It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Stealth Bombers Dropping Millions of Leaflets Over North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
US Stealth Bombers Dropping Millions of Leaflets Over North Korea

SEOUL, South Korea — South Korean officials are telling the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) that B-2 stealth bombers are currently dropping leaflets over the city of Pyongyang warning its citizens of an impending attack. At the time of this posting, the U.S. government or its military has not made a statement regarding this late breaking story. 34-year-old Paul Horner who is in Donggang, China on business told CNN that it is possible to see the leaflets being dropped over Pyongyang. “I went up to the roof of my hotel where they have a telescope that allows you to view different parts of North Korea. Right now there are literally thousands of packages being dumped everywhere in Pyongyang. I can’t see the planes, but these packages have parachutes attached to them and then when they get close to the ground they open up or something because suddenly there is just paper everywhere. It’s actually quite an amazing site to see.” Horner continued, “Also, if you ever get a chance to visit over here, I highly recommend it. The girls here are super hot.” CNN has obtained a copy of the leaflet that the B-2 stealth bombers are currently dropping on the city of Pyongyang: Translated into English: ATTENTION NORTH KOREAN PEOPLE. EVACUATE PYONGYANG NOW!

investmentwatchblog. com

superofficialnews.com

I still need time to see if this is true or not. If true North Korea isn't going to be happy.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is interesting news, but it has already been proven to be a hoax. Even one of the links in the article is a huge giveaway that it's a satire site.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh damn.

That's really, really not a smart thing to do unless you want to provoke NK into a pre-emptive strike. After the first hits, yes, but before? madness.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

why would they do this? Are they trying to provoke an attack? oh wait.......... of course they are.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ill be keeping an eye on this, but reading the translation makes me think 'fake'.
Yup, even the slightest research shows this to be fake.

edit on 30-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

That looks like a old 50's era PSYOP leaflet to me. I also highly doubt that the US would use a strategic asset like a B-2 just to drop paper. Also in the caption under the photo it say B-52 stealth bombers.

Yep, another CNN fail if the in fact reported this...and I cannot find it on any CNN site.

Poor Mary is just another clueless nut who believes everything she sees on the interwebs.

ETA: I've never seen that parody website though, I'll have to look it over for grins and giggles.
edit on 30-4-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Already posted weeks ago here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's also posted on a satire website, It's not news, it's fake satire.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

This is OLD made up news

superofficialnews.com...

the date on the story is 13th April

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Cool idea though.

What next - deliver the newspapers by Tomahawk missiles?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yep it is not real and from a satire page. Also the entire idea of it is beyond silly.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Blundo

That looks like a old 50's era PSYOP leaflet to me. I also highly doubt that the US would use a strategic asset like a B-2 just to drop paper. Also in the caption under the photo it say B-52 stealth bombers.

Yep, another CNN fail if the in fact reported this...and I cannot find it on any CNN site.

Poor Mary is just another clueless nut who believes everything she sees on the interwebs.

ETA: I've never seen that parody website though, I'll have to look it over for grins and giggles.
edit on 30-4-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

They did that in Iraq - dropped leaflets informing Iraqi troops that jet fighters would be flying over and dropping bombs at some exact time the following day. They would have the choice of leaving their vehicles or being literally carpet bombed.

They drop a couple of large mother-bombs which release hundreds of smaller bomblets, which either be incendiary, fragmentation/shrapnel, land-mine, flash bangs or smokescreen. I can't imagine what that would be like - if you aren`t burnt, shredded, you have the risk of stumbling around in the fog until you step on a mine or two.

edit on 30-4-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
While this news may just be satire, before the US bombed Afghanistan, the US did drop millions of leaflets, offering a reward for Osama Bin Laden. The bombings began shortly thereafter.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"superofficialnews.com" is that our equivalent to North Korean propaganda?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
While this news may just be satire, before the US bombed Afghanistan, the US did drop millions of leaflets, offering a reward for Osama Bin Laden. The bombings began shortly thereafter.
Quite right. Dropping leaflets IS a normal procedure, not just by the US, but by a lot of nations before they attack somewhere. Israel did it during their most recent spat with Gaza.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Quite right. Dropping leaflets IS a normal procedure, not just by the US, but by a lot of nations before they attack somewhere. Israel did it during their most recent spat with Gaza.

It's not the idea of dropping leaflets, it's where and why they are being dropped.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

It's not the idea of dropping leaflets, it's where and why they are being dropped.
Oh no, Im with you, just looking at the translation of that thing was hilarious. Very sloppy. Obviously a fake.

Im just saying dropping leaflets IS done.

new topics

top topics

join