resources given to help them. It got to the point that I put a fridge in my classroom and always kept it stocked, because the schools wouldnt even help these kids with lunches (really pissed off the admit, too, because I turned the 'isolation room', something I have a HUGE issue with, into a room all the kids wanted to hang out in, have a snack, and talk about life.

I truly empathize with your situation.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

It's a small world.

seriously wtf for a forum moderator (I think change the word moderator to troll would be more fitting for you), get your head out your ass, venting is a pure natural way to relieve stress.

I can guarantee you a lot of people only have facebook as a means of venting like myself when the world gets to much and you don't want to personally sit down with someone face to face.

I personally think the staff admin should revoke any moderator privilege's with even a warning if they troll or show no compassion, if you thought it was inappropriate why didn't you moderate her OP instead of trolling it

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

To be fair, Kosmicjack is just expressing her opinion, which she is entitled too. I wouldn't call it trolling at all....just a different viewpoint. And the OP is ironic in that I'm kinda gloating over the fact that this mean lady got her comeuppance. So karma could bite me in the butt, too.

edit on 2-5-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join